Message Boards

Topic : A Circle of Friends with Loving Support

Number of Replies: 50813
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:18:46 am
Author : dataimport

This board is for anyone who desires friendship & Weight Loss Support utilizing Dr. Phil's 7 Keys to Success.

We strive to provide loving support without being judgmental to others.

We all understand that there are events in our lives that can have an effect on our emotional eating. You can discuss that here should you so desire.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 7, 2008, 2:52 am CST

Pam

Quote From: hangouttodry

Crazy day today. My 82 year old Dad is having surgery. Packing a bag of distractions and fruit. The hopsital actually has quite a nice and cheap salad bar, and lots of stairs, so I always have a choice. That's what I find so nuts about being overweight. Most people know what to do, we just don't do it.  We're getting smarter and dumber at the same time. I'm re-reading the book. Especially healing feelings. Had a hard time with that the first time, and honestly, kind of skipped over it. Having trouble finding the feelings to heal, I guess. Nothing significant seems to have kick started weight-gain for me. Not that I have been able to find anyways. Just slowly crept up and up over the last bunch or years. But I will go over it again and do some soul searching and see what I can come figure out!

Have a great day! Fabulous weather today where I am. 19 celcius (sorry, don't do farenheit very well!)

Pam

Don't worry about farenheit--I don't know celcuis well and I lived in the Middle and Far East where British influence definately make celcuis the scale.  But, In Bahrain/Dubai, it was so hot most of the time that there were no weather reports.  Everyone knew what the weather was going to be like.  Glad it is nice.

It turned off nice here, too.  Most people would complain but it's cool enough for a sweter again.

You are so right.  Most of us know what to do, but just don't seem to do it.  Even when we are in "control" (as much as we can be, anyway) of the rest of our lives, we can still be out of control on the food.

I have learned over the years (and working with a physhologist after my divorce) that the hurt or angry feelings were just dragging me down.  There were some resentments that I'd been carrying for years.  Most of them I've been able to let go of by deciding that I can't control what others do--I can only control how I react.  Really believing that and believing that we are and feel based on the choices we make, I made the dedicated choice to bow out of the blame game.  People are what they are and they behave based on who/what they are.  My mother didn't intend to hurt me, she is a very self-centered and believes that everything revolves around her.  Huge anger in my life for some of the things she did----but I realize she was always the same person and it was my luck to be born as her daughter.  Fortunately, God gave me a good balance in my life:  my grandmother and my mother-in-law both were big "mother" forces in my life. 

But no matter how hard we try to be what everyone else needs, we will still make mistakes.  And, if we aren't careful we will lose the "me" just to please others---which usually means for me, more weight piled on somewhere.

You dad will be in my prayers, Pam.  My parents are 88, so I've done my time at the hospital.  Sounds like you are ready.  Hope you were able to make some good choices and took a great book that you couldn't stop reading to pass the time.

Hugs,

Anita

November 11, 2008, 2:41 am CST

Monday evening

Hey all you lurkers.  Hope you are doing well.

I had a horrible night last night.  I a training session last night and didn't get home until late and was stressed about my car.  The rental place closed before I got there and I was suppose to take my car in for repair last night as there is no time before I go to work.  I finally traded cars with my dad and he and my brother are going to take it this morning. 

Anyway, by the time I got home it was 7 pm and I usually go to bed at 8 and I was way over starved.  I wound up over eating big time and still feel full this morning.  Ugh!  I've been doing so well on my weight loss and controling my eating.  Sure blew it last night and tonight is my weigh in at Weight Watchers.  :

But I'm back on the straight and narrow this morning.  Sure don't want to mess up the downward trend.

Hugs,

Anita

November 13, 2008, 9:27 am CST

hey, y'all

Quote From: cussmotor2

Hey all you lurkers.  Hope you are doing well.

I had a horrible night last night.  I a training session last night and didn't get home until late and was stressed about my car.  The rental place closed before I got there and I was suppose to take my car in for repair last night as there is no time before I go to work.  I finally traded cars with my dad and he and my brother are going to take it this morning. 

Anyway, by the time I got home it was 7 pm and I usually go to bed at 8 and I was way over starved.  I wound up over eating big time and still feel full this morning.  Ugh!  I've been doing so well on my weight loss and controling my eating.  Sure blew it last night and tonight is my weigh in at Weight Watchers.  :

But I'm back on the straight and narrow this morning.  Sure don't want to mess up the downward trend.

Hugs,

Anita

Hi Anita and Pam,

I thought I'd replied to this, but must have hit something other than Post!  So hi, y'all, and I hope you're doing well today.  Pam, I'm praying for your dad.  I lost my father last May, so I can empathize with what you're going through. 

Anita, I hope things are better for you!  I know the syndrome -- I really messed up last Saturday.  Started out with one piece of chocolate and progressed to "I've blown it now, so I might as well eat everything in sight."  I

'm realizing that I'm going to have to treat this as an addiction for the time being, knowing that a bite can set me up for a craving, which becomes a compulsion.  As a recovering alcoholic, I should know these things!  Of course, I can't abstain from eating, so it's a bit more complicated.  I guess I do need to abstain from certain things, though, until I break this deadly cycle.

Have a great day!

