Message Boards

Topic : Self Image

Number of Replies: 1173
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:53:12 am
Author : dataimport
Do you have a positive or negative self image? Share your struggles and tips with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 27, 2005, 9:51 am CDT

I go to Church everyday

Quote From: ritehere

Or better yet, scroll up the page and e-mail Dr Phil. You are obviously in torment. You have done a very courageous thing to talk about yourself this way, it's a sign of health. The fact that you stopped going to the church that had the lecherous pastor shows that you protect yourself from others, yet you feel a need to punish yourself. I know that the pain within is worse than the pain you inflict. Please consider talking to a professional? These message boards can be so helpful, but there's only so much you can get from it. Maybe your mission in life is to beat this thing, so you can help others to do the same.

But not in the way "normal" people do....

I do my own thing...Pray and light candles...

drop off groceries to I know hungry people and I'm not saying anything else because it just wont count.  Your NOT suppose to tell your good deeds  and no one ever should tell ANY how to go about and fellowship  and if they do well there just a big fat Binnie PLUPPPPPPP!

July 27, 2005, 4:07 pm CDT

my apologies

Quote From: hisjewel

i am not the one who stopped going to a church that was the other lady

I do see a counciler but will be leaving her to go to school.........  i have to go to school it is what i have wanted soooooo bad and well i am going to major in psychology because i do want to be a counciler

Thanks

His jewel

I guess I got mixed up. But don't you think you should take care of you? I've heard it said that many students take psychology to figure themselves out, but that it can lead them astray. Please, consider keeping up the counselor visits as you can, what have you got to lose except your anxieties? Good luck to you.

July 27, 2005, 4:16 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: ritehere

I guess I got mixed up. But don't you think you should take care of you? I've heard it said that many students take psychology to figure themselves out, but that it can lead them astray. Please, consider keeping up the counselor visits as you can, what have you got to lose except your anxieties? Good luck to you.

ooooo i am not going to figure myself out i am going because i know it is in my heart to help others.....  this is something i feel that God has placed in my heart so i am only following it!!!

July 27, 2005, 4:19 pm CDT

I took Pych to try to figure me out...

ooooo i am not going to figure myself out i am going because i know it is in my heart to help others.....  this is something i feel that God has placed in my heart so i am only following it!!!

But maybe GOD sent you here to US to help you before you help others....What do you think?  Maybe just maybe its a possibility!  :)  Check up from your neck up! before you help others xoxoxo

July 27, 2005, 4:23 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: labelfree

But maybe GOD sent you here to US to help you before you help others....What do you think?  Maybe just maybe its a possibility!  :)  Check up from your neck up! before you help others xoxoxo
Although God still can and does use us when we need help ourselves.......  someone once said "When we help others with what we need help on God will help us"  now that is not what made me think or feel this way it is just the simple fact that God has done this in my life God has used me in so manyways and i am thankful for that!!!  So well yeah i odn't know...........  and when i help someone else i ask God is there something in what i said that you want to use to speek to me it there something in it htat i need to hear for myself

July 27, 2005, 4:45 pm CDT

That's really GOOD Thinking!

Although God still can and does use us when we need help ourselves.......  someone once said "When we help others with what we need help on God will help us"  now that is not what made me think or feel this way it is just the simple fact that God has done this in my life God has used me in so manyways and i am thankful for that!!!  So well yeah i odn't know...........  and when i help someone else i ask God is there something in what i said that you want to use to speek to me it there something in it htat i need to hear for myself

I always feel I am doing the LORDS work helping other's I do agree with you on that one!  I also believe sometimes  and really pay close attention to this one because it took a real long time for me to develop this and I want you to get this quicker so your life can be better than MINE WAS AND I AM CRYING AS I AM TYPING THIS SO GOD IS REALLY COMING TH RU HERE OK  I AM NOT KIDDING YOU>>>>BE KIND TO EVERYONE AND ALSO PLEASE BE KIND TO YOURSELF AS WELL.

