Message Boards

Topic : 08/24 The Dr. Phil House: “Make My Kid a Star,” Part 3

Number of Replies: 550
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:42:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/21/07) Dr. Phil’s child star competition heats up! Seven kids with stars in their eyes face the final leg of the competition in The Dr. Phil House, but do their mothers unwittingly sabotage their chances? After speaking with Veronica, Kiki and Larissa about how they could be a liability to their child’s success, Dr. Phil turns to Kim and Susan. Playing a video clip of Kim’s daughter, Alaina, in an interview, Dr. Phil points out the pressure and stress that she feels and how it may affect her performance in school. Then, Dr. Phil shows a video of Susan assisting her daughter, Meagan, during the dance rehearsals. In the video, Meagan struggles under her demands. Will these mothers adjust their behavior and take on a healthy, supportive role in their child’s career? Then, it’s time for the final talent show! Each child performs on the Dr. Phil stage, in front of his studio audience and a panel of Hollywood’s top talent agents, managers and casting directors, who decide the grand-prize winner. The children receive fabulous prizes for their hard work, but they mean little to one upset mother. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 21, 2007, 12:57 pm CDT

It made me cringe

I could hardly bare to watch these nightmare mother's in action. I hope they watched themselves afterwards and decided to make a real change. Gracie (and her Mom) deserved to win and her mother proved the old saying "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar..."

May 21, 2007, 12:59 pm CDT

Congrats!!!!

Congratulations to all these wonderful, talented children.  I hope that the parents, (step-bonus-whatever) realize the stress and hardship that this type of thing can be, and keep their childrens mental health in shape.  I would be interedted in and update in a year or so to see how they are doing with their lives and careers.  God Bless them !!!

May 21, 2007, 12:59 pm CDT

MAKE MY KID A STAR

I THINK THESE KIDS HAVE BEEN BRAIN-WASHED   WHERE IS THE FATHER TO THE 3 BOYS AND WHY AREN'T THEY PLAYING BALL.   THE LITTLE ONE DEFINATELY HAS MORE TALENT THAN THE OTHER 2 BUT STILL, HAVE THEY EVER BEEN OUTSIDE TO JUST PLAY?

May 21, 2007, 1:02 pm CDT

Oh Dear

Personally, I don't think any of the children have an "oustanding" talent. I think these parents are setting up their children for disappointment. I think Veronica is absolutly ridiculous! I think she needs to get a grip. She's always the only one who has to make a stink about EVERYTHING. I think she's living a little bit too much through her daughter. She's a pretty lady, but I think she is ruining it for her daughter. If I were a judge and see her, I wouldn't even consider her daughter, just because of her negative attitute. I wouldn't want her attitude to discourage any of the other contestants. I think that if these children want to persue a career, they also need an education behind them. You can't be famous forever. Unfortunatly, when a hollywood face gets old, the public moves on to a new one.  Thanks

May 21, 2007, 1:07 pm CDT

WAY TO GO GRACIE!

You deserved it, girl! Congratulations.

Veronica: How ungrateful can you POSSIBLY be? No wonder you and your daughter didn't win. It's a shame that you've ruined ANY possibly chance of her having a successful future in the entertainment industry. Hope that X-box is coming in handy :-) Pawned it off, yet?

May 21, 2007, 1:07 pm CDT

05/21 The Dr. Phil House: “Make My Kid a Star,” Part 3

Quote From: byrdlady56

Oh, Veronica is a known name in Hollywood, just not how she wants to be known.  She is known far and wide as the Stage Mother from... er, Heck,  that NO ONE will work with!  Doesn't matter how talented her daughter is, Veronica ruined it all.  Dr Phil gave them exposure and Veronica was exposed as a nasty bit of work. 

She also doesn't seem to realize the judges were all primed to say something positive about all the kids. As someone else said, none of the kids is above average, especially not Maria. Interesting that she would not give Dr. Phil and update. Guess she didn't get all those calls she was expecting.

May 21, 2007, 1:08 pm CDT

To all!

im really happy to see that the parents became more mature this time and had no pushing by the bad language and helped them good this time.

I FOUND THAT ALL OF THE CHILDREN WERE STARS, even if thery have trouble on any part does not matter becouse even you who are reading this that are not even into this stuff... your even speacial erveryone is diffrent and unique in there own ways.

im happy to see those children smile this time on the show and when i saw after Gracie won that everyone was hugging and the other parents were not yelling at there own daughters.

GREAT JOB GRACIE SWEET HEART AND YOUR MOM! (loved gracies comment after saying at the end) God Bless You!

May 21, 2007, 1:10 pm CDT

Maria

The kids did a GREAT job!!  I think Gracie deserved to win.  I feel sorry for Maria because I think Veronica will scare away any one who may want to work with her.  There are too many talented kids to have to deal with a mother like Veronica.  She needs to chill out a little bit.  Good Grief!!

May 21, 2007, 1:15 pm CDT

great jobs by theese kids

All theese kids did a great job. I think it just goes to show that when overly ambitious parents push thier kids too hard because of thier own need to be in the hub of fame etc. they can be a detrament. When they all stand back be supportive and not over bearing, the kids love... can be lived and seen by others. This was a shinning bunch of kids, glittering like crazy. I still can't help but thinking the right one ultimately won because Grace almost brought me to tears with her monologue, just wonderful.

I can still see all doing well with a little more work and positiave support from thier parents. Shine on kids, climb the mountain, and enjoy the view. Just remember, you don't have to get to the very top to be a success, as long as you remember to enjoy every mile of the journey and appreciate all the gifts as they come to you. We are all great in our own way as long as we give life all we have to give.

red tank girl

May 21, 2007, 1:16 pm CDT

Veronica is ruining her daughter Maria

I am not sure where the father is, but if the father is still around, he should get involved and allow his daughter Maria to be what Maria wants to be and not what Veronica wishes she had been. It only goes to show you how attitude can ruin not only your life, but in this case her daughters life as well. The kids acted better than the adults. The kids should all be rewarded for their maturity and the way they all handled themselves. It is a shame that the parents acted the way they did and how they should all be reprimanded for their actions.

Veronica should not be allowed to have her daughter and the way she is forcing her daughter to be in a life that the mother really wants. This show, if it did anything, proved that the parents most of the time can ruin it for the kids all of the time. SHAME ON YOU VERONICA AND I HOPE THAT YOUR DAUGHTER LEARNS HOW TO DISCONNECT FROM YOU AND GO ON HER OWN, IN FINDING HERSELF AND NOT BECOME WHAT YOU WISHED YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN. You cannot live your life through your kids. If you think you are a failure you cannot blame your kids for that. they did not ask to be born.

I think that Veronica has become the classic example of what not to do when raising your kids. I am sorry but if you came on the show and wanted the world to see the real you, I can only imagine what you are like in real life. How many people really do not like you and how many opportunities your daughter has missed because of you and your attitude. HMMMMM makes me wonder.

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last