Message Boards

Topic : 05/07 A Dr. Phil Family on Fire: House Intervention, Part 2

Number of Replies: 118
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 04, 2007, 12:02:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with The Dr. Phil Family. Gene and Myra’s marriage has become a war zone, with ugly fights involving name-calling, spitting and throwing objects. Their children were caught in the middle and wrote to Dr. Phil for a family intervention. To find out if their broken marriage has a chance and to heal the resentment between all the family members, they move into The Dr. Phil House. First, Dr. Phil arranges for Myra to meet Lee, a pregnant self-proclaimed mistress in a long-term relationship with a married man. Will hearing another perspective help Myra let go of her anger and bitterness over Gene’s adulterous past? Next, since Gene admits he treats women like sexual objects, Dr. Phil wants to set him straight. Three successful women arrive at the house, determined to change Gene’s views about the opposite sex. After listening to them speak, Gene breaks down and says he wants to become a better husband. But do the ladies think he’s sincere? Gene and Myra’s three adult children, Melissa, Edwin and Eugene, join them in the house. After trying to have secret conversations off camera, Melissa gets a wake-up call when Dr. Phil knocks on the door. Then, in an exercise designed to get to the root of their resentments for each other, each family member takes a turn in the “hot seat” while the others open up about what they hate about them. Guess which person can’t take the criticism and wants to leave, then talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 7, 2007, 3:54 pm CDT

These two losers deserve each other

They're both cheaters.  He cheated on his previous wife while she was pregnant with that loser, foul-mouthed current wife of his.  She denigrates him for being uneducated, what was he when she was cheating with him - a college graduate?  She got exactly what she deserved...a louse.

And what's up with bringing in that pregnant whore?  Is she supposed to be some kind of expert because she gets knocked up by a married man?  Yeah, I really want to hear what SHE has to say.  After all, she manages her own life so well and all.  That was just stupid.

At the least, watching that train wreck has gotta make ya feel better about your family, no matter how bad they may be. 

May 7, 2007, 4:00 pm CDT

Ye---Gads

I am sick of these people. if they want to make their lives miserable, let them. There are people who want to make their lives better. If her husband died tomorrow she would be sufferig and wailing forever. Her life is about drama not peace. I canot watch it anymore.

May 7, 2007, 4:42 pm CDT

"Move On"

I am really sick of seeing this family on TV.  The first week was bad enough but after today's show, I am totally frustrated with all of them.  I think they all should be told to leave the house and let Dr. Phil help some sane people with their problems.

These people are about as low on the Totem pole as you can get.  Get on with it Dr. Phil.  They are not worth your time and energy.

Margo

May 7, 2007, 4:51 pm CDT

hmmm

I feel for the family, there is no forgetfullness anywhere. It sounds as though everything must be relived again and again. So much negative.

I heard about a wife that went to a lawyer to start the paperwork for a divorce. The lawyer advised the wife to be as sweet as she could be and do everything that the husband wanted (without being degrading) therefore when she left him he would be devestaed.

A couple of months went by and she called the lawyer to inform him that she decided to stay with her husband. Since she had changed so much it made him want to change for her.

Makes you go  . . . hmmmm. . . .  .

As for the kids, the daughter is keeping the hurt going for the mom. The mom confiding in the daughter is wrong. By parents bringing in thier kids to feel their pain is not healthy.  It is making the kids be part of it, they really don't want to be in the middle of it. The daughter is learning how to be the same in her marrige as her mothers. The youngest is the referee and nurse. That is not what a kid wants to do. The Middle child just wants to dissapear, become invisable. ~ Don't blame him. 

May 7, 2007, 4:53 pm CDT

Reap What You Sew

I don't understand why this woman is so angry that her husband has cheated on her when she just admitted that is how she met him!!!  Just another example of the old adage..."once a cheater always a cheater"...and I believe that goes both ways!  And I believe that Myra deserves what she has gotten after not leaving her husband after the first time he cheated. I have no sympathy for either parent, only the children that were caught up in all of their anger.

