Message Boards

Topic : 05/11 Obsessive Love: On the Run

Number of Replies: 2447
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 04, 2007, 12:13:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The incredible drama continues involving Jeffrey, an obsessive husband who won’t let go of his wife, Jennifer. After the last show, Jeffrey is on his way back to the treatment facility, when his anger gets the best of him, and he jumps out of the car and goes on the run. He finally calls his therapist from a taxi cab, but soon after is on the loose again. After four hours and a frenzy of phone calls with Dr. Phil show producers, see what Jeffrey demands. With the stress and pressure getting the best of her, Jennifer sits down with Dr. Phil to discuss their next step. In a hurried panic, Jennifer heads home and is shocked by what she finds when she walks in the front door. She takes her kids and flees to her mother’s house. Even though she’s in a safe place, why does she say she still lives in fear? Then, Jennifer’s attorney files papers and meets Jeffrey in front of a judge. Will Jeffrey be able to comply with the judge's orders? And, Jeffrey resumes talk with the Dr. Phil staff. What is he asking for? Jeffrey’s behavior continues to shock and mystify Jennifer and leaves her with only one choice. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 5, 2007, 5:01 pm CDT

05/11 Obsessive Love: On the Run

I hope that with all that contacts that he has, Dr. Phil arranges for some type of security for this woman and her children, regardless of whether she decides to file for divorce or not.  I have lived a very similar life in my past marriage, and I know that I didn't file restraining orders and court motions because I actually felt bad for my ex-husband.  He knew when to turn on the tears and say the right words, and I always believed him, because I allowed  him to do such a good job at mind control with me.  It is VERY hard to break away from abusers, and Jennifer needs just as much help as her husband so that she can make the best decision for her (which is most likely divorce) and her children, and utilize the laws of her state in helping her achieve safety.  In the meantime, I am begging Dr. Phil and his staff to recognize (which I trust they have already) how dangerous this situation is and can continue to become, and provide some sort of safety for this family. 

May 5, 2007, 5:03 pm CDT

obsessive craziness

Dr. Phil: I love you and your show but Jeffery will not change. As I posted before, he is going to kill her. It has been proven over and over that sociopaths don't change. Jennifer needs to go under a protection program and move away with her children in order to live a normal life. First, divorce proceedings, second, out of state! I feel this one is not a case of your fixing it but helping her to relocate after proper papers are served. This man needs to be in a mental instituation.

May 5, 2007, 5:37 pm CDT

RUN DO NOT STOP FOR ANYBODY

RUN, THIS MAN IS GOING TO KILL YOU. IT IS SO OBVIOUS..WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM. HE NEEDS TO BE LOCKED UP. COME ON DR. PHIL SAVE THIS WOMAN AND HER KIDS.

YOU ARE HER LAST HOPE. GET HER THE LEGAL HELP SHE NEEDS. FORGET THE DAMN SHOW AND HELP HER !!!!!

May 5, 2007, 5:37 pm CDT

Obsessive Love on the run

I agree with Dr. Phil....I think Jennifer should atleast give Jeffrey the oppertunity to get the help that he needs.  If after that he doesn't change, then thats the point she needs to leave.  Everyone deserves a fighting chance, and I really believe he can change if he wants to.  I think they should try to save their marriage if they can.  I understand how bad it is now for Jennifer,  but I think they should atleast accept the help from Dr. Phil  and see what what happens after that.  If for some reason Jeffrey doesn't want to continue to get help for his problem, then definately Jennifer should move on and get herself and her children out of that situation.

May 5, 2007, 5:52 pm CDT

Obsessive Love:On the Run

Quote From: lovesbird

I completely agree!  Within 30 minutes of watching the first episode, I thought there is no hope for this man, I could see the madness in his eyes.  Her life is in danger, that is for certain.

I hope there is some way this man can be court ordered into a mental hospital for a long....... time, he is an absolute psycopath!

GOOD LUCK JENNIFER!  HANG IN THERE (DIVORCE THE MENTAL CASE) AND DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO STAY SAFE!  GOOD CHOICE GOING TO DR. PHIL, NOW I HOPE YOU GET THE HELP YOU DESERVE!

I agree  also. Take Dr. Phil's help and run like hell. Don't look back, too much has happened and it can't be fixed. Maybe if he gets some help and sticks to it he will be a OK ex-husband.

May 5, 2007, 6:59 pm CDT

obsessive love: on the run

i had an idea this jeffrey wouldn't be able to commit himself to the program he was sent to.he has a nerve to demand anything from your staff.and i still think he's a jerk.it's a good thing his wife is seeking a divorce.who needs a person like that around.she's going to need all the support she can get.

May 5, 2007, 7:34 pm CDT

05/11 Obsessive Love: On the Run

The lady needs police protection, other than, restrictive order.  We all know that's when a woman ismost vunerable and likely to be killed.  Having had a daughter in her situation, I feel I know alttle about yhings like this for it has been my goal to get to know as much as possible.  My daughter and graddaughter stayed wirh realatives for 2 mos., with no phone calls, no contact with us in fear her husband would find out.  I wish I was close enough to her totry and help her.  He is too far gone, Dr. Phil, and I know you know this yourself.  He can never be rehabilitated in my opinion.   Protecting the lady and her children is farmost in my mind.  My daughter made it ok but she and her daughter are scared for life.

Needra

in Louisiana

May 5, 2007, 8:24 pm CDT

Holy crap!

This guy needs to be locked up. He has lost his mind and needs some type of commitment some where. She and her children need protection set up, where he can't find them.

May 5, 2007, 8:34 pm CDT

Safe Environment? ..Not

This poor woman and her children need to get away...I fear for their safety.If anyone needs witness protection.....they do ! This man should not be able to cantact  them in any way.

I don't think he is sincere about wanting to change since he kept  his eyes closed the whole time Dr. Phil was talking to him. Please Dr. Phil make sure this woman and her children get to safety!!

May 5, 2007, 10:28 pm CDT

Get Jennifer and her kid out of there now

Jefferey is a time bomb looking for a place to explode and I'm really worried of what he's capable of doing when he does explode. The man his dangerously obsesse and he should be lock up for a while.. Contrairely to his own beliefs their is nothing normal  about the way he's acting. i sure hope that she will be all right, I mean the SOB scared me and I just saw him on tV.

I will keep Jennifer in my prayers because I really believe  that she's in mortal

Tecty

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last