Message Boards

Topic : 08/14 Meddling Moms

Number of Replies: 500
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 11, 2007, 02:30:22 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/17/07) They track your every move and monitor your conversations. This sounds like the latest GPS locator, but they’re actually meddling moms! Audrey says her mother, Mary, is rude, manipulative and trying to destroy her marriage. She says Mary calls her up to 10 times a day, telling her how to raise her kids and how to handle her husband, Matt. Matt says his mother-in-law constantly criticizes him, calling him names like “fat” and “lazy,” and saying he’s not a good provider. Audrey says the situation is so bad, she’s thinking of moving away just to find some serenity. Mary wants to butt out of Audrey’s business but says her daughter keeps putting her in the middle. Will mother and daughter ever see eye to eye? Then, Debbie says she wants her 24-year-old daughter, Amy, to get a job and get out of her house. She says Amy is a lazy slob who sleeps all day while other people care for her four children. Debbie and her husband, Dave, say they’ve spent over $70,000 on Amy in the last two years and it’s time for her to support her own family. Amy says her mom is overbearing and always on her case – telling her when to go to bed and how to raise her children. Can Dave and Debbie restore peace in their marriage and home without damaging their relationship with Amy? Tell us what you think.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 17, 2007, 12:17 pm CDT

i have amy's male counterpart

Quote From: nixi333

Oh My God!!!!!

I want to be vicious with this girl but I'll try to be nice,

You are legally and adult. You are a Mother. When your kids are awake YOU ARE AWAKE! PERIOD. Grow up and take care of those kids or loose them. Those are the only choices you have left. period. If you wanted to go to bar hang out with friends or follow your so called dreams (which as far as we could see didn't go farther than being able to sleep till five p.m. without interruption) then you shouldn't have had kids! But you do so get off your butt and take care of them!

What a spoiled rotten bratt! Being a mom is an honer act like it!

Nixi

i have a grown son who reminds me a LOT of amy.  refusing to take responsibility, not making an effort to construct a life, blaming all his problems on others. his father and i currently have custody of his 5 yr old son, even tho he and the childs mother are living together across town.  we decided on the "tough love" approach, making them move out of our home, but it was extremely difficult to turn our backs on our grandson, who had no choice in parents.  so now we are parents to a child starting kindergarten again, in our mid-fifties.  we love him dearly, but this is not how i pictured our "golden years", and quite often i feel robbed of my own life.  i am confined to my home as there are places that women my age congregate, but do not want preschoolers underfoot.   i realize its for his good that we have taken this route, but i totally understand how amys mother must feel, being left to raise her four kids while she lays around doing absolutely nothing.  my heart goes out to her.

May 17, 2007, 12:18 pm CDT

This Mother Must be On Drugs

No one can be this crazy, cruel and out of it naturally.  So sad, I feel so bad for the sweet daughter.

May 17, 2007, 12:35 pm CDT

meddling mothers

Quote From: marychris5

No one can be this crazy, cruel and out of it naturally.  So sad, I feel so bad for the sweet daughter.
i know there are mothers out there that cruel because my mother is my mother degrades me puts me down and calls me a bad mother every time i turn around and about her telling about ur dad dont want u around well my mom did that to me my mom said my dad wanted nothing to do with me because he didnt love me and this and that well i just wish that girl luck i hope she dont have to take my action and tell her mother to get out of her life

May 17, 2007, 12:37 pm CDT

Amy wasn't created in a vacuum

I knew that had to be her stepfather, not her real one.  (I can't count the number of times the actual father is missing on any Dr. Phil show for that matter.)  Obviously she had a shaky childhood, with a guilty "I'll take care of it" mom.  It's really quite sad, because there are 4 tiny children in the world that should have been adopted imo.

