Message Boards

Topic : Self Image

Number of Replies: 1173
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:53:12 am
Author : dataimport
Do you have a positive or negative self image? Share your struggles and tips with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 28, 2005, 3:23 pm CDT

I appreciate you...

Quote From: hisjewel

well in doing that you thought those words in your head to well yeah anyway........  does it offend me well not the fact that you said the curse words (though i do not use them) but the attitude you take in using them and somethings like that...........  you can try to stop cursing but puting it up and making little symbols for words doesn't well yeah there are other things you can do like find other words to say..... sorry if this upsets you but if you want to stop cursing well you still were.......  i mean it is confusing for a lot of people when you are praying and talkling about God one minute and then the next you are cursing and talking to others the way you seem to do sometimes...........  this may be your way of comunicating but as you see it really has bothered a lot of people maybe you don't see where anyone should take offence but i just watched for a while and well me standing on the outside of it all you just seem so angry.......  why so angry?

Thank you for taking the time and telling me all that!  You see where I live it actually is the "norm"  I will be more aware of that and LEARN from you today!  In NJ people although we may be very kind hearted may come off cruel or harsh or angry EVEN when we are not..

So Thank you  you really did teach me something this evening and I greatly appreciate it!

July 28, 2005, 3:26 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: labelfree

Thank you for taking the time and telling me all that!  You see where I live it actually is the "norm"  I will be more aware of that and LEARN from you today!  In NJ people although we may be very kind hearted may come off cruel or harsh or angry EVEN when we are not..

So Thank you  you really did teach me something this evening and I greatly appreciate it!

yeah i know there are even places where words like that are apporpreate they aren't really looked at as cursewords........  your very welcome.......  i was hoping you wouldn't be upset........  but you are right different places do come across different and waht is normal and fine for one may not be for the other and that is something a lot of people are not aware of

your welcome

July 28, 2005, 3:27 pm CDT

Self Image

were having a bad storm i'll be back

July 28, 2005, 4:45 pm CDT

Self Image

i'm here now

July 28, 2005, 8:43 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: hisjewel

a lot of times we dwell on our weight but there is something much deeper inside often something that we don't want to see......  it could be one of manythings..........  i mean if we totally like ourselve for who we are then we wouldn't be llike look at this chub we would be like you know i think a healthy thing for my body would be to loose weight .........  which says to you i like who i am and if i lost some weight i would be a little more healty.........  you know what i am saying?  I think a lot of people can be so hard on themselves and i am one of them........  most of the things we do or think negatively have  a reason and like i said usually something we don't want to face but sometimes something that we can't seem to get away form like the words someone said or something they did....... am i babbling LOL!!!

that is a beautiful picture!!!!

You're right.  There are many times when I don't like myself.  I have to learn to LOVE myself and then I won't have a hard time with the weight.  I heard a minister today speak about what information we choose to act on.  He made some profound points. In the end we have to choose who and what we will listen to because it shapes our futures.  I have to stop playing the same negative messages in my mind and replace them with positive ones. 

July 28, 2005, 8:50 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: acts431

You're right.  There are many times when I don't like myself.  I have to learn to LOVE myself and then I won't have a hard time with the weight.  I heard a minister today speak about what information we choose to act on.  He made some profound points. In the end we have to choose who and what we will listen to because it shapes our futures.  I have to stop playing the same negative messages in my mind and replace them with positive ones. 
i think that is something a lot of us could work on and one day we will do it!!! 

July 29, 2005, 3:02 am CDT

wow...

Quote From: acts431

Very Profound...

July 29, 2005, 3:26 am CDT

profound?

Rather deep don't you think? Sure, it's positive to change our thought processes to like who we are and accept our good points and flaws, but isn't it also negative to overanalyse? Just a thought.

July 29, 2005, 5:34 am CDT

Hello...

Quote From: freebird

Rather deep don't you think? Sure, it's positive to change our thought processes to like who we are and accept our good points and flaws, but isn't it also negative to overanalyse? Just a thought.
Very nice to meet you.  Sometimes,  some people just walk around in there daily life and never give much thought to anything.  Is that not a sad thing?  A mundane linear existence?  I say I would rather sit,  think,  and change and grow  than to be stagnant or plain.

July 29, 2005, 6:19 am CDT

Absolutely

Hi! Yes you're right. That is a very sad thing. I believe that to appreciate and wonder are the greatest gifts of the mind. However I often wonder myself if it is possible to delve too deeply into trying to find the "right" answer.  I'm an over-analyser myself. I tend to be the kind I was thinking of in my earlier message. It was an open question/thought, not a judgement. It's a neverending cycle to get stuck in. In the end you just end up feeling badly of yourself because you never see clearly. Everybody seems to have an opinion of how we are supposed to be. So many different ways we are supposed to think/look/feel/believe.

Having had to change myself to the extreme, I'm still looking for the good things I used to see in myself. Its a hard road. I'm my own harshest critic.  But by listening and watching, I'm learning. That's the key to life isn't it? Grow a little each day?

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last