Message Boards

Topic : 05/10 Obsessive Love: Secrets Revealed

Number of Replies: 1311
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 04, 2007, 12:10:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil follows up with the complicated and twisted story of Jennifer and her husband, Jeffrey. He is so obsessed with his wife, he goes to extreme measures to spy on her and keep her under his control. After the last show, Jeffrey chose to seek help at Creative Care in California, while Jennifer headed home. See what private investigators found when they did a sweep of Jennifer's house upon her return. After being in rehab for two weeks and not complying with the rules, Jeffrey receives an ultimatum from the staff at Creative Care. When Jennifer learns the news, she breaks down and shares her thoughts in a video diary. Jeffrey gets re-motivated and stays in treatment, but does his obsessive jealousy end? Afraid for her safety and ready to end the marriage, Jennifer meets with an attorney to find out what rights she has. Then, Dr. Khaleghi, director of Creative Care, has a startling message for Jennifer and reveals why he doesn't believe Jeffrey is ready to see her. And, Jeffrey joins Dr. Phil onstage to share his progress. Is he giving 110 percent like he committed to in the last show or has he been up to his old tricks? Will Jeffrey decide to return to treatment, or give in to his anxieties and return home? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 5, 2007, 8:53 am CDT

Loon

This guy is a real LOON.  No doubt he needs help, but more than that she needs help.  First, to get her out of that situation and into a protective, secretive place for her and those children and then, psycological help to get her healing for the damage this LOONEY BIRD has done for the past 11 years.  Maybe from there she can pull it together and take steps to get out of this once and for all.  If she allows him anywhere near her and those kids, he is so desperate, I fear a murder/suicide situation on the horizon.  She needs  to run for cover .......NOW!!

Mistrojo

May 5, 2007, 9:40 am CDT

Run don't walk to the nearest exit

I believe this man has enough emotional problems that if/when Jennifer decides to leave him, he will not let her go. He is so obsessed with his 'so called love' that a restraining order won't  keep him away. I fear she might be in physical danger from him unless she moves far away and changes her name. I pray she gets out of this marriage before it is too late. This guy is on the Dr. Phil show hoping for a quick fix. I am sure he was elated when Dr. Phil asked his wife to hold off on filing for divorce, that is why he was there. I just hope 'he' didn't get the wrong impression if she does decide to leave, because she agreed to hold off on leaving him. I hope Jennifer takes her kids and runs as far away from this guy as possible.....life is so much better than what she is living in.

May 5, 2007, 11:45 am CDT

This guy is EXTREMELY dangerous!!!

Jennifer needs to get out of this relationship and  find a safe place to be, with Dr. Phil's help.  I agree with the person that says she should get a gun and know how to use it.  When she files for divorce from him, he will get even crazier.  He has shown he will not stop at anything.  I also fear for her life and the childrens.  Imagine what this has already done to these kids.

May 5, 2007, 11:48 am CDT

05/10 Obsessive Love: Secrets Revealed

Someone on the previous message boards said that it was going to take a magician, and not a therapist to change Jeffrey. Sorry, I don't know your name, but I do agree with that statement.

In the previews, Jeffrey was going to run just to try to beat his wife home. Dr. Phil should have been working with John Walsh and Dog the Bounty Hunter just to get this coward to stay in the van.  Jeffrey should be behind bars. I hope that he lands there. With the shows, and with what the investigators have found, there's more than enough evidence to nail a conviction.

JENNIFER, PLEASE LEAVE NOW! MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY IF YOU HAVE TO! DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET AWAY FROM JEFFREY! IT'S GOING TO GET WORSE.

May 5, 2007, 11:55 am CDT

05/10 Obsessive Love: Secrets Revealed

Quote From: backtoidaho

I can completely appreciate Jennifer's situation.  I too was married to an extremely controlling individual.  Unfortunately there was no Dr. Phil to help intervene.   Law enforcement, attorneys, and the court system were of little help and in fact only enabled the behavior.  I applaud Dr. Phil for trying to de-escalate this situation for the sake of the children.  In my case continued controlling behavior such as stalking, virtually "stealing" the children from my custody, and ultimately physical abuse escalated to a point of no return.  After eight long years of custody battles, the children are now divided between our two homes in two different states.  In our case everyone lost.  I wish Jennifer the best as she tries to rebuild her self-esteem and her life and the lives of her children.  You are lucky to have someone to come to your and your children's rescue.  You all deserve better and hopefully Jeffrey will honestly admit he has a problem and will make every effort to get better for the sake of his family.
There are avenues to help you. You can look beyond law enforcement. I would go fins a support group of abusive women in your area. They know what you have been through.

May 5, 2007, 12:28 pm CDT

Jennifer and Her Children Needs Protection

I had this feeling about him from the start. Now all the more reasons I think this should be done. She and her children need to be put into hiding. And in my opinion, I think he needs to go to jail.

May 5, 2007, 12:29 pm CDT

Obsessive Love show

I honestly don't think people "change" even though they say they want to and will take steps towards this goal.  Jennifer is only asking for more abuse if she stays with this maniac.  She should get out while she can and make a decent life for herself and her children.  I stayed in an unhappy (although not physically abusive) marriage "for the sake of the children."  When my son grew up, he was on drugs, overdosed and died. My daughter is troubled emotionally.  I should have gotten out and made a happy life for my children instead of harboring them in a bad environment that didn't change after the threat of divorce.  It only got worse.  If Jennifer goes back with her husband, I don't see how she can ever erase the scars of the past living hell she had with him, forgive,  and create a loving relationship.  I think she will end up dead and her children will be orphans if she trusts this monster, no matter if he undergoes therapy.  He is what he is.

May 5, 2007, 12:45 pm CDT

ARGH!!!

I don't think she will ever be rid of him.This guy needs to be in lockdown for life BEFORE he kills her.

May 5, 2007, 1:30 pm CDT

obsessive love

obsessive love? love??    this is not love of any kind. jeffrey needs to be where he can be forced to get help now or not to be able to be released in order to protect  (1) jennifer and children (2) himself .  she needs to move where she can be near her family for support and protection, jeffrey is a time bomb just waiting to explode! dr phil you must see she needs your help to do this, she needs a push in the direction for her sanity and health. i dont know how she has been able to live this way for so long. please separate them asap!    

May 5, 2007, 1:42 pm CDT

Get a grip

Jennifer's reason(s) for staying in the marriage are an absolute mystery to me.  Since she married him at such a young age, perhaps she does not have enough skills to enter the work force.  If that is the case, Jennifer needs to dig way down deep and do what is best for herself and her children.  Dump this guy, get any job she can while studying to get a degree and forge a future for herself and her children.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last