May 17, 2007, 12:54 pm CDT

these are kids who have kids who were spoiled growing up

example: Amy and Debbie, Amy is a very spoiled brat who is the product of a mother that probably made excuses for everything she did all her life. This mother made the child a very irresponsible adult who should have the kids taken away from. Where is child services to take these kids from her if she is not taking care of the,

May 17, 2007, 1:03 pm CDT

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy Amy

It seems to me that Amy's Mother is taking care of her children while she is sleeping all day long. I understand that Amy has been through some stuff, but she needs to get up and not sleep all day long. She needs to go out and get a job, and grow up. I was shocked to see that she slept until 4:30PM. It's obvious that she needs help, and I hope that she will except the help she needs if not for her sake at least for the sake of her four precious children. It's obvious when she is confronted with hard questions like Dr. Phil asked she can' t take it and just throws a tantrum. This is chilish behavior. Amy desperately needs help and I pray that she takes the help that Dr. Phil is offering.

May 17, 2007, 1:04 pm CDT

Has Amy been tested for drugs???!

Because she sure acts like just about every drug addict mom I've ever met!!  Some are even better at coping than her!  She is either seriously depressed or addicted to something that she isn't getting and can't drag her ass out of bed because of it!!  I'm a mom of 3 and hey, I get sleepy too....but that much sleep just isn't normal. I have to go to bed by at least midnight or I'd never make it.  I guess since she doesn't have any responsibilities, she's out partying all night.  Anyway, about her problem:  it's either drugs or depression in my opinion.  Hopefully it's depression and she can get some meds and therapy and get over it!!  Those kids are paying for it right now.  It doesn't matter that Grandma's taking care of them.  They are being emotionally and physically neglected by their mother, and you can believe that they are going to remember THAT PART  anyway.  Kids aren't stupid.  Amy, quit being a spoiled little bitch and take care of your damn kids!!!!! 

May 17, 2007, 1:10 pm CDT

Amy Has to Grow Up

I would just like to say  QUIT HAVING BABIES AMY. YOU DONT TAKE CARE OF THE BABIES YOU HAVE.  ITS TIME YOU GOT OFF OF YOUR MOM'S BREAST AND STAND ON YOUR OWN 2 FEET AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES.  If she doesnt want to take care of her babies I know that there are people on this earth that would gladly give up their sleep to give those kids  the loving attention that they need.I  don't doubt that she loves her babies - but she sure as hell doesnt care enough to get out of bed (or off of the floor) to take care of them.  Sad sad sad . AMY -  DO EVERYONE A FAVOR - DONT HAVE ANY MORE BABIES and dont cry like a baby when your called out on your poor mothering behaviours.   Amy should be forever grateful to have such tolerante and loving parents. Of course her Mom should meddle - Amy needs her life to be meddled with in a positive way desperately.

May 17, 2007, 1:11 pm CDT

05/17 Meddling Moms

Amy- OMG, You have got to be kidding me??!! You said that you haven’t had a job since October 2002??!! That is absolutely ridiculous. You are 24 years old and a mother of 4 children. It’s time for you to grow the hell up, be a mother, stop being selfish and get a damn job! Those children need stability, support, love, attention, happiness, good health and a full time mother!! You need to step up and take control of the situation and start being a responsible human being. Being a mother can be incredibly difficult however those innocent children are depending on you and your strength to persevere. I do really think that you may have some depression issues as well as possibly a personality disorder that you may want to check into.  I do hope that you get the treatment and help you need to be healthy, stable, happy, financially secure and an amazing mother. I wish you the very best.

May 17, 2007, 1:14 pm CDT

05/17 Meddling Moms

Quote From: christym28

i know there are mothers out there that cruel because my mother is my mother degrades me puts me down and calls me a bad mother every time i turn around and about her telling about ur dad dont want u around well my mom did that to me my mom said my dad wanted nothing to do with me because he didnt love me and this and that well i just wish that girl luck i hope she dont have to take my action and tell her mother to get out of her life

I'm so sorry to hear that :(  It sounds like you know she's wrong (and she is) and I hope you know it in your heart as well.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last