Message Boards

Topic : Self Image

Number of Replies: 1173
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:53:12 am
Author : dataimport
Do you have a positive or negative self image? Share your struggles and tips with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 7:16 pm CDT

Thanks for being a friend and it is great to meet a Sister!!!

Quote From: labelfree

like your abuseing yourself...Your temple but do you even know why? That is the miliion dollar quesation really! Why do you hate what GOD so LOVES..? Are you just starting these behavior's or have they been going on for years? Or ahs it built up to this?

By all means I am NOT a doctor at all just your friend...

truly...

Just your sister on the road of life....

Why do you think you are truly hurting you? Let me ask you in another way....If I was doing the same thing to me under the same exact conditions why would I be doing it to myself?m Please help me?

I get so angry because i know that I am abusing the temple that God blessed me with.....  I have been doing these over the years but they just have grown and grown.......  Like for the longest time I just hit or bit myself.....  then about hmmm sometime just over a year ago i started to burn and dig.........  Before any of the self harm came the eating disorder.......  I this self harm when i am frustrated, angry, ignoring hurt or whatever like i just don't want to feel.......  wheni have anxiety attacks, to calm down, for sooooooo many reason........  like when there is a part in me that wants to cry but i say no........  sometimes i really don't know why i do it.........  even the other day food of the day (errrrggg i didn't want to eat) was a healthy choice meal (i kept it but i walked 2 miles which really wasn't enough)........  anyway i was getting up and some how knocked the thing over and it had just a little bit left in it so i went to the bathroom and started just digging and digging.....  like a punishment or something it seems like when i look back at it...  ahhhhhhhh I am sooo cofused and feel so alone!!!  Well, once again when i say that I do want to say i know that God is here with me but that doesn't keep me from feeling so alone..........  i just wish i could disappear right now...  but i know tha tisn't really what i want even though that is how i feel does that make since......  nothing i ever do seems good enough for me it can always be better and actually it gets quite frustrating.....  Even not to long ago i was upset with God because He loves me so much and because He has a purpose for me so i told Him all about it i just let Him know how i felt.........  i felt bad doing it but i think God can handle us telling him how we feel.......  if someone else was doing this i would want them to know there are other ways to cry and it is good to feel things.....  i would probley say other things but yeah.......  i would tell them it is ok to mess up and not to feel quilt or shame for what they do it will only make it worse..........  don't let anger and anger well yeah i don't know......  i just want to go somewhere and hide!!!!  I just want to curl up somewhere and cry!!!

July 25, 2005, 8:03 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: shelly2003

Sometimes I have a bad self image and sometimes I have a good self image it depends on what type of day I had

Hello everyone!!  I'm new to the group and look forward to getting to you you all. 

I'm in the same boat.  Some days I have confidence and other days I don't.  Over the past few years I've gained about 42 pounds due to a medical condition.  I think that has a lot to do with my self image.  I was always thin and now I'm not.  I keep hearing Dr. Phil say that self image and body image aren't the same thing.  I hear it in my mind.  But tell it to my heart.  I didn't realize until recently how much my body image meant to me.  In a way it's postive because it's causing me to see myself in a new light.  I realize I'm the same person I always was.  But my body is different.  It doesn't seem like my body.  It's an adjustment.  Is anyone else in a similar situation?     

July 25, 2005, 8:22 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: acts431

Hello everyone!! I'm new to the group and look forward to getting to you you all.

I'm in the same boat. Some days I have confidence and other days I don't. Over the past few years I've gained about 42 pounds due to a medical condition. I think that has a lot to do with my self image. I was always thin and now I'm not. I keep hearing Dr. Phil say that self image and body image aren't the same thing. I hear it in my mind. But tell it to my heart. I didn't realize until recently how much my body image meant to me. In a way it's postive because it's causing meto see myself in a new light. I realize I'm the same personI always was. But my body is different. It doesn't seem like my body. It's an adjustment. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

That is so great that you are getting where you can seperate the two things and not let them keep getting together and messing with your head LOL!!!  that's just what happens they just must get together and have a ball trying to mess it all up for us and how we see ourselves hehe i am trying to think of it antimated LOL!!  I don't know why i do that sometimes but i do LOL!!!  No matter what i feel like it just happens and then if i am really sad it makes me smile cause i get kind of tickled with myself.........  i don't like what i see when i look at me but well i can't seem to really like me the other way either........... 

July 26, 2005, 4:31 am CDT

Hey.....

Sometimes kid....You gotta take it one minute at a time.....

All these little tricks the digging the biting the whatever there coping skills.

For a more so much for bigger picture....

As I said I am NOT a doctor...

Invisible????

