Message Boards

Topic : *Dr. Phil Prime Time Special: Caged

Number of Replies: 252
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 11, 2007, 12:46:00 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Friday, May 18 at 8 p.m. (ET/PT) only on CBS

Dr. Phil goes inside the horrifying story of a 9-year-old boy who was allegedly held prisoner in his own home for three years. His father, Randall Piercy, is behind bars, charged with torturing his little son and locking him away from the rest of the world. Piercy says he’s a loving father, wrongly accused, but authorities found the boy in deplorable conditions: he was sitting on his bed in his underwear, his window was covered with paper, the light switch was taped over, and a soda bottle on the floor was filled with urine. Dr. Phil takes a firsthand look at the conditions the boy was living in, then sits down for a face-to-face interview with the alleged abuser and asks some hard questions. Piercy has two older sons, Josh and Jacob, who offer two widely divergent accounts of what went on in the family home. When the father and both sons are asked to take a lie detector test, who appears to be telling the truth, and who declines to submit to the test at all? Is justice served with Piercy behind bars, or is this a simple case of an overprotective father taking measures to protect his son? Share your thoughts here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 13, 2007, 10:26 am CDT

Child Abuse

It is difficult for me to understand how abusive parents can be so cruel to those that are totally dependant on them.  In Colorado, a seven year old boy was locked in a closet, telling people that Daddy Jon was going to hurt him.  When someone finally listened to his pleas, the boy weighed 30 pounds and died a short time later of starvation.  And, yet, we won't let same sex couples who would be loving parents adopt children because of unwarrented fears and simply say how awful it is when we hear something like this.  And where does Christianity come into play with these types of happenings?  They will shake their heads and move on!!

May 13, 2007, 12:38 pm CDT

Caged

Here in Reno area, we had something similar to the young boy being caged by his father.  Two young children, a boy and an older girl, were kept locked in a bathroom in the home of their grandmother, mother, and stepfather, for ten years.  They slept on the floor, had very little to eat and were never allowed to leave the small bathroom.  One day the girl managed to overtake her grandmother and get out, with her brother.  The girl was found wandering in the streets and the two were rescued.  The adults were convicted and sentenced to prison terms.  Justice was served.  The two children were put into foster care and are now doing very well.  It just amazes me that parents can do this to their own flesh and blood.   However, my own mother hated her children but that was due to the fact that my dad cheated on her and eventually left her with us to raise, on her own.  But as cruel as she was, she never locked us up or starved us. 

May 13, 2007, 3:38 pm CDT

*Dr. Phil Prime Time Special: Caged

First I hope the father and as well as the mother stay behind bars for child abuse. This man can not even think for once that he was doing the right thing for his child. No child belongs in a room day in and day out with out going outside, going to school and being able to socialize and have friends. This man and his wife are sick people and I pray to God that they will stay in jail for the rest of their lives. By staying in jail that is the way they treated their child. Let thim see what abuse is like.

May 13, 2007, 4:57 pm CDT

*Dr. Phil Prime Time Special: Caged

Quote From: lisastyd

First I hope the father and as well as the mother stay behind bars for child abuse. This man can not even think for once that he was doing the right thing for his child. No child belongs in a room day in and day out with out going outside, going to school and being able to socialize and have friends. This man and his wife are sick people and I pray to God that they will stay in jail for the rest of their lives. By staying in jail that is the way they treated their child. Let thim see what abuse is like.
my god this is imbelieveble god help u dr phil and i realy want u do ur possible dr phil to put this child in a better condition and i don't inderstand why did they that to an innocent child....any why im not suprised the problem in america that every one live alone there is no comunication between neibhour people this is why drive people to deprission and to do things like that ....im not here to juge any person but this should stop

May 13, 2007, 5:00 pm CDT

How?

I just don't understand how a parent can look at their child like a piece of trash. How they can have no regaurd for they say to them and in front of them. They can hit them like they'd hit someone in a bar fight. I'm a new mother, i have a 5 week old daughter and i hate leaving her in the morning to go to school. She's my world, my liffe, and I could never treat her like anything else. I'm anxious to see how this episode turns out. I hope the father is in the right, but that will be determined when we get there. If he's not then he deserves whatever he gets and more.

signed,

proud new mommy

May 13, 2007, 5:24 pm CDT

Unhealthy need for Power and Control

I hope you will be addressing the issue of a persons need for total and complete power over another's life in this upcoming show. We need to be able to combat this and stop abuse of the vulnerable.

This is a sickness that needs to be stopped at all cost! Am I right in thinking that the need for power and control of the victim is the main ingredient for most abusers?

This poor child will not know how to live and react in normal situations now. He is likely to be scarred so badly that a lifetime of therapy and adjustment will more than likely be needed.

I live in the area that Coralrose Eve Fullwood was kidnapped, molested and killed by a person that must have this same tendency within him.

Some very concerned people have been trying to help the mother of Coralrose, Ellen Beth Fullwood, in her quest to find justice for her daughter. I am so sickened by the way a few members of the community are treating her. The attacks on her and her family are so evil in nature. I can not understand why they insist on kicking her and the other family members while they are down. Recently, I have been noticing that they must have the same need for power and control that an abuser and the offender that did this to Coralrose must need.

These links are to the Mothers website and forums that she has started to try to help get these perverts found and in jail where they belong. She was active on a local newspapers’ forum but was attacked repeatedly and finally found a way to have her own discussion boards in order to be constructive and possibly be helpful somehow.

http://home.comcast.net/~coralrosemom/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

http://www.freepowerboards.com/coralrose/index.php

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/roseysangels/

May 13, 2007, 5:59 pm CDT

He's behind bars

As a parents of three children and as a human I can not understand how things like this happen. Our social services (in canada) are a joke. Parents who have a hard time and one incidence loose their children and people who should lose their chidlren get to keep them... All i can say it atleast he's behind bars and hopefully the child the gets the help he needs. i have heard so many stories of parents locking their children away from the world and getting a slap on the wrist, don't forget the foster parents who looked after children with developmental and physical disabilies...Did those "foster parents" really get what they deserved, did those children see "justice" served? It makes me sick to my stomach how people who are supose to protect our most velnerable and the ones who end up hurting them...

May 13, 2007, 6:21 pm CDT

Caged

This reminds me of a book named: A Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive.

May 13, 2007, 7:02 pm CDT

caged

maybe someone should put the father in a cage and let him live like a animal.theres to much child abuse going on in the world,and some time we as adults dont listen.or see til its to late.

May 13, 2007, 7:30 pm CDT

Caged

oh my I hope they never let him out of prison. I feel so bad for this boy and I can not believe he had no contact with the outside world. Where was the rest of the family in all of this? How can anyone let this happen for so long? I am just so disgusted about this...

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last