Message Boards

Topic : 05/11 Obsessive Love: On the Run

Number of Replies: 2447
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 04, 2007, 12:13:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The incredible drama continues involving Jeffrey, an obsessive husband who won’t let go of his wife, Jennifer. After the last show, Jeffrey is on his way back to the treatment facility, when his anger gets the best of him, and he jumps out of the car and goes on the run. He finally calls his therapist from a taxi cab, but soon after is on the loose again. After four hours and a frenzy of phone calls with Dr. Phil show producers, see what Jeffrey demands. With the stress and pressure getting the best of her, Jennifer sits down with Dr. Phil to discuss their next step. In a hurried panic, Jennifer heads home and is shocked by what she finds when she walks in the front door. She takes her kids and flees to her mother’s house. Even though she’s in a safe place, why does she say she still lives in fear? Then, Jennifer’s attorney files papers and meets Jeffrey in front of a judge. Will Jeffrey be able to comply with the judge's orders? And, Jeffrey resumes talk with the Dr. Phil staff. What is he asking for? Jeffrey’s behavior continues to shock and mystify Jennifer and leaves her with only one choice. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 5, 2007, 1:00 pm CDT

05/11 Obsessive Love: On the Run

Jennifer needs to run like hell and never look back.

Jeffrey needs serious mental help.  He gave me the creeps just watching him on tv.  Who would want to go back to some sick, demented person like that?  Videotaping her and taking photos of her in the shower and tanning bed?  Hidden cameras, microphones, and GPS units?  Good lord.  He is mentally unstable and needs to be watched closely.  I worry about Jennifer......this guy could EASILY kill her, if he feels like she's going to leave (which she SHOULD do!).  He seems like one of those "If I can't have you....no one will" type people.  Scary.

May 5, 2007, 1:00 pm CDT

This man is off his rocker.  If she doen't get away from him, and go into hiding, he will kill her, then commit suicide. I'm surprised that Dr Phil hasn't  put her and her children under protective custody!  I am really scared for this abused woman!

May 5, 2007, 1:02 pm CDT

Quote From: alishia

This man is nuts! I saw the second part of the show when Doc phil sat down to speak with this nut he started having panic attacks. I believe he would hurt her, and she needs to get away from this man. Doc. Phil ask her to wait to see if he change going to treatment. Well in the process of her waiting I pray he does not hurt her. She said she wish he would just hit her to get it over with. I was like now she has lost it. This nut is so scare that he will do anything. I do not care how much he plea about his love for her. He needs to be in the hospital getting some kind of help. She needs to leave him. I don't believe he would ever trust her. Jennifer RUN! get away from this nut case before something happens. He does not deserve a chance. I'm so sorry you are going threw this

i completely agree with you.

Jennifer needs some kind of security for a little while.  That guy is going to hurt or kill her if he gets close enough.

May 5, 2007, 1:07 pm CDT

She should fear for her life

I'm looking forward to seeing the last two parts of this four part series. I knew when I saw it last week that this man was not going to change.  I think the wife needs to go in hiding.  This man is clearly obsessed with her. He is not going to let her get on with her life.  He is not going to be able to stand if she leaves him and finds a another man who will treat her with respect.  I think she should fear for her life. 

May 5, 2007, 1:28 pm CDT

Loaded Gun

Quote From: brookster

This man is off his rocker.  If she doen't get away from him, and go into hiding, he will kill her, then commit suicide. I'm surprised that Dr Phil hasn't  put her and her children under protective custody!  I am really scared for this abused woman!
Yeah, Agreed.  Dr. Phil, please don't play with this lady's life.  He is more dangerous than a loaded Gun.  She needs to be as far away from this man as possible.  And he needs to be institutionalized,

May 5, 2007, 1:56 pm CDT

Quote From: sockmonkey1

You're so right!    I noticed that the husband wouldn't/couldn't look directly at Dr. Phil.    He really is a little mentally over the top.