Yeah me 56 days ago...I was contiplaimplanting killing myself or becoming magnificent  I quit my last coping skill smoking the "devil cancer sticks"  Newport 100's  What a sleek cool image that was   NOT...  Well at least I think it was 56 days ago  My quit day was June 1,05  I cant keep up now because today I don't even wear the patch anymore I turned my last addiction over to my Heavenly Father..

PLEASE TODAY GO OUT TO THE BOOK STORE AND BUY DR. Phil's LIFE STRAGIE BOOK it saved my A@@!  I want you to go to college as prepared as you can......Walk into adulthood armed with as much information as possible.

Leave the dysfunction of your youth behind you.  You will see in those 304 pages how frickin great YOU  are and why it is you do what you do and how to stop all this behavior  TRULY!  hey I did so can you!  GO today....

If I lived close to you I would take you but I don't...If you don't have the money go to the library....There really is no excuse for stopping your greatness to come...

July 26, 2005, 7:58 am CDT

Self Image

Sometimes kid....You gotta take it one minute at a time.....

All these little tricks the digging the biting the whatever there coping skills.

For a more so much for bigger picture....

As I said I am NOT a doctor...

Invisible????

Yeah me 56 days ago...I was contiplaimplanting killing myself or becoming magnificent I quit my last coping skill smoking the "devil cancer sticks" Newport 100's What a sleek cool image that was NOT... Well at least I think it was 56 days ago My quit day was June 1,05 I cant keep up now because today I don't even wear the patch anymore I turned my last addiction over to my Heavenly Father..

PLEASE TODAY GO OUT TO THE BOOK STORE AND BUY DR. Phil's LIFE STRAGIE BOOK it saved my A@@! I want you to go to college as prepared as you can......Walk into adulthood armed with as much information as possible.

Leave the dysfunction of your youth behind you. You will see in those 304 pages how frickin great YOU are and why it is you do what you do and how to stop all this behavior TRULY! hey I did so can you! GO today....

If I lived close to you I would take you but I don't...If you don't have the money go to the library....There really is no excuse for stoppingyour greatness to come...

I don't even know if i know what to say today....  yeah i don't have the money to go to the book store and get the book......  i have a few cent in my little piggy bank thing and that is all i have.... 

yes i do i wish i could just disappear!!!  but then again i don't want to......  i just want to scream and just hit something until i can't do it anymore........  i could go for the longest time i think

I want to stop I think i don't know i am so confused......  i mean i don't want to die i want to live to help others and to fullfill what God has puposed for me......  I wouldn't ever kill myself on purpose and i am so angry that i know if i don't stop that is what is going to happen.....  all i do is always tell myself ooo that's not going to happen to me i awill be just fine and well yeah i don't know...

my favorite thing to do is praise and worship i could do it forever and ever i may not always feel happy when i do it i may feel all kinds of ways but it isn't about that it is that i know i am lifting God up and bringing Him glory.

well i would keep writing but i have to do somethings so i will be back on later in the afternoon time

cya then sister

your friend

Hisjewel

July 26, 2005, 8:05 am CDT

Go To THE LIBRARY

and read the book before you start college xoxoxox

July 26, 2005, 8:15 am CDT

Self Image

and read the book before you start college xoxoxox
i have to many other things to do right now then to do that.......  i am trying to study for the ACT which i will take when i get to school and so many other things........  i well yeah i don't know but i  really need to go this time.......  you  know there are so many things i know about so mucho f this stuff i mean i have helped other people (well God through me)  and know so much but when it comes to me well yeah i don't know what happens

July 26, 2005, 9:03 am CDT

You help so many others.....

Why not helping you?  Where are you?  I see you do you?

July 26, 2005, 9:56 am CDT

me looking at me

Why not helping you? Where are you? I see you do you?

hey i had a few minutes in between the things i have to do to come home and cool off......  it is like super extreamly hot today and i can't use the AC in my car.....  i also have on jeans today so well yeah haaaa my next place i have to go takes like 45 min or so to get to ahhhhh

why not help me i don't know......  i guess i just can't i don't know........  where am i ummmm "i'm lost i've gone to look for myself if i should return before i get back please ask me to wait"  or "I think i'm here but i'm not sure"  those are two quotes i have heard is that a good answer to your question.......  ummmm sometimes i think i see me but i just well bury me somewhere in the middle of everything else

well i should get some drink haven't had a thing today and i have a hot ride ahead of me......  i'd where shorts but i get uncomfortable feeling in them sometimes i think just cause the only ones i can seem to get that fit me decent are shorter ones haaaaaaa

cya later

July 26, 2005, 2:22 pm CDT

Dont Worry about what others think...

Always be a first-rate version of yourself,  instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

Judy Garland

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last