Message Boards

Topic : 08/24 The Dr. Phil House: “Make My Kid a Star,” Part 3

Number of Replies: 550
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:42:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/21/07) Dr. Phil’s child star competition heats up! Seven kids with stars in their eyes face the final leg of the competition in The Dr. Phil House, but do their mothers unwittingly sabotage their chances? After speaking with Veronica, Kiki and Larissa about how they could be a liability to their child’s success, Dr. Phil turns to Kim and Susan. Playing a video clip of Kim’s daughter, Alaina, in an interview, Dr. Phil points out the pressure and stress that she feels and how it may affect her performance in school. Then, Dr. Phil shows a video of Susan assisting her daughter, Meagan, during the dance rehearsals. In the video, Meagan struggles under her demands. Will these mothers adjust their behavior and take on a healthy, supportive role in their child’s career? Then, it’s time for the final talent show! Each child performs on the Dr. Phil stage, in front of his studio audience and a panel of Hollywood’s top talent agents, managers and casting directors, who decide the grand-prize winner. The children receive fabulous prizes for their hard work, but they mean little to one upset mother. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 21, 2007, 11:03 am CDT

05/21 The Dr. Phil House: “Make My Kid a Star,” Part 3

Quote From: lensfu

I so agree with you.    I to thought that was odd that her mother said if she got the part then they could pay the rent.  That's a  lot of pressure for a child.  Are they wishing stardom on the child so they don't have to work?  Seems like the idea of 'family' is not as important as Gracie 'paying the rent'.  How sad, how very, very sad.
how do you even know gracies family situation unless u are a family member or close friend no one has the right to judge these people or anyone else for that matter unless u know all the facts first hand

May 21, 2007, 11:16 am CDT

Quote From: attatude

We didn't come all the way across the country to win a fricking XBox ... verbatim from Veronica's big mouth.

This woman (notice I don't use the word lady) doesn't have a clue nor does she have any common sense.  Rather than saying thank you for the opportunity you've given Maria, she once again opens her mouth and makes an ass out of not only herself but, her daughter as well. Very very sad.  Veronica seems to think she can bully her way into Hollywood, however, what she's doing is ruining her daughters chances. Not only did the agents that Dr. Phil provided see and hear her act like a total nutcase but, now that the show has aired, all agents and talent scouts have taken notice as well.  With the way news travels at lightening speed throughout Hollywood it's almost a given that Veronica has caused all of the doors to be shut and locked for Maria.

I can also say I wasn't shocked that Veronica wouldn't speak to Dr, Phil and give him an update about Maria ... once again Veronica shows that she has absolutely NO class.  FYI Veronica, you only get ONE CHANCE at making an first impression. That's why neither you or your daughter will ever become a known name in Hollywood.  You Blew it!!

Oh, Veronica is a known name in Hollywood, just not how she wants to be known.  She is known far and wide as the Stage Mother from... er, Heck,  that NO ONE will work with!  Doesn't matter how talented her daughter is, Veronica ruined it all.  Dr Phil gave them exposure and Veronica was exposed as a nasty bit of work. 

May 21, 2007, 11:21 am CDT

Child star?

Quote From: nixi333

We didn't really get to see alot of the kids in the other episodes But they all did great today!

Congradulations Gracie you're going to go far! Learn all you can, try every thing you can, be safe be smart and never loose the class and grace you have now.

Boy's I'll be watching for that show you'r going to have!!!

You all did so great you should all be proud!

Nixi

DR, Phil

Get on the Parents Case!! Do they realize what they are doing ? The kids will face rejection big time. And they are young, the need to look at other child stars, who when they got older got put out to pasture by Hollywood and some of them just did not survive it. 

Mommy just wants bragging rights. And the money.  I still ask were are the kids Fathers in all of this? 

And when one wins this contest, oh yes they will be happy but what about the rest of the kids?

Who is going to explain it to them? they are going to be totally hurt all around. And it  could case severe Depression.  And their Mother I am sure she will not help the situation at all just make it worse.

Are the kids prepared for losing?   In there mothers mind losing is not an option at all. To them its nothing more than a failure.   And they will take it out on the kid for losing big time.

May 21, 2007, 11:57 am CDT

Quote From: byrdlady56

Oh, Veronica is a known name in Hollywood, just not how she wants to be known.  She is known far and wide as the Stage Mother from... er, Heck,  that NO ONE will work with!  Doesn't matter how talented her daughter is, Veronica ruined it all.  Dr Phil gave them exposure and Veronica was exposed as a nasty bit of work. 

because of veronica maria may never get to become a star  her mother is nasty and foul mouthed  and so ungrateful for anything and everything there is no words to even express the way i feel right now

May 21, 2007, 12:00 pm CDT

gracie will win it all

I've only tuned in for 1 show and it's already obvious that Gracie has natural talent that her mother has helped her bring out by giving positive reinforcement. These other Moms need to pack it in. They will only bring their kids down by getting in their face,damanding,cursing,showing no class!!  Why do you think Gracie won the photo shoot for Sears? Not only was her picture good as was I'm sure some of the others,but her Mom showed some diplomacy. She said what the executives what to hear. I think gracie & her mom have the best relationship, in the bunch.  Get rid of the one that swears every other word, right away. Because no one in any business,show or otherwise wants to hear her mouth on the sidelines!!!

May 21, 2007, 12:35 pm CDT

No Talent

There is not one of these children who is above average. They can't sing, dance, or act. These mothers are trying to live through them and earn a name and money for themselves. Leave these kids alone and let them be normal, if that is even possible now.

May 21, 2007, 12:36 pm CDT

I'm watching the episode right now. It is about to end soon. This is very disturbing!  They are being pushed too hard. The parents should support their children if they have a passion but this is beyond! And you have ot wonder. Did this start out as the dreams of the children or the mothers. I'm not sure!

May 21, 2007, 12:41 pm CDT

Quote From: byrdlady56

Veronica has, by her own admission, been trying to become a "star" for 20 years. I suspect, after this long, she's beginning to realize she'll never make it. And, is trying to live through her daughter. But, her rotten attitude and gutter mouth are ruining Marie's chances. Just as her own chances were ruined. BTW, it's obvious that Veronica didn't learn a thing from the experience Dr Phil gave her. I couldn't believe the "lip" she kept giving him. Then, after claiming to have learned, from his, and the talent agents' feedback, what a diservice she was doing to her daughter, Marie's refusal to give an update proved only one thing. She didn't learn anything. And, I supect, never will.

May 21, 2007, 12:50 pm CDT

Watching now ..

Ok here we go .. Good for you Dr Phil..  everyone received gifts .. as far as i'm concerned they are all winners, Gracie WON .. She was my vote also. God Bless all the wonderful children who competed .. best of luck to all of you.

May 21, 2007, 12:51 pm CDT

be honest

The judges needed to be honest with these crazy parents.  Most of these kids have zero talent and the moms will take any complement as encouragement to go forward. They need to go home and let their kids be kids.  What these moms needed was some frank critiques, maybe in private with the judges.

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last