Message Boards

Topic : Coping with Stress

Number of Replies: 324
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:52:50 am
Author : dataimport
Is stress ruining your life? Have you discovered great coping strategies or ways to reduce the anxiety of living? Don't be stressed, kick off your shoes and talk with others!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 13, 2005, 9:39 am CST

Greetings I'm Stressed!!!

I'm exteremly stressed with everything going on around me I have no money, no gifts to give and feel completely lost and don't know what to do or who to talk to I need as much support as I can get now please if anyone and I mean anyone can offer sugestions I'm all ear's thank you

December 15, 2005, 5:40 am CST

Lots of Sympathy

Quote From: rayne1

Okay, 

here goes. I have this gal at work who has made it her goal in life to get me in trouble for everything. lately she has been doing and saying very nasty things about me to upper management and getting me in trouble. Now when I am working  I work harder than ever and most of the time go home so exhausted. not only does this bother me but I work so much I barely live my life at home with my fiancee and my pets.  I love to cook but barely have the time. When I do have a few days off My boss will call me and grip me out over some unforeseen task i forgot to do the day before. This leaves me angry and full of hatred for my job. someone please help me as I am at my wits end here 

I have a Bully Boss right now, too.  

There's actually a board for Workplace Bullying, you'll find several people in similar circumstances. 

December 15, 2005, 12:44 pm CST

coping with stress

Quote From: helpless24

It will be okay , have you tried to look for another job? what are your quailifications maybe someone will see them and hire you and I know what your going thru I've been there my self only I 'm unable to work now due to disability stay positive and pray for a positive outlook
It is easier to get a job if you are working.  Take any job for now, Mickie D's anywhere.  You will feel better about yourself and you'll have more confidence when you go to apply elsewhere.  Employers like people who when things are down they get creative.  Go for anything, honest, anything!!!!!!!!!!!  Thrift store, fast food, waitress, jobcenters, all of these are starters, talk to people you know and see what they know about.  Look good and hold your head up high.  Always look to God and your church, there is counseling  and comfort there!

December 15, 2005, 12:48 pm CST

coping with stress

I'm exteremly stressed with everything going on around me I have no money, no gifts to give and feel completely lost and don't know what to do or who to talk to I need as much support as I can get now please if anyone and I mean anyone can offer sugestions I'm all ear's thank you
Ask God!  Go to your church.  There is comfort there and help when you need it.  Look for a Vineyard Christian Fellowship in your area.  They will get you the advice you need and quite possibly more.  Pray!  Get a partner to pray with you!  Expect good things to come your way.  Trust God to help.

December 15, 2005, 12:55 pm CST

Gifts

Hi, 

God is the best support you can get. Talk to him like you'd talk to your best friend, and your life will change. Ask Him to bless your day, and you'd be suprised at the good things that will happen.  Don't be hard on yourself, just do what you can do and don't let anyone judge you. Gifts are material things, and sometimes something as pleasant as a smile or hug can really leave a lasting gift. There is no one who is any better than you...keep standing tall and know you can improve your own life style using self confidence and positive behavior.  You can do anything if you want to bad enough. 

Katiebell 

December 15, 2005, 1:00 pm CST

Thanks to all

Thanks to all of the feedback it's wonderful and thank you for reminding me about God it's good to here he still cares and in response to getting a job I cannot and by cannot I mean I 'm disabled due to my illnesses and there are quite a few some I don't want to disclose now  but again thank you all for your support please keep in contact with me

