Message Boards

Topic : 05/11 Obsessive Love: On the Run

Number of Replies: 2447
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 04, 2007, 12:13:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The incredible drama continues involving Jeffrey, an obsessive husband who won’t let go of his wife, Jennifer. After the last show, Jeffrey is on his way back to the treatment facility, when his anger gets the best of him, and he jumps out of the car and goes on the run. He finally calls his therapist from a taxi cab, but soon after is on the loose again. After four hours and a frenzy of phone calls with Dr. Phil show producers, see what Jeffrey demands. With the stress and pressure getting the best of her, Jennifer sits down with Dr. Phil to discuss their next step. In a hurried panic, Jennifer heads home and is shocked by what she finds when she walks in the front door. She takes her kids and flees to her mother’s house. Even though she’s in a safe place, why does she say she still lives in fear? Then, Jennifer’s attorney files papers and meets Jeffrey in front of a judge. Will Jeffrey be able to comply with the judge's orders? And, Jeffrey resumes talk with the Dr. Phil staff. What is he asking for? Jeffrey’s behavior continues to shock and mystify Jennifer and leaves her with only one choice. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 6, 2007, 1:32 am CDT

obsessive love

I wrote a reply when this show was aired but  I will go again.  THIS MAN IS DANGEROUS!!!  I understand why Dr. Phil chose to allow  the man to go to treatment- above all else was to try and de-escalate this problem and allow his wife to get to more protective grounds and take care of business.  but having  read what this man is capable of i fully believe he will harm his kids, his wife  and possibly take himself out with them.  Homicide/suicide type scenario.  it is the type love that reads in big red print if i can't have you- noone else will/ we will be together even in death.  that woman should run and change her name, ID, anything to get away from this maniac.   this man is a loaded gun.  if i could i would get in touch with his wife and offer sanctuary to her and her kids i would.  And i fear for anyone who might stand in his way- including and up to the producers/  staff and Dr.Phil.  this man needs to be in a lock down unit for his own safety as well as those of his family and community. 

May 6, 2007, 4:29 am CDT

Empty Promises

I believe there were empty promises on both sides during their meeting with Dr. Phil.  I believe she had NO intention whatsoever of staying with this man (rightfully so) while he went to get help, but promised to because she was put on the spot.  Same for Jeffrey.  He doesn't want help.  He likes his life the way it is.  I think he gets his kicks from the chaos he creates. 

I think this relationship was way too far gone long before this pair contacted Dr. Phil.  Jennifer needs to get as far away as possible and focus on helping her kids to grow and flourish, despite the rough life they've endured thus far.  THEY are more of victims than Jennifer.  They didn't have a choice to stay or leave.

May 6, 2007, 4:35 am CDT

Not in agreement

Quote From: hjacobs

I agree with Dr. Phil....I think Jennifer should atleast give Jeffrey the oppertunity to get the help that he needs.  If after that he doesn't change, then thats the point she needs to leave.  Everyone deserves a fighting chance, and I really believe he can change if he wants to.  I think they should try to save their marriage if they can.  I understand how bad it is now for Jennifer,  but I think they should atleast accept the help from Dr. Phil  and see what what happens after that.  If for some reason Jeffrey doesn't want to continue to get help for his problem, then definately Jennifer should move on and get herself and her children out of that situation.

I'm sorry but I do not agree.  I don't think either of them are serious about changing.  I feel that Jennifer is like a fence post.  Everytime Jeffrey said or did something wrong to her, it was like hammering a nail into the fencepost.  He may have apologized, but all that did was remove the nail and leave a hole.  She's an empty shell of a woman.  She needs to get away and rediscover who she is.

Jeffrey is an addict.  Addicted to his wife's whereabouts and goings-on.  He won't change any time soon because he's not open and willing.  You can clearly see it in his eyes.

May 6, 2007, 6:29 am CDT

he is crazy...

i understand this lady really need's help, but my thing is will the police really be there for her? i have heard so many stories about pfa's and how they have failed.  no one should be putting up with him, that is crazy,, but on the other hand i understand where she is coming from, the fear of the unknown.  i'm just glad dr. phil is involved, and maybe he can make some kind of order in her life and she can get away from all of the miss he has put her in.. it will be hard for her to move on with life without him because that is the only life she know's.. just get her away from the crazyness!!!   your in my thought's and prayer's..

May 6, 2007, 6:36 am CDT

Run, Jennifer, Run!!!!

