Message Boards

Topic : Self Image

Number of Replies: 1173
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:53:12 am
Author : dataimport
Do you have a positive or negative self image? Share your struggles and tips with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 26, 2005, 2:40 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: labelfree

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

Judy Garland

i don't think i do...........  oooooo i am not even going to bother with that one i don't know i just well yeah i dont' knokw

July 26, 2005, 9:04 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: hisjewel

That is so great that you are getting where you can seperate the two things and not let them keep getting together and messing with your head LOL!!! that's just what happens they just must get together and have a ball trying to mess it all up for us and how we see ourselves hehe i am trying to think of it antimated LOL!! I don't know why i do that sometimes but i do LOL!!! No matter what i feel like it just happens and then if i am really sad it makes me smile cause i get kind of tickled with myself......... i don't like what i see when i look at me but well i can't seem to really like me the other way either...........
                                                                                                                       Here's an angel for you. I hope it makes you smile!  I totally understand.  I'm getting to the point now where I can believe "I have this, this and this positive trait.  This is who I AM no matter what.  Even when I'm elderly I'll still be the same person."  Then I look into the mirror and there is a chubby bunny staring back at me.  I'm thinking "Who's the chubby chick?"  Duh! As if I don't already know. How do I stop being so hard on myself?   I need to work on feeling good feelings instead of dwelling on my weight. 

July 26, 2005, 9:44 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: acts431

Here's an angel for you. I hope it makes you smile!I totally understand. I'm getting to the point now where I can believe "I have this, this and this positive trait. This is who I AM no matter what. Even when I'm elderly I'll still be the same person." Then I look into the mirror and there is a chubby bunny staring back at me. I'm thinking "Who's the chubby chick?" Duh! As if I don't already know. How do I stop being so hard on myself?I need to work on feeling good feelings instead of dwelling on my weight.

a lot of times we dwell on our weight but there is something much deeper inside often something that we don't want to see......  it could be one of manythings..........  i mean if we totally like ourselve for who we are then we wouldn't be llike look at this chub we would be like you know i think a healthy thing for my body would be to loose weight .........  which says to you i like who i am and if i lost some weight i would be a little more healty.........  you know what i am saying?  I think a lot of people can be so hard on themselves and i am one of them........  most of the things we do or think negatively have  a reason and like i said usually something we don't want to face but sometimes something that we can't seem to get away form like the words someone said or something they did....... am i babbling LOL!!!

that is a beautiful picture!!!!

July 26, 2005, 10:16 pm CDT

lablefree

i was looking at the slides from different eating disorder shows on here and i didn't see well yeah hmmmmmmmm i'm confused.......  i just don't get it i mean sure that girl had her arms lifted so you could see her ribs but well what if her arms were down could you still......  i don't think she was to thin i just think she was really thin

July 27, 2005, 2:57 am CDT

I Love Angels!

Quote From: acts431

Here's an angel for you. I hope it makes you smile!I totally understand. I'm getting to the point now where I can believe "I have this, this and this positive trait. This is who I AM no matter what. Even when I'm elderly I'll still be the same person." Then I look into the mirror and there is a chubby bunny staring back at me. I'm thinking "Who's the chubby chick?" Duh! As if I don't already know. How do I stop being so hard on myself?I need to work on feeling good feelings instead of dwelling on my weight.
So sweet!  This picture!  I wish I could have it at my house...I have an angel garden and an angel wall xoxox

July 27, 2005, 7:37 am CDT

Hisjewel,

I don't even know if i know what to say today.... yeah i don't have the money to go to the book store and get the book...... i have a few cent in my little piggy bank thing and that is all i have....

yes i do i wish i could just disappear!!! but then again i don't want to...... i just want to scream and just hit something until i can't do it anymore........ i could go for the longest time i think

I want to stop I think i don't know i am so confused...... i mean i don't want to die i want to live to help others and to fullfill what God has puposed for me...... I wouldn't ever kill myself on purpose and i am so angry that i know if i don't stop that is what is going to happen..... all i do is always tell myself ooo that's not going to happen to me i awill be just fine and well yeah i don't know...

my favorite thing to do is praise and worship i could do it forever and ever i may not always feel happy when i do it i may feel all kinds of ways but it isn't about that it is that i know i am lifting God up and bringing Him glory.

well i would keep writing but i have to do somethings so i will be back on later in the afternoon time

cya then sister

your friend

Hisjewel

Or better yet, scroll up the page and e-mail Dr Phil. You are obviously in torment. You have done a very courageous thing to talk about yourself this way, it's a sign of health. The fact that you stopped going to the church that had the lecherous pastor shows that you protect yourself from others, yet you feel a need to punish yourself. I know that the pain within is worse than the pain you inflict. Please consider talking to a professional? These message boards can be so helpful, but there's only so much you can get from it. Maybe your mission in life is to beat this thing, so you can help others to do the same.

July 27, 2005, 8:29 am CDT

Self Image

Quote From: ritehere

Or better yet, scroll up the page and e-mail Dr Phil. You are obviously in torment. You have done a very courageous thing to talk about yourself this way, it's a sign of health. The fact that you stopped going to the church that had the lecherous pastor shows that you protect yourself from others, yet you feel a need to punish yourself. I know that the pain within is worse than the pain you inflict. Please consider talking to a professional? These message boards can be so helpful, but there's only so much you can get from it. Maybe your mission in life is to beat this thing, so you can help others to do the same.

i am not the one who stopped going to a church that was the other lady

I do see a counciler but will be leaving her to go to school.........  i have to go to school it is what i have wanted soooooo bad and well i am going to major in psychology because i do want to be a counciler

Thanks

His jewel

July 27, 2005, 8:31 am CDT

labelfree

hello

sorry about that one post yesterday i didn't know what to say i am just so confused i have so many things just jumbled in my head and well yeah.......  hope to talk to you later

July 27, 2005, 9:48 am CDT

No Problem....

hello

sorry about that one post yesterday i didn't know what to say i am just so confused i have so many things just jumbled in my head and well yeah....... hope to talk to you later

No problem at all...xoxoxo

July 27, 2005, 9:51 am CDT

Self Image

Quote From: labelfree

No problem at all...xoxoxo
ok thank you!!!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last