Message Boards

Topic : Self Image

Number of Replies: 1173
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:53:12 am
Author : dataimport
Do you have a positive or negative self image? Share your struggles and tips with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 28, 2005, 11:29 am CDT

Self Image

Quote From: ritehere

My sentiments exactly.
you know you have posted to me i think before and i have seen you post and i just want to say i like you!!

July 28, 2005, 12:16 pm CDT

thank you,

Quote From: hisjewel

you know you have posted to me i think before and i have seen you post and i just want to say i like you!!
You seem like a very nice but confused person. Please don't stop your counseling. If you can't keep seeing the same one that you see now when you go off to college, talk to somebody on campus about counselors there. Nothing is more important than your health and state of mind. You cannot become an effective counselor for others until you operate from a sound base yourself.
And a word to the wise, be careful what you devulge, even on these boards. Not everybody out there has your best interests at heart, and people can write whatever they feel like, true or not. I'm not pointing any fingers or making any judgements, but better safe than sorry. Take care, and go with God.

July 28, 2005, 12:25 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: ritehere

You seem like a very nice but confused person. Please don't stop your counseling. If you can't keep seeing the same one that you see now when you go off to college, talk to somebody on campus about counselors there. Nothing is more important than your health and state of mind. You cannot become an effective counselor for others until you operate from a sound base yourself.
And a word to the wise, be careful what you devulge, even on these boards. Not everybody out there has your best interests at heart, and people can write whatever they feel like, true or not. I'm not pointing any fingers or making any judgements, but better safe than sorry. Take care, and go with God.
ooooo yes i will be careful......  I wouldn't become a counselor to counsel others until i know that i have came to really take care of me and well like me..........  i do believe that i will get over this i just need to learn to at all times battle with my spirit against my flesh and to not keep letting my (mind)flesh battle my flesh.......  that is something God has shown me that i have done that i haven't been using so much the strength of my spirit as i have what i know in my head....... does tha make sense..... yeah i will wathc out and i don't take everyone for everything they say.. thanks

July 28, 2005, 12:35 pm CDT

ritahere

ooooo yeah the confused part yeah my emotions are so confused........  but i guess when you have not payed attention to your emotions for so long and suddenly you can't help but pay them some attention at times well it is kind of confusing cause you don't know you really understand what you are feeling

July 28, 2005, 2:04 pm CDT

What language would that be?

sure i will still talk to you but i am kind of confused right now......  one thing i would like to ask is that you please try not to use the language you keep using.. please and thanks
Please respond?  Thank you...

July 28, 2005, 2:05 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: labelfree

Please respond?  Thank you...
well you would post curse words well you didn't totally spell it out but close enough

July 28, 2005, 2:06 pm CDT

By The way

I think my self image is improving greatly!

July 28, 2005, 2:07 pm CDT

Self Image

I think my self image is improving greatly!
good i am glad you feelt hat way

July 28, 2005, 3:04 pm CDT

Well..

well you would post curse words well you didn't totally spell it out but close enough
I would not totally spell them out CORRECT because I am trying NOT to curse.  That is offensive to you?

July 28, 2005, 3:11 pm CDT

Self Image

I would not totally spell them out CORRECT because I am trying NOT to curse.  That is offensive to you?
well in doing that you thought those words in your head to well yeah anyway........  does it offend me well not the fact that you said the curse words (though i do not use them) but the attitude you take in using them and somethings like that...........  you can try to stop cursing but puting it up and making little symbols for words doesn't well yeah there are other things you can do like find other words to say..... sorry if this upsets you but if you want to stop cursing well you still were.......  i mean it is confusing for a lot of people when you are praying and talkling about God one minute and then the next you are cursing and talking to others the way you seem to do sometimes...........  this may be your way of comunicating but as you see it really has bothered a lot of people maybe you don't see where anyone should take offence but i just watched for a while and well me standing on the outside of it all you just seem so angry.......  why so angry?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last