May 7, 2007, 5:06 pm CDT

Dr Phil Family

Im not sure if the Dr Phil Family will read this, but I hope they do. I want you guys to know that you shouldn't be too hard on yourselves or embarrassed by certain things. Lots of families have issues, make wrong decisions, and live in low class neighborhoods. I want the dad to know that even though you have made some bad choices by your words and actions, I can tell you are good man and you have a good soul. I don't think your tears were fake when those ladies were talking you. I think they were sincere. Men aren't able to express themselves as easy as women and it really upsets me that when they do finally break down and cry they are accused of doing it for show. I think the cheating was wrong, but I do feel u regret it, I can tell u love your wife. Lots of men in America cheat and most do it b/c they don't feel loved, valued, or respecting anymore. My message to the youngest son is try not to be ashamed of your home, even it it has roaches. Some people don't even have a roof over their heads. I grew up in a low income home w/roaches too, but now that I'm older I see that my parents tried their best with what they had. Your parents love u and thats what counts. Everyone needs to try to keep the house clean and clutter free and have it sprayed monthly. I don't think the mom should be hard on the oldest son, you should build your children up not tear them down. They will have enough people in the world tearing them down, they should be able to come to the parents for support and encouragement. My final words are don't listen to negative comments people post about u or say to u in the street, only God can judge u. You took a step to improve your family and thats a lot more than what most people would do. Stick together because family is most important and all that we really have in this world. May God heal your home and bless u all.

May 7, 2007, 5:38 pm CDT

House Itervention part 2

This "family" if thats what they want to call themselves should be thrown out of the Dr Phil house.  They have no respect in getting help from Dr Phil and no respect for each other.  I feel the parents should divorce and move since she cannot get over the affairs he had.  They should also pay for there own flights back home,

May 7, 2007, 5:52 pm CDT

Just my humble thoughts

While I agree Gene is not the centre of this problem, I feel that he is the one that needs to be "Fixed" first. If he continues with the sincere belief that women are beneath him, any "Fixes" will be a moot point.

It's kinda like when your dog misbehaves. You take it to dog school to have it "Trained". In Gene's frame of mind, his wife needs "Training". It's not untill he understands that we are all equal that he can focus on them being a family as opposed to his family be "Fixed" to suit his needs, at the expense of everyone else.

Of course Myra has her swag of problems that defenitely need addressing, but Gene has to be focused on first.

May 7, 2007, 6:19 pm CDT

They ARE a Mess

In the very beginning, Dr.Phil said that this family is a mess.....and he's right.  They're not even worth watching on TV, and I doubt they'll be saved from themselves and/or each other (all of them).  It's hard to say which one is more screwed up.....even the kids aren't very realistic about their futures.   Those boys better starting thinking about getting an education, because they're sure not going to make it in Hollywood. 

May 7, 2007, 7:35 pm CDT

You were strong - now get help

Quote From: lesdis5

Hey Dr. Phil

Even though we have not seen part one here in Norway yet, I am guessing who is leaving the house, and that is - Gene.

He seems to me to be like my ex husband - a psycopath. Withour empaty and responsabillity.

I through my husband out in the end. Did not see any reason why I should stay married to that son of a b...! The problem was that  by then was 3 months pregnant. That matter also explain this man. He was thrilled with me being pregnant (had been married for 9 months by then) but all of a sudden it seems without any warning - because we had many lovely years also, but one day he said: either I abort the child or he would divorce me.

I said: I divorce you! This he did not like at all. To punish me he punished my daughter for 20 years by refusing to see her, saying he did not have time. To much tennis-playing! And so on.

When he realised he was dying he got in touch with her, telling her that it was ME who kept her away form him!

That huge lie may have done something to our relationship, because today my daughter is being very unempathetic to me.

I love your shows, dr. Phil, I only wish you would focus on people with the above mentioned "personal disturbance".

Yours sincerely, Sidsel Dahl

Dear Sidsel, You did the right thing in divorcing your husband. It is a shame that he lied to your daughter and alienated her from you. Why don't you and your daughter get some family therapy to work out whatever is between you? It would be such a waste if your ex-husband was allowed to destroy your relationship with her.

Vanessa

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last