Message Boards

Topic : 08/07 Torn Between Two Husbands

Number of Replies: 2191
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 04, 2007, 12:03:45 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/08/07) Is it possible to be in love with two men at the same time? Orlena is desperate for help. She says she still has feelings for her ex-husband, Chad, and she adores her current husband, Brent. Chad is a soldier and when duty called, he fought in Iraq. He returned home a changed man and their love shattered forever. What changed Chad, and what caused Orlena to leave him? Devastated and heartbroken, Orlena moved on and into the arms of Brent. Two months after marrying Brent, Chad called and begged Orlena to come back. Find out Brent's strong message for Chad. Since Chad made initial contact with Orlena, they have talked numerous times, and he even spent three days visiting her. What has she been saying to Chad, and are the chats appropriate for a married woman to have? And, will Orlena honor her commitment to Brent or return to the man who broke her heart? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 8, 2007, 7:25 am CDT

I feel for Brent

I would be happy to have a wonderful man like Brent. He is a heck of a man to take it as well as he has. My ex-husband would have surely beat my face in. His wife should leave him, I feel she has already emotionaly divorced Brent.

May 8, 2007, 7:25 am CDT

Leave Her

Brent should leave her.  It is very obvious that she wants Chad.
Just showing such disrespect towards her husband and her marriage says it
all to me. 

May 8, 2007, 7:26 am CDT

orleana, spoiled brat!!!!

I just can't believe what a spoiled brat she is.  So she left Chad because he went four wheeling?  Are you kidding me?  Did he verbally abuse her?  Hit her?  She was in the service, didn't she know when you go to war that there will be emotional scars for the person who is fighting?  Hell, I know that and I am just a civilian.  If I were Brent, I wouldn't want her as a wife.  Geez, what if she chooses Brent and he suddenly gets sick?  She obvoiously doesn't stand by her man.  Also, she seemed to like the attention she is getting.  I know she tried to cry on stage, however, I didn't see any tears and she stopped rather quickly.  She gives women a bad name.  I have been waiting for someone like Brent my whole life.  Now, if she chooses Chad, Brent will be changed forever.  And the next woman he tries to fall in love with won't get someone whole. It sucks that these spoiled, selfish women keep getting these great guys.  Let me just say this,  Brent, if you read this,  I am single, want to be a wife and mother.  I come from a great family, love to cook , bake, I feel like I'm the whole package.   Forget about the spoiled brat and get a real woman!!!!!!

May 8, 2007, 7:30 am CDT

Dumb girl has made her decision already!

Don't you see how she's acting?  She's trying to make out like it's BRENT'S fault she is leaving!  "He doesn't support me in this crisis."?  WTF?  You basically just announced you want to fool around with your ex!  What part of that is he supposed to be happy with?  Stupid, stupid girl! 

That Chad only sees her as property he lost to a competitor, and it is killing him that she chose somebody else and he is trying to con her back into his life.  He's a loser for NOT GETTING HELP when he had her, and she's a loser to even consider going back to him!  I say dump her, Brent.  You don't need ugly trash like that cluttering up your life anyway.  You look GOOD!  You're going to find somebody that DESERVES you, not Miss Lead Two Men Around by the Nose girl!  The way I see it as I watch the episode, she's already gone anyway.  She just came on the show to make you look bad so she can live guilt-free.  Find you a REAL woman to love, not this thoughtless clown!

And a personal note to Miss Orlena, the only people who look bad in all this are you and that dimwit Chad!  Call it like it is; you are an ADULTERER!  Don't sugar-coat it to soothe your poor widdle wounded feelings.

May 8, 2007, 7:31 am CDT

Let me ask you this

Quote From: lady007prieye

your married, you've made a decision, now stick to it

If it was your spouse who was in love with someone else would you be so willing to stay?  However unfair this may be to Brent , if she left now, he would grieve and then maybe he would be able to move on to a more heathly relationship. Sticking to a decision made in haste where everyone envolved is so miserable is just plain stupid.

May 8, 2007, 7:33 am CDT

A Reminder...

This message board is not a forum to debate politics or the war in Iraq. If you wish to debate these issues, please post on our News and Current Events message boards. Any posts which we feel are off topic will not be allowed on this particular message board.

Thanks

May 8, 2007, 7:34 am CDT

Torn between two husbands

I agree with the person who said she was a drama queen.  If the husband left, there would be another to take his place, besides the ex..  She would always have this drama.  She reminds me of a neighbor I had.   She doesn't have to worry about who she wants because she is now old and no one wants her.

May 8, 2007, 7:43 am CDT

sigh..

In my opinion, the men need to make the decision for her.  By her demeanor on the show, she seemed as if she didn't want to be sitting next to her husband.  The fact her husband stated he will stick it through with her, regardless of his own feelings, gives her the opportunity to do whatever she feels like she wants to do.  Both Chad and Brent need to step back alittle further, and make decisions for their own sakes.  Its a sad situation and everyone has their own ideas and opinions of how this woman is treating these men.  But, in reality, these men are letting her do it..  So, if they want to continue to be played back and forth, then thats on them. 

May 8, 2007, 7:43 am CDT

05/08 Torn Between Two Husbands

If I told my husband that I was in love with another man, he would say there's the door, and I wouldn't  blame him. 

May 8, 2007, 7:44 am CDT

Recover from deployment is a team effort

Quote From: army_wife24

I'm an Army Wife myself,  those deployments are hard to get through and they do come back changed! You have to realize that, before you get married. When you get married to a member of the armed forces, especially these days, you know that there will be a deployment. You have to take the time and patience it takes to get your loved one back into  a normal life. You'll never know what they've seen or been through. And I think she was just to weak and not willing to put any work into her marrige with Chad.
I am an AF wife and AF Reservist.  My husband will return from the Middle East (again) in a week.  Part of his return is helping him readjust to home, family, and life.  It is a part of being a military spouse and helping make that transition as smooth as possible.  It is also a transition for the family to adjust to having the military member home - routines get changed, expectation of the honeymoon type reunion are disappointing, someone new to take charge......  It is always difficult no matter how strong a marriage.  Orlena plays games and likes to be taken care of.  It was her time to take care of someone else and she ran.  She will do it again with every husband and relationship.  I was disappointed that Dr. Phil did not call her on that.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last