Message Boards

Topic : 05/11 Obsessive Love: On the Run

Number of Replies: 2447
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 04, 2007, 12:13:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The incredible drama continues involving Jeffrey, an obsessive husband who won’t let go of his wife, Jennifer. After the last show, Jeffrey is on his way back to the treatment facility, when his anger gets the best of him, and he jumps out of the car and goes on the run. He finally calls his therapist from a taxi cab, but soon after is on the loose again. After four hours and a frenzy of phone calls with Dr. Phil show producers, see what Jeffrey demands. With the stress and pressure getting the best of her, Jennifer sits down with Dr. Phil to discuss their next step. In a hurried panic, Jennifer heads home and is shocked by what she finds when she walks in the front door. She takes her kids and flees to her mother’s house. Even though she’s in a safe place, why does she say she still lives in fear? Then, Jennifer’s attorney files papers and meets Jeffrey in front of a judge. Will Jeffrey be able to comply with the judge's orders? And, Jeffrey resumes talk with the Dr. Phil staff. What is he asking for? Jeffrey’s behavior continues to shock and mystify Jennifer and leaves her with only one choice. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 5, 2007, 2:58 pm CDT

Unless this guy

is locked up which isn't going to happen unless he hurts her, she is going to be killed.  We just had 2 murders in the area where I live, both domestic violence.    These abusers never change, I know, I was married to one. 

I can't understand why Dr. Phil didn't tell her to leave him in the first show;  he wanted better TV ratings at the expense of this poor woman?  He doesn't seem like that kind of man.   I fail to see the logic in dragging this out.  Jennifer is clearly way beyond distressed and Jefferey is truly over the edge.  Who is taking care of those kids?

Jennifer doesn't have a chance unless she gets far away from him.  Someplace he cannnot find her.

May 5, 2007, 3:11 pm CDT

05/11 Obsessive Love: On the Run

that guy is sick get her away fast i think he will try to hurt her.

May 5, 2007, 3:14 pm CDT

hopefully Jeffrey gets locked up in a mental hospital too, to keep Jen safe

Quote From: jenni35

Jennifer needs to run like hell and never look back.

Jeffrey needs serious mental help.  He gave me the creeps just watching him on tv.  Who would want to go back to some sick, demented person like that?  Videotaping her and taking photos of her in the shower and tanning bed?  Hidden cameras, microphones, and GPS units?  Good lord.  He is mentally unstable and needs to be watched closely.  I worry about Jennifer......this guy could EASILY kill her, if he feels like she's going to leave (which she SHOULD do!).  He seems like one of those "If I can't have you....no one will" type people.  Scary.

I completely agree!  Within 30 minutes of watching the first episode, I thought there is no hope for this man, I could see the madness in his eyes.  Her life is in danger, that is for certain.

I hope there is some way this man can be court ordered into a mental hospital for a long....... time, he is an absolute psycopath!

GOOD LUCK JENNIFER!  HANG IN THERE (DIVORCE THE MENTAL CASE) AND DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO STAY SAFE!  GOOD CHOICE GOING TO DR. PHIL, NOW I HOPE YOU GET THE HELP YOU DESERVE!

May 5, 2007, 3:20 pm CDT

Jeffrey & Jennifer

I do not understand why women keep going back for more abuse!  There are the children she has to think of, and get away from him!  He's going to find a way to kill her, no matter how far she runs or how Dr. Phil offers to protect her.  Men like this are predictable - if they can't have someone they think they OWN, they don't want anybody else to have her either, nor do they want her to be happy on her own.  For gosh sakes Jennifer, find a way with Dr. Phil's help to get Jeffrey out of your life!

May 5, 2007, 3:37 pm CDT

obsessive love

this man jeffery is obviously crazy and needs to stay in treatm ent for a very long time but something tells me he wont and jennifer needs to take her kids and leave now he is just as bad as any abuser they always say they want to change and they never do...........................he wont change ................................. jennifer can start over like i did there are many shelters and lots of forms of help out there for her i know its a step down but its also a step up in the long run  jeffrey is nothing more than a low life peeping tom, video voyeur, and a telephone eaves dropper and i would have left him a long time ago

May 5, 2007, 4:29 pm CDT

obsessive Love: on the run

Quote From: jenni35

i completely agree with you.

Jennifer needs some kind of security for a little while.  That guy is going to hurt or kill her if he gets close enough.

She said she had a couple of affairs. I was wondering how he was before he found out she had affairs. He sure needs help, that's true, but if he was normal at first, maybe she pushed him over the edge by being unfaithful. If he acted this way from the beginning, she needs to get away with her children.

May 5, 2007, 4:36 pm CDT

Obsessive love

I have seen this behavior in a man and I want to say that he is DANGEROUS.  This lady's life is on the line.  This man will end up killing this woman and her children if he is not comitted to IN-PATIENT, LONG TERM therapy.   This may sound "out there" but I have seen it before.  This man is a walking time bomb and I think it is beyond Dr. Phil's ability to help him.

May 5, 2007, 4:39 pm CDT

it might soon be too late

This is the first time I have ever responded to a show.

Im so terrified that this sick man might kill her if she is not taken away somewhere.  He is a very sick puppy.  If he can not have her, Im terrified that he will make sure no one else will.  We see things like this on the news all the time.  I just pray and hope that she gets away before he gets a hold of her and even the kids, God forbid.

May 5, 2007, 4:47 pm CDT

Don't look Back

Jen you need to take the Children and get away from this Mad man,He is Dangerous,I don't believe there isn't anything this man wouldn't do,leave before its to late.

May 5, 2007, 4:58 pm CDT

sicko

I hope Jennifer is under 24 hour protective care, and will be relocated where this sicko can never find her or her kids.  I hope Jeffrey is in jail, and never sees the light of day. I hope I never have to read the headlines stating she has been murdered.......What a sad day.....

Donna....

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last