December 15, 2005, 2:48 pm CST

I am here for you

I feel the same as you.  And all the answer are in God.  He will give you the strength.  Even when all else has failed.  Good will only give you so much you can handle.  Look at the times as a test.  I say I feel the same because I do.  I just got married to the love of my life a month ago.  He joined the army in May.  In October I dropped him back off at the base for a couple more weeks of school.  He would graduate and then he would be permanent party in the army.  Well I talk to him one after noon and he has a minor cold.  The next day he calls and says he is going to the Hospital.  Well to be short they check him in and the next day I go to stay with him...thinking it is nothing.  Then they put him in ICU  with all these pumps and decide to move him to a bigger hospital.  Well the doctors had no idea what it is... they end of having to put him on a life support for his breathing for almost a week...It took him another week to recover.  I really don't want to get into too much detail to worry you with my problems to, but then and there everyday he was in the hospital I prayed.  I prayed in the elevator, by his bed, I knew that I never wanted to take life for granted.  Well, he got better and went back to base and they kept putting off his graduation date... this whole time I haven't been working because I have been waiting until we move.  I feel  so bad and depressed because I too have no money to buy gifts and it seems like it is one thing after another.  I got a ticket on the way to see him...$300 for a lawyer.  So I am about moneyed out.  On Christmas I like seeing my family open gifts.  I get so excited about what I buy them that the anticipation kills me... but this year with all that has been going on  I have not that much to give.  But I am just going to try to spend as much time with my family as I can.  And I tell you what... this has made me appreciate Christmas and why we really have it.  I know that this might have bored you, if it did I am sorry.  I just wanted you to know that some one else is out there that feels the same.  The only way to go when you get down is up!

December 16, 2005, 4:19 am CST

Stress and depression

Im a 34 year old  Mother. Originally I grew up in Columbus Ohio. I grew up in a some what abusive home where nothing we ever did was good enough for the parents. Mom had an explosive violent temper and my dad molested 2 of my sisters. Things got worse when I got to high school where I was the kid everyone picked on called me names. This is where thoughts of sucide started to come into play. I finally got sent to live with my oldest sister. I thought Things would change for the better being in a new school and having new friends but then I learned my parents were getting a divorce. For years i felt it was my fault. During my last yr of school my sister and brother in law decided to move out of state and my only choices were to move back home with either mom or dad and neither of them would have been good for me so i moved in with my boyfriend and finished high school.  Shortly after graduation we got married and I had my first child one yr later. Realize now that we only married because it had always been a dream of mine to be married with kids and with all the bad things going on I thought this would be the start of something new and good. After having my 2nd child I started to realized the severity of my oldest sons health problems.  Depression and stress really started to kick in and I have been battling it and my weight since I turned to food for emotional support. My then husband started spending time with the neighbor lady talking to her and would leave me at home with the kids... when I cried or got upset he just ignored me. Was like talking to a wall. He began degrading me and putting me down about my weight knowing how i felt about my self. I have lost all self confidence and self esteem. I filed for divorce and after losing the house I moved to Middletown to be with a boyfriend who later became abusive too. I left him and got an apartment of my own. I have been struggling since to make it. Here I am first time out on my own taking care of 2 kids one that is mentally handicapped. For the longest time I cried for help because I couldnt get a real job making decent money because no one wanted to watch my handicapped son. In December of 04 I made a very tough choice and put my son into a group home near me for kids with special needs. Im currently attending college for Medical assisting. Im still finding it difficult  and stressful to make ends meet. I have a boyfriend who now livews with me and works but since he moved in with me they raised my rent... I feel we will never get ahead.. My only dream is to have a decent house to fit the needs of me and my son and my fiance. 

December 16, 2005, 4:54 am CST

Reconsider your life

If your feeling stressed and tired I would reconsider my choise of career and life. Is life really worth risking your health for being stressed? people forget that life is short and when you look back at life you will only regret all your hard work. That's my opinion. Live well....

December 16, 2005, 5:23 pm CST

Stress

I have lived with stress for so long now I am sincerely convinced that if my life became simple and  with less stress I perhaps would fade and give up the every day struggles so I just keep on keeping on and do my best with what I am given and deal as best I can but I must say that even reading Dr. Phil without support it is very difficult to spend time on myself and that is where the problem begins Just wishing all the best for all the rest like myself who feel alone and unknown and with no easy simple solutions at hand Given my best and dealing with the rest as best I can with very little and very few seems all I can do and yet never will I give up and do my best each and every day to conquer and overcome the pain and strain on my broken spirit God Bless All! 

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last