What I mean by that sweetie is this I have a friend Lisa who is a giver she gives and gives and gives and gives yet you go over to her house and have a cook out on Sunday she doesn't even have butter in her refrigerator because she forgot to give to herself or milk or bread for that matter.  Sometimes she even forgets to eat.  Sometimes she digs into her hands into her nails and she may weigh 105 pounds.  Thats when I have to bring her food 3x Day.  Thats when we have to get her to the doctors and get her back on Anti depressants.

Please be good to you when your doing OUR LORDS WORK  because OUR LORD is worried about YOU TOO.

GET DR. Phil's Book!  LIFE STRATEGIES  It wont hurt actually you'll say  Thanks LABLEFREE!

July 27, 2005, 5:00 pm CDT

Self Image

I always feel I am doing the LORDS work helping other's I do agree with you on that one!  I also believe sometimes  and really pay close attention to this one because it took a real long time for me to develop this and I want you to get this quicker so your life can be better than MINE WAS AND I AM CRYING AS I AM TYPING THIS SO GOD IS REALLY COMING TH RU HERE OK  I AM NOT KIDDING YOU>>>>BE KIND TO EVERYONE AND ALSO PLEASE BE KIND TO YOURSELF AS WELL.

What I mean by that sweetie is this I have a friend Lisa who is a giver she gives and gives and gives and gives yet you go over to her house and have a cook out on Sunday she doesn't even have butter in her refrigerator because she forgot to give to herself or milk or bread for that matter.  Sometimes she even forgets to eat.  Sometimes she digs into her hands into her nails and she may weigh 105 pounds.  Thats when I have to bring her food 3x Day.  Thats when we have to get her to the doctors and get her back on Anti depressants.

Please be good to you when your doing OUR LORDS WORK  because OUR LORD is worried about YOU TOO.

GET DR. Phil's Book!  LIFE STRATEGIES  It wont hurt actually you'll say  Thanks LABLEFREE!

wow that diging nails into hand came pretty random LOL!!  sorry i am not saying that is funny what she does it's just you were talking about eating and then that and well yeah.....  oo never mind i am taking you serious ok i am not making a joke promise.......  it helps kind of relieve you to do that i only did it once. 

wow does she not have the food cause she doesn't want ti or cause she spends so much on others? 

July 27, 2005, 6:12 pm CDT

She just forgets

wow that diging nails into hand came pretty random LOL!!  sorry i am not saying that is funny what she does it's just you were talking about eating and then that and well yeah.....  oo never mind i am taking you serious ok i am not making a joke promise.......  it helps kind of relieve you to do that i only did it once. 

wow does she not have the food cause she doesn't want ti or cause she spends so much on others? 

Because she is doing the LORDS work! For others....

July 27, 2005, 6:19 pm CDT

Self Image

Because she is doing the LORDS work! For others....

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo i c!!!

i went for a nice walk.....  it finally cooled down as the sun was going down and the sky was pretty also.......  there was a nice breeze it was lovely but i had to come int cause it started getting to dark.......  only got to walk a mile....  we have some hills in the neighbor hood so it is good i am not just walking flat ground........ the grass is green and the flowers are out!!!

i talked to my school today and it looks like i might get to play on the volleyball team!!!  i hope so but before i decide to do it i will talk to my aunt about it!!

July 27, 2005, 8:23 pm CDT

I have a treadmill....

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo i c!!!

i went for a nice walk.....  it finally cooled down as the sun was going down and the sky was pretty also.......  there was a nice breeze it was lovely but i had to come int cause it started getting to dark.......  only got to walk a mile....  we have some hills in the neighbor hood so it is good i am not just walking flat ground........ the grass is green and the flowers are out!!!

i talked to my school today and it looks like i might get to play on the volleyball team!!!  i hope so but before i decide to do it i will talk to my aunt about it!!

So there's no excuse any more for me NOT to exercise!  Seriously though I cant walk at night time even though I live in a kind of upscale neighborhood!  I get kind of scared at night anyway!  I guess too many Physiological thrillers..There are no more boogie men in the closets of my mind or maybe there are hummmmmm something to think about but I dont think its cool for me to walk alone at night..

Hey maybe I need to look at stuff I am afraid of Thanks...

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last