Message Boards

Topic : 05/10 Obsessive Love: Secrets Revealed

Number of Replies: 1311
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 04, 2007, 12:10:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil follows up with the complicated and twisted story of Jennifer and her husband, Jeffrey. He is so obsessed with his wife, he goes to extreme measures to spy on her and keep her under his control. After the last show, Jeffrey chose to seek help at Creative Care in California, while Jennifer headed home. See what private investigators found when they did a sweep of Jennifer's house upon her return. After being in rehab for two weeks and not complying with the rules, Jeffrey receives an ultimatum from the staff at Creative Care. When Jennifer learns the news, she breaks down and shares her thoughts in a video diary. Jeffrey gets re-motivated and stays in treatment, but does his obsessive jealousy end? Afraid for her safety and ready to end the marriage, Jennifer meets with an attorney to find out what rights she has. Then, Dr. Khaleghi, director of Creative Care, has a startling message for Jennifer and reveals why he doesn't believe Jeffrey is ready to see her. And, Jeffrey joins Dr. Phil onstage to share his progress. Is he giving 110 percent like he committed to in the last show or has he been up to his old tricks? Will Jeffrey decide to return to treatment, or give in to his anxieties and return home? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 4, 2007, 12:23 pm CDT

05/10 Obsessive Love: Secrets Revealed

Before everyone starts blaming Jennifer,  read the transcripts of the last show; he admitted that he started this the minute they gotten married! She was a newlywed, she was PREGNANT, & he has no trust for her? He was recording her phone calls RIGHT AFTER they got married! HIS CRAZY BEHAVIOR STARTED FROM THE BEGINNING! NOT AFTER SHE HAD AN AFFAIR! She had been living with his abuse for 2 years before she had an affair. Another BIG RED FLAG... she had NO ONE at the wedding! What 19 year old girl doesn't want her family & her friends at her wedding? He engineered it so that she had NO family or friends at her wedding! SHE DID NOT TRIGGER HIS OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR!

Simply put, Jeffrey knew from the beginning that no woman around his age would put up with his crap (back at 30), otherwise, he wouldn't be going after a nice, naive, young woman at 19. I have seen men like him. They control, manipulate, & dominate young women like her. A REAL man NEVER abuses a woman, whatever it's emotionally, or physically, & unfortunately, that's what's driven her to find another man to rescue her. All of the Jeffrey defenders need to wake up. You're basically defending a man for his actions. That is NO excuse for him to act like that. NONE. You either work out on the marriage, or get a divorce & move on, not become a controlling, dominating pig. I have no sympathy for this man at all.

May 4, 2007, 2:45 pm CDT

I knew it

We all knew that this Psycho couldnt handle it. What a loser. Poor Jennifer.

May 4, 2007, 4:01 pm CDT

Need Help!

Ok. This guy has some SERIOUS anxiety and stress issues. I think he is sick to do these things to his wife. He should get help. But what I don't understand is that Dr. Phil just points the finger of blam constantly at him. He completely over looks the fact that his wife has cheated twice (that he knows of). I could understand that it was a long time ago in their marriage and would overlook it and accept she has changed, but her MySpace totally changed my mind. She had suggestive photos, didn't have her husband on it, and had messages from guys with not-so-appropriate-for-someone-married photos. Why was this completely overlooked?

May 4, 2007, 4:20 pm CDT

So...?

Quote From: cheechoofan92

Ok. This guy has some SERIOUS anxiety and stress issues. I think he is sick to do these things to his wife. He should get help. But what I don't understand is that Dr. Phil just points the finger of blam constantly at him. He completely over looks the fact that his wife has cheated twice (that he knows of). I could understand that it was a long time ago in their marriage and would overlook it and accept she has changed, but her MySpace totally changed my mind. She had suggestive photos, didn't have her husband on it, and had messages from guys with not-so-appropriate-for-someone-married photos. Why was this completely overlooked?

Oooooooooooooooohhhhh look out, she flirted online. Big deal. Flirting is not cheating.

And plus Dr. Phil did not overly talk about her MySpace or the Affairs because he knew that this marriage couldnt be saved and talking about those things would have embolded and validated the psycho to new heights.

Suggestive photos? That is such a weak arguement, only 14 year olds or extremely insecure adults get mad over that kind of trite. Its the same as a man saying his wife cant wear skirts anymore cause she looks good to other men. INSANE!

For the record: I love it when men drool over my wife, and she loves it when women stare at me. We're a goodlooking pair, and very secure in each other. Its called trust. Do go into a relationship without it.

btw- do you read these posts? The cheating issue has already been covered. We established that he was a psycho before the affairs. For God's sake, she couldnt even have any guests at her wedding!

May 4, 2007, 4:22 pm CDT

What a loser!

I dont blame her for cheating.What a loser!

May 4, 2007, 5:10 pm CDT

O really!