Gertie

November 16, 2008, 2:51 pm CST

Gertie

Quote From: gertruda

Hi Anita and Pam,

I thought I'd replied to this, but must have hit something other than Post!  So hi, y'all, and I hope you're doing well today.  Pam, I'm praying for your dad.  I lost my father last May, so I can empathize with what you're going through. 

Anita, I hope things are better for you!  I know the syndrome -- I really messed up last Saturday.  Started out with one piece of chocolate and progressed to "I've blown it now, so I might as well eat everything in sight."  I

'm realizing that I'm going to have to treat this as an addiction for the time being, knowing that a bite can set me up for a craving, which becomes a compulsion.  As a recovering alcoholic, I should know these things!  Of course, I can't abstain from eating, so it's a bit more complicated.  I guess I do need to abstain from certain things, though, until I break this deadly cycle.

Have a great day!

Gertie

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  I've had tons of school work to do that I have put off.  Ugh!!

The problem with abstaining from certain foods is that sometimes we crave them all the more for not having them.  To deal with my chocolate habit, I've got some SF hot chocolate, some SF fudge bars, some EAS dark chocolate protein drinks, and once in awhile, I'll get a little bag of Hersey's SF dark chocolate.  The latter comes in a tiny piece enough for two small bites.  I don't chew--I let each bite melt and it is so chocolaty that I'm good.

I am a former smoker and I know what you mean about compulsion.  Working helps.  I don't take a lot of stuff to school except what I am suppose to have.  Sometimes, I'll take a little treat (a chocolate WW bar, etc) for after school if I know that it will be a stressful class.  If I force myself to give up all chocolate, I begin to go nute......that is nuttier than I usually am.

I'm here almost every day--this past week has been crazy with really late evenings for me almost every night and I was so tired in the mornings, I didn't get much done on the computer.  But, I'm here for you, girl.

Hugs,

Anita

November 17, 2008, 6:44 am CST

Gertie

Quote From: gertruda

Hi Anita and Pam,

Have a great day!

Gertie

Gertie, Food addiction is the hardest to overcome because one has to eat.  I also love chocolate.  I can't keep it in my home.  I have been eating chewable chocolate calcuim vitamins which helps me for my chocolate fix.  Take care! :) Bren

November 17, 2008, 6:51 am CST

Hi Pam

Quote From: hangouttodry

Hi! I'm Pam from Ontario (the one in Canada!) Looking for some support, and a user-friendly message board. Needed to lose 45 pounds. Lost the first 25 with Dr. Phil a year ago. Then things turned a little goofy with my aging parents and I've been kind of stuck there since. I have an overweight husband who isn't interested in changing his lifestyle, so not very helpful! Things are still goofy with my aging parents. So any support I can give or get will be helpful I'm sure.

Thanks!

Hi Pam, Welcome!  It is great that you have already lost some weight with Dr. Phil.  I have lost 55 pounds with the help of a Dietian and following Dr. Phil's 7 Keys.  I really like these message boards, however, they have been slow lately.  Anita and Gertie are the best and I am glad to see that they have been supporting you.  Keep posting.  Take care! :) Bren

November 23, 2008, 2:57 pm CST

A Circle of Friends with Loving Support

Hi all,

I'm Izzie and I am overweight. I really need support and I would like to be here for others. I weigh 220 pounds. I'm on Dr. Phil's program. I really love his program.

Take care all,

Izzie

November 24, 2008, 3:55 am CST

Izzie

Quote From: sammy_1954

Hi all,

I'm Izzie and I am overweight. I really need support and I would like to be here for others. I weigh 220 pounds. I'm on Dr. Phil's program. I really love his program.

Take care all,

Izzie

Hi Izzie, My name is Brenda and I go by Bren on the message boards.  I have 54 pounds with the help of a Dietian and following Dr. Phil's 7 Key's.  I also really love his program.  It is great that you are on his program.  This message board is a little slow, however, there are some regulars here.  So, keep posting and you will here from the regulars soon.  Good luck to you!  Take care! :) Bren

November 28, 2008, 4:32 am CST

Izzie

Quote From: sammy_1954

Hi all,

Take care all,

Izzie

Welcome.  I'm one of the regulars that Brenda mentioned, but haven't been very regular in the last couple of weeks. 

Glad that you are working towards a healthier life.  I weigh 250 and am on the same path as you are and also in need of support.  I've been going to Weight Watchers to get some support and am losing slowly.  I need to get back in the keys and do some of the grunt work that I should have done before.  I've lost 60 pounds with Dr P, gained 30 of it back through a very stressful time, and am back in earnest to finish what I started. 

There are more active boards, but there are so many people posting that I get lost..  So you would be a welcome participant on this board.  We may be small but we are open, welcoming, and heart-felt.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving--if you are in the US and celebrate it.  I'm in Kansas and from the weather map this morning, we are heading for some snow.  :)

Drink that water and post again,

Hugs,

Anita

February 11, 2009, 8:19 pm CST

A Circle of Friends with Loving Support

Hello everyone.

I was here a while back.

I started UWLS on Jan.8/05 I was 219 lbs and went down to 145 lbs. But in the past year I've put on 30 lbs. totally fell off the wagon. Guess I need the phil boards for support.

I'm going to lose this weight and get back down to 150.

I weigh in tomorrow, I'll come and let you know how that goes.

Loosey

First | Prev | 5076 | 5077 | 5078 | 5079 | 5080 | 5081 | Next | Last