Jennifer, you have every right to be frightened!!!!!!!!  Trust your instincts (as well as Dr. Phil) and do everything you can to distance  yourself and your children from this monster!!!!!!!  He sent chills down my spine when I saw him on the show and that doesn't happen very often.  He is evil.  I would like to see him locked away for a very, very long time.   You are in my prayers.

May 6, 2007, 6:42 am CDT

Obcessive Love:Secrets revealed

Dr. Phil,

Jeffery will never change, he will continue to try to manipluate the situation to his advantage. He will try to make Jennifer belive he is trying. but it will not be for her better, only his. She should seek legal advice and distance herself from him while she has the chance. She should also obtain a restraining order from her local District Attorney, as well as filing a police report for the stalking he has done. This certainly will not stop a predator like Jeffery, however it will give him warning that the law enforcement community will be aware of his deeds. Jennifer needs all of our prayers and support to get her through this, she also needs intensive counseling and continued support groups for her specific needs. Stop helping Jeffery, and focus on helping Jennifer. Jennifer has a chance, not Jeffery.

I gotta say it: He should have his testicles fried!

May 6, 2007, 7:12 am CDT

Is this for real???

I am a man in a happy marriage where both of us treat each other with love and respect. But when I saw the first two shows of this obsessive love (before treatment), I was in total shock that somebody would get so ridiculously controlling...and that someone (male or female) would stick around and put up with this much crap in a marriage!!!

I had little to no faith that he would change. Then seeing previews for the last two shows (after treatment), I see that he has gotten worse and seems "recharged" in his endeavor to control his wife. How many multiple murders/suicides does our society have to see before we decide to act to prevent another statistic??? I live in Canada, but our society is in the exact same situation with the exact same problems as the U.S.!!!

I can see why spouses buy guns and/or hire a hitman. I am by no means condoning this or recommending this type of behavior either. However, I personally don't believe that someone this sick and demented can can be cured or healed. Our laws nowadays seem to protect the criminal as much or more so than the victim...so where can someone like this wife go where she will never be bothered by him EVER again??? This guy needs to be locked up in chains forever!!!

May 6, 2007, 8:16 am CDT

Yikes!

Wow... When I first had heard the commercial on the first show... I was running to the TV to see if my ex husband was on it!!  I think it is sooo sad for someone to find themselves in this kind of marriage. I am grateful that (for Jennifer's sake) Jeffrey is not more physically abusive. However, the mental and verbal abuse is too much.... Any type and any amount of abuse is too much.

Dr. Phil, I think it is awesome that you tried to help this very sick man.... please do not listen to the people who say otherwise. I would have loved for my ex-husband to accept any type of help offered to him. 

I do praise Jennifer for toughing it out.... but I do think she does need to run... like crazy.... and seek full custody of the children. I also think visitation should be supervised by a court official... so that Jeffrey will not be allowed to say or do anything that hurts them (the children) emotionally or physically.

May 6, 2007, 8:58 am CDT

Obsessive Love

Quote From: cfaug53

I wrote a reply when this show was aired but  I will go again.  THIS MAN IS DANGEROUS!!!  I understand why Dr. Phil chose to allow  the man to go to treatment- above all else was to try and de-escalate this problem and allow his wife to get to more protective grounds and take care of business.  but having  read what this man is capable of i fully believe he will harm his kids, his wife  and possibly take himself out with them.  Homicide/suicide type scenario.  it is the type love that reads in big red print if i can't have you- noone else will/ we will be together even in death.  that woman should run and change her name, ID, anything to get away from this maniac.   this man is a loaded gun.  if i could i would get in touch with his wife and offer sanctuary to her and her kids i would.  And i fear for anyone who might stand in his way- including and up to the producers/  staff and Dr.Phil.  this man needs to be in a lock down unit for his own safety as well as those of his family and community. 

This is a very dangerous man. Possibility a fatal attraction in progress.  Jennifer needs a safe haven in the storm and get out of this situation.  Jeffery needs more help than a few weeks and may never be completely well.  I will bet if you could check he was selling the pictures on the internet.  Dr Phil  I have a lot of faith in you but even you cannot fix this one.........hnybee1942

May 6, 2007, 12:20 pm CDT

Obessive Love

Jennifer needs to get out now before its to late,,, Jeffrey is out of control and I think it's to late for him to get any help..... except INSTITUTION   FOR LIFE  like right now before he hurts someone else or himself.......... Jennifer needs to start a new life for her and the girls she does not deserve this.   Good Luck Jennifer I know Dr. Phil will do everything in his Power to help her .

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last