Quote From: mimi23

I dont blame her for cheating.What a loser!
Well I will not say all that because I never heard how he was with her before she cheated on him. Was he nice? from what I seen on the 1st show he became this way due to her cheating. Now that's no excuse for his behavior.  I would leave him, but she is the reason he is like he is. She not only cheated but she kept trying to have affairs. The marriage is over. I do not believe it can be saved.

May 4, 2007, 5:14 pm CDT

Quote From: jamesfq

Oooooooooooooooohhhhh look out, she flirted online. Big deal. Flirting is not cheating.

And plus Dr. Phil did not overly talk about her MySpace or the Affairs because he knew that this marriage couldnt be saved and talking about those things would have embolded and validated the psycho to new heights.

Suggestive photos? That is such a weak arguement, only 14 year olds or extremely insecure adults get mad over that kind of trite. Its the same as a man saying his wife cant wear skirts anymore cause she looks good to other men. INSANE!

For the record: I love it when men drool over my wife, and she loves it when women stare at me. We're a goodlooking pair, and very secure in each other. Its called trust. Do go into a relationship without it.

btw- do you read these posts? The cheating issue has already been covered. We established that he was a psycho before the affairs. For God's sake, she couldnt even have any guests at her wedding!

You are right. He didn't want her family at the wedding. So he showed a disfunction from the start. I do believe id he had've brought up the affairs it would've mad the husband angry, but she needs to get out of it. Dealth is next

May 4, 2007, 5:17 pm CDT

Quote From: manofgoods

Before everyone starts blaming Jennifer,  read the transcripts of the last show; he admitted that he started this the minute they gotten married! She was a newlywed, she was PREGNANT, & he has no trust for her? He was recording her phone calls RIGHT AFTER they got married! HIS CRAZY BEHAVIOR STARTED FROM THE BEGINNING! NOT AFTER SHE HAD AN AFFAIR! She had been living with his abuse for 2 years before she had an affair. Another BIG RED FLAG... she had NO ONE at the wedding! What 19 year old girl doesn't want her family & her friends at her wedding? He engineered it so that she had NO family or friends at her wedding! SHE DID NOT TRIGGER HIS OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR!

Simply put, Jeffrey knew from the beginning that no woman around his age would put up with his crap (back at 30), otherwise, he wouldn't be going after a nice, naive, young woman at 19. I have seen men like him. They control, manipulate, & dominate young women like her. A REAL man NEVER abuses a woman, whatever it's emotionally, or physically, & unfortunately, that's what's driven her to find another man to rescue her. All of the Jeffrey defenders need to wake up. You're basically defending a man for his actions. That is NO excuse for him to act like that. NONE. You either work out on the marriage, or get a divorce & move on, not become a controlling, dominating pig. I have no sympathy for this man at all.
I have no sympathy for him neither. Remember when she said if she left him she would be scare that he would be park across the street looking at her? I believe he would do just that

May 4, 2007, 5:26 pm CDT

I was in an abusive marrage also. Your accussed of hateful hurtful things. I can understand why Jennifer would seek comfort elsewhere although I never made that choice Abusive men or women can drive you to the point where they do nothing but disquist you and take any feelings away you ever felt for them. Yes I left my abuser. My children and myself are much happier for doing so. I don't walk on eggshells and life is what "I" make it.  At the end of the show I was wondering why Dr Phil would suggest Jennifer hold off on the divorce. In essence I think he wants Jeffery to become mentally stable before she divorces him. Jeffery could quite possibly be the type of person that would "if he can't have her noone will". He comes off as a freak that I would walk but run from. Kudo's to you Dr Phil for offering her financial and emotional help for her and her children. I did seek a womens shelter in my area for my children and myself. I left while he was at work. You don't warn an abuser that you are leaving them. Life is good 10yrs later after my divorce. Hang in there Jennifer. My prayers are with you. One day you will wake up and be happy again, come home from work with out being afraid of what waits for you there.

May 4, 2007, 5:55 pm CDT

Quote From: alishia

Well I will not say all that because I never heard how he was with her before she cheated on him. Was he nice? from what I seen on the 1st show he became this way due to her cheating. Now that's no excuse for his behavior.  I would leave him, but she is the reason he is like he is. She not only cheated but she kept trying to have affairs. The marriage is over. I do not believe it can be saved.

Abusers are who they are before you enter into their lives. The emotional and verbal abuse can make you want to seek complitments, love, to just be held without judgement. I was in an abusive marrage. I did not cheat but it does not mean that I did not think about. If "if" the opportunity had presented itself I may have only becasue I wanted to be more to someone than a a 4 letter word. Sorry but the man was a freak from day one, not because of Jennifer. Thank god I did not believe I was the 4 letter words my X husband called me. And thank god our daughter is not in that situation growing up that we where in. I did not want my son growing up thinking that was what he was going to dish out to any future partner or my daughter think that was what she had to take.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last