Good luck Jennifer and kids!    Yes, you can do it....with or without him.  

yeah i picked up on him acting like dr phil couldnt see through him if he kept his eyes shut, but when the original show ended with him goin to get help i honestly thought he was going to stick it out and let dr phil help him over come his problem, i may have missed the mark on this guy i think, you know i guess his problem is like a person with a drug problem, you have to wait till that person hits rock bottom till you can help them, i really am sad to see this guy blow off every thing dr phil was trying to do for him, not to menchion blowing off his family, and the really sad part to me is seeing he didnt feel like his child was worth the effort, god thats soooo sad, ill pray for the mom and her kids, i already know shesin good hands tho, dr phil made sure of that, i didnt miss the mark on him i know.  and to JENNIFER AND HER KIDS for what its worth im truley sorry that it seems to end like this, i havent seen the show yet so im waiting to be sure, i know dr phil kind of in a way, i have already seen him pull miricals off in the past, and with all my heart i was hopeing to see him do it again for you, of corse after all you been through i think it would be safe to say eather way dr phil has been able to help you its atrue blessing for you and your children, my prayers are with you, and if you ever are down and need to smile just log in on dr phil dot com and let some one know, their are a lot of really good people here who honestly care.

May 5, 2007, 2:19 pm CDT

You're mistaken when you say...

Quote From: dlynne14

DR. Phil,

I realize your job is to counsel couples to help them save their marriages, but come on!!  I think this is what drives me crazy about your show. 

Most of the people who come to your show are in marriages that are beyond saving.  You provide all this professional help so that you can drag it all out for ratings. I am not against the need for the help you offer, but really, offer it to the woman ( or man) to end the marriage not stay in the marriage.  I don't care if the divorce rate is what it is, most of these couples should never have married in the first place. Love does not conquer all, Love alone does not constitute a reason to stay in an unhealthy marriage.  What is your success rate anyway?  Out of all the married couples you have counseled over the years, how many have actually stayed married successfully??

This is a perfect example.   This guy, Jeffrey, is a lunatic!!!  Jennifer needs to get out and she should have gotten out years ago!!!  She has been beaten down so low, she is a poster child for abused women.  She may not have a bruise on her body, but the abuse she has dealt with is almost worse in some ways. 

I hope and pray that Jennifer will find her way out of this marriage and get the help she needs so that she sees that her love is worth so much more than what this man could ever afford.  She is worth more and it is time she show this to her children.  She is giving them the wrong message by staying in a marriage that is dead.  I hope this episode ends with Jennifer coming on your stage with the self esteem she needs to provide for herself and her children.  Only then will she attract a man that is worthy of her love.

"Most of the people who come to your show are in marriages that are beyond saving.  You provide all this professional help so that you can drag it all out for ratings."

If you've been watching the Dr. Phil show since the very beginning (and even when he was on Oprah), you would know his theory is that people need to exhaust EVERY avenue possible before getting out of a marriage. He says (clearly, just not in this set of episodes) that people need to "earn their way OUT" so they can have a very clear conscience that they did everything possible, and have no regrets later.

Do not get me wrong, I think Jennifer needs to get OUT OF THERE FAST! Faster than fast! And now Jennifer can say she TRIED EVERYTHING.

Now she needs a safe haven, and frankly I don't know that one exists. I hope I never read about her in a newspaper or hear of her tragic ending on a TV broadcast. She and the children are in danger.

May 5, 2007, 2:40 pm CDT

PLEASE Dr. Phil

Don't let this poor lady get hurt!!  I will pray for her and her children.  csmcathie

May 5, 2007, 2:47 pm CDT

I also agree.

Quote From: jenni35

i completely agree with you.

Jennifer needs some kind of security for a little while.  That guy is going to hurt or kill her if he gets close enough.

She needs a bodyguard.

May 5, 2007, 2:51 pm CDT

I wonder if they got the chance to diagnose him?

Quote From: momonshore

Having watched both episodes I honed in on 'body language' and the lack of this man being able to even look at Dr. Phil when responding but instead closed his eyes to speak.   He certainly seems to tell ALL about his weird behaviour and obsessiveness towards his wife but I can't believe he'll change in so little time.  He is in the true sense of the word a STALKER! Do "stalkers" ever get well?  I realize Dr. Phil gave him a chance for the sake of their children and that is what seems to be necessary because afterall, he is their father but I worry about their safety too.  We read about fathers killing their children .  This show has really sent a chill up my spine.    I was completely exhausted after watching both episodes and hoping that Jennifer takes the kids and GOES!    Please help her and their kids!  She's got to get out and fast.  But where can she hide?  It seems like such an endless journey with this nut lurking around every corner. 
At the treatment facility, were the drs.able to make a complete diagnosis? What do they say about Jeffrey's behavior? It looks like thier opionion would be of some help to Jennifer and the kids.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last