Message Boards

Topic : *Dr. Phil Prime Time Special: Caged

Number of Replies: 252
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 11, 2007, 12:46:00 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Friday, May 18 at 8 p.m. (ET/PT) only on CBS

Dr. Phil goes inside the horrifying story of a 9-year-old boy who was allegedly held prisoner in his own home for three years. His father, Randall Piercy, is behind bars, charged with torturing his little son and locking him away from the rest of the world. Piercy says he’s a loving father, wrongly accused, but authorities found the boy in deplorable conditions: he was sitting on his bed in his underwear, his window was covered with paper, the light switch was taped over, and a soda bottle on the floor was filled with urine. Dr. Phil takes a firsthand look at the conditions the boy was living in, then sits down for a face-to-face interview with the alleged abuser and asks some hard questions. Piercy has two older sons, Josh and Jacob, who offer two widely divergent accounts of what went on in the family home. When the father and both sons are asked to take a lie detector test, who appears to be telling the truth, and who declines to submit to the test at all? Is justice served with Piercy behind bars, or is this a simple case of an overprotective father taking measures to protect his son? Share your thoughts here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 18, 2007, 6:29 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Caged Doctor Phil Prime Special Time.  A You kidding me? I would never seen that before. Matt

er of fact I willnot see it tonight bcause I go to bed at 08:00 P.M. Tonight. See you next week.------

I hope that Gracie will win on your show. (Monday May 21st, 2007 at 03:00 P.M. To 04:00 P.M.)---

Sincerley Your. Russell

May 18, 2007, 6:31 pm CDT

*Dr. Phil Prime Time Special: Caged

What the hell ?

I'm watching this right now and that so-called "Father " is right where he belongs.

Yes I had to put a hook and eye lock on my daughter's door, why ? Because she was a sleepwalker, the hook and eye were often pulled out, but NOT before we heard her, we witnessed her one night go right to the door in JANUARY and try to go out, obviously we didn't LET HER, but what if we had been sleeping and didn't hear her ?  But lock her in because she was "Difficult " NEVER.

Both of my sons are ADHD, talk about FUN, yes BOTH of them could be difficult, but lock them up and make them piss in a bottle, NEVER. No lights, no windows, and his family and wife DEFENDING him, OMG, what the hell is this world coming to ?

So the Police and everyone else are liers, I'm NOT saying that there aren't crooked cops out there, but I'm NOT sure why they would be singled out for special treatment, they don't seem to be able to pay people off  or anything.

No one wants to think that their child or own Parent could do something like this, and now Grandma is making this outrageous excuse about him being a trucker, I haven't known truckers that peed in bottles but whatever, OMG this is making me nauseous.

May 18, 2007, 6:36 pm CDT

I think this whole family is crazy and should be prosecuted for child abuse.  I understand that they wanted to keep the child safe, but why lock him in his room.  Why not put a lock on the front door.

May 18, 2007, 7:08 pm CDT

Innocent till proven guilty

Randy was trying to "handle" an ADH child on his own. Unfortunately there is really no help for such parents and children. Many think Randy is guilty of child abuse...but all "details" were not answered yet. The polygraph questions were incomplete and not specific. I have 2 grandchildren diagnosed with ADH and other diseases. I understand Randy and his dilema. He was trying to protect his son.

May 18, 2007, 7:09 pm CDT

Quote From: celestinoz

I think this whole family is crazy and should be prosecuted for child abuse.  I understand that they wanted to keep the child safe, but why lock him in his room.  Why not put a lock on the front door.

Have you ever been in contact with an ADH child?

May 18, 2007, 7:09 pm CDT

CAGED

What was the In Memory of Jacob Skeeter about at the end of the broadcast this evening?  Did one of the boys die?

May 18, 2007, 7:11 pm CDT

Quote From: carpe_diem

You didn't miss it. It airs on the 18th (primetime). This story broke, I believe, late 2006. From what I gather from various internet sites, his wife and at least one other unidentified "family member" claim that they were protecting the boy from "further molestation" at the hands of a "relative". This of course rings like a crock of sheep seeing that most people don't comprehend how protecting a boy from molestation equates to forcing him to pee in a bottle.
the brother was sitting there with an"earring" in his left ear...what this his "calling" card?

May 18, 2007, 7:16 pm CDT

What I want to know at this time is Dr Phil didn't ask Josh, the son who failed the lie detector test if he has children?  And if so, how does he treat his children?  Or better yet, how will he treat his future children if he doesn't have any right now?  I think that's the scary thing of this whole mess because he condoned what his father had done.  It sounds to me as if there will be another child abuser on the way in this family.      

May 18, 2007, 7:17 pm CDT

I can't believe what the son (that believed his father shouldn't be behind bars) said about it being okay to keep a child confined. I think he shouldn't ever be allowed to have children, marry a women (or man)  who has any, or be allowed to adopt. He thinks those actions are okay and there is nothing wrong with what his father did to the young kid. Chances are he's going to do it to his kids....

May 18, 2007, 7:18 pm CDT

Quote From: foxysag

It is difficult for me to understand how abusive parents can be so cruel to those that are totally dependant on them.  In Colorado, a seven year old boy was locked in a closet, telling people that Daddy Jon was going to hurt him.  When someone finally listened to his pleas, the boy weighed 30 pounds and died a short time later of starvation.  And, yet, we won't let same sex couples who would be loving parents adopt children because of unwarrented fears and simply say how awful it is when we hear something like this.  And where does Christianity come into play with these types of happenings?  They will shake their heads and move on!!
the last thing a child needs are same sex couples who would pollute their minds and probably raise them to be sexual objects of their counter parts

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last