Message Boards

Topic : 05/11 Obsessive Love: On the Run

Number of Replies: 2447
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 04, 2007, 12:13:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The incredible drama continues involving Jeffrey, an obsessive husband who won’t let go of his wife, Jennifer. After the last show, Jeffrey is on his way back to the treatment facility, when his anger gets the best of him, and he jumps out of the car and goes on the run. He finally calls his therapist from a taxi cab, but soon after is on the loose again. After four hours and a frenzy of phone calls with Dr. Phil show producers, see what Jeffrey demands. With the stress and pressure getting the best of her, Jennifer sits down with Dr. Phil to discuss their next step. In a hurried panic, Jennifer heads home and is shocked by what she finds when she walks in the front door. She takes her kids and flees to her mother’s house. Even though she’s in a safe place, why does she say she still lives in fear? Then, Jennifer’s attorney files papers and meets Jeffrey in front of a judge. Will Jeffrey be able to comply with the judge's orders? And, Jeffrey resumes talk with the Dr. Phil staff. What is he asking for? Jeffrey’s behavior continues to shock and mystify Jennifer and leaves her with only one choice. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 4, 2007, 12:19 pm CDT

05/11 Obsessive Love: On the Run

Get that woman out of that marriage NOW! And get full custody of her children as well so that she wouldn't have to put up with his crap anymore! I just knew in my heart he hasn't changed. People like him make me so sick!

May 4, 2007, 4:41 pm CDT

Quote From: manofgoods

Get that woman out of that marriage NOW! And get full custody of her children as well so that she wouldn't have to put up with his crap anymore! I just knew in my heart he hasn't changed. People like him make me so sick!

You're so right!    I noticed that the husband wouldn't/couldn't look directly at Dr. Phil.    He really is a little mentally over the top.

Good luck Jennifer and kids!    Yes, you can do it....with or without him.  

May 5, 2007, 5:43 am CDT

Obsessive Love: On the Run

RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK. Whatever concerns you have about making it in the future should be a cakewalk compared to your present situation. The only problem is that people quite often will choose the same type of relationship again unfortunatly.   BE WELL

May 5, 2007, 6:50 am CDT

wow i cant beleive what i just read, i thought jeffery was going to follow this through to the end, getting help i mean, well i guess he did in a way just not the help he wanted, boy oh boy i bet rite about now hes wishin his letter was one that didnt make it to you dr phil, ill be watching i got to see how this ends up.

May 5, 2007, 7:04 am CDT

nuts!

This man is nuts! I saw the second part of the show when Doc phil sat down to speak with this nut he started having panic attacks. I believe he would hurt her, and she needs to get away from this man. Doc. Phil ask her to wait to see if he change going to treatment. Well in the process of her waiting I pray he does not hurt her. She said she wish he would just hit her to get it over with. I was like now she has lost it. This nut is so scare that he will do anything. I do not care how much he plea about his love for her. He needs to be in the hospital getting some kind of help. She needs to leave him. I don't believe he would ever trust her. Jennifer RUN! get away from this nut case before something happens. He does not deserve a chance. I'm so sorry you are going threw this

May 5, 2007, 7:41 am CDT

she's a loser

Quote From: manofgoods

Not that what he is doing is right. it's not, but she shouldn't of cheated on him in the first place. when she made the decision to sleep with someone else she should of left than. sounds like the foolishness didn't start til she had the affairs. she also needs to get real. it takes two to make it or break it.

May 5, 2007, 8:24 am CDT

Obsessive love: on the run

This man is not going to change any time soon.   It will best if Jennifer gets out and goes somewhere he will not look for her at all.   Her family can be in danger if she goes to them.  I know Dr. Phil has offered help, and I think that putting her far away from all and having a plan set up for her to contact family members without him finding out would be best for all at this point.   He is the kind of person that will turn very violent and I do not want this family to be hurt in any way.    The really sad part is that it is not Jennifer's or her childrens fault.   Until Dr. Phil can get this man stable, if that is possible at all, protection for the whole family is quite necessary.   Carrie

May 5, 2007, 8:55 am CDT

Obsessive Love

DR. Phil,

I realize your job is to counsel couples to help them save their marriages, but come on!!  I think this is what drives me crazy about your show. 

Most of the people who come to your show are in marriages that are beyond saving.  You provide all this professional help so that you can drag it all out for ratings. I am not against the need for the help you offer, but really, offer it to the woman ( or man) to end the marriage not stay in the marriage.  I don't care if the divorce rate is what it is, most of these couples should never have married in the first place. Love does not conquer all, Love alone does not constitute a reason to stay in an unhealthy marriage.  What is your success rate anyway?  Out of all the married couples you have counseled over the years, how many have actually stayed married successfully??

This is a perfect example.   This guy, Jeffrey, is a lunatic!!!  Jennifer needs to get out and she should have gotten out years ago!!!  She has been beaten down so low, she is a poster child for abused women.  She may not have a bruise on her body, but the abuse she has dealt with is almost worse in some ways. 

I hope and pray that Jennifer will find her way out of this marriage and get the help she needs so that she sees that her love is worth so much more than what this man could ever afford.  She is worth more and it is time she show this to her children.  She is giving them the wrong message by staying in a marriage that is dead.  I hope this episode ends with Jennifer coming on your stage with the self esteem she needs to provide for herself and her children.  Only then will she attract a man that is worthy of her love.

May 5, 2007, 9:52 am CDT

Chills up my spine.

Having watched both episodes I honed in on 'body language' and the lack of this man being able to even look at Dr. Phil when responding but instead closed his eyes to speak.   He certainly seems to tell ALL about his weird behaviour and obsessiveness towards his wife but I can't believe he'll change in so little time.  He is in the true sense of the word a STALKER! Do "stalkers" ever get well?  I realize Dr. Phil gave him a chance for the sake of their children and that is what seems to be necessary because afterall, he is their father but I worry about their safety too.  We read about fathers killing their children .  This show has really sent a chill up my spine.    I was completely exhausted after watching both episodes and hoping that Jennifer takes the kids and GOES!    Please help her and their kids!  She's got to get out and fast.  But where can she hide?  It seems like such an endless journey with this nut lurking around every corner. 

May 5, 2007, 12:21 pm CDT

Quote From: sockmonkey1

You're so right!    I noticed that the husband wouldn't/couldn't look directly at Dr. Phil.    He really is a little mentally over the top.

Good luck Jennifer and kids!    Yes, you can do it....with or without him.  

My 1st husband was just like that untill he killed himself but I was afraid everytime he took the kids after I left him because it didnt stop.He would take them and then follow me to see if I was with someone else It hurts to get hit and have some one watching you all the time. He would call me from his cell and say look out you bedroom widow and he would be standing ther and that was 12 year of hell .  She needs to get away far away.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last