Message Boards

Topic : 05/22 The True Life of Marcia Brady

Number of Replies: 259
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:42:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Every teenage girl wanted to be her and every teenage boy wanted to date her. With her signature perfectly brushed long hair, Marcia Brady, of the hit early 1970s TV show The Brady Bunch, epitomized the wholesome American girl. But the true life of Marcia Brady, whose real name is Maureen McCormick, is far from the world of lighthearted blended-family conflicts that played out on the sitcom in which she starred. Today she is embroiled in a family battle where brother is pitted against brother and father against daughter. Maureen believes her brother, Kevin, has literally brainwashed her father to alienate him from Maureen and the rest of her family, including his grandchildren. She comes to Dr. Phil desperate for help to save her family. First up, Maureen confronts her father and brother for the first time in two years, and even Dr. Phil is shocked by the outcome. Then Dr. Phil sits down with Maureen and her brother, Michael, to try and make sense of the conflict. Plus, Maureen's father and brother, Kevin, make some shocking accusations of their own. If this group must somehow form a family, then why was its most famous member issued a restraining order? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 20, 2007, 4:34 am CDT

wow

i grew up watching the brady bunch...i never knew she had all this trouble..cant wait to see this show.

May 20, 2007, 4:39 am CDT

05/22 McCormick Family

I know how Maureen feels.  I've been down that road.  You eventually  have to accept  the other people that you're trying to reconcile with have a problem and there is nothing wrong with yourself.  Her willingness to confront her family shows that she is the sane one of the "bunch"

May 20, 2007, 7:26 am CDT

05/22 McCormick Family

Quote From: horselightning

I wonder if her mom has passed on? I wonder why her  dad think she lies and steales?

according to imdb her mother passed away in 2004 from cancer and that she cared for her during that time.

May 20, 2007, 11:51 am CDT

Very Interesting

Cant wait to see this show,Ive watched the brady bunch show when i was growing up as many others have done too.It will be very interesting what the Father and the brother says. I just seen her on a tv programm and she looked fine.Restraining Order , Wow guess I will see huh?

May 20, 2007, 11:57 am CDT

What is up all of the sudden?

I agree with one of the other writers. Why is it all of the sudden, Ms. McCormick is suddenly everywhere you look? She had a lovely article about her in a magazine recently and she sounded very happy with life. She turns up on the Celebrity Weight Loss Show, and another article is written about her success about that. Now, we are hearing about such turmoil in her life that hasn't been known. As a huge fan of the Brady Bunch and I admit, still am (I'm in my 50's!), I do think the Marsha image is the one we all felt was really her real image, but to me, I question why after all of these years she's suddenly now so public! It just sounds a bit strange to me that her life is now so public. I think we all liked the fact that she seemed to have her life on the right path and was a happy person. Now because maybe the spotlight isn't as bright any more and she claims she'd like to do TV again, it just makes me wonder?

May 20, 2007, 8:09 pm CDT

Maureen McCormick

Why is there so many people fighting?   Most situations I know of can be fixed with communication.  I certainly hope that everyone in her family will get together and take a minute to actually listen to each other. Do NOT add fuel to the fire.

Who ever is mad at WHO.  Let each of you realize people make mistakes, YES, even people in your own family. You have to learn we are not perfect. We are not in a perfect world. We have choices and can choose to forget our loved ones, help them or turn your back.    Just let me tell you this:   After a 12 year divorce w/ child. Not even interested in dating.  I met the most wonderful man in the world (Besides Dr. Phil) lol...  After a 1 1/2 yrs. of marriage he had a heart attack which left him with brain damage.  Now, I still love this Man more than life. Almost 2 years later and being a caregiver for 2 years 24/7. All I wish for is that MY Husband be himself for 1 more day.  So he knows how much he's loved. How much joy he still brings to my life.

You have the opportunity to make things better before  it's to late.......   debbie

May 20, 2007, 11:30 pm CDT

I remember the show, but never thought it was real

...it seemed very silly to me, and I sure didn't want to be her and my bro never wanted to date her!

Still, I will be interested in following this on the net (I live overseas, and although we get Dr. Phil, there is a delay of more than a season).

There have been other families with similar problems on Dr. Phil, so I don't think he's showing favouritism to her celebrity status.

May 21, 2007, 4:20 am CDT

05/22 McCormick Family

Quote From: dbaker1213

Why is there so many people fighting?   Most situations I know of can be fixed with communication.  I certainly hope that everyone in her family will get together and take a minute to actually listen to each other. Do NOT add fuel to the fire.

Who ever is mad at WHO.  Let each of you realize people make mistakes, YES, even people in your own family. You have to learn we are not perfect. We are not in a perfect world. We have choices and can choose to forget our loved ones, help them or turn your back.    Just let me tell you this:   After a 12 year divorce w/ child. Not even interested in dating.  I met the most wonderful man in the world (Besides Dr. Phil) lol...  After a 1 1/2 yrs. of marriage he had a heart attack which left him with brain damage.  Now, I still love this Man more than life. Almost 2 years later and being a caregiver for 2 years 24/7. All I wish for is that MY Husband be himself for 1 more day.  So he knows how much he's loved. How much joy he still brings to my life.

You have the opportunity to make things better before  it's to late.......   debbie

What is it all about?  Money no doubt, the issue of MONEY is the main cause of problems in families.  My Aunties and Uncles are vultures out for everything my grandfather has in his life (even his own house that he worked his whole life to buy), they don't want to wait until he is cold in the ground they're all arguing about who is going to "get it all" in front of him.  I can't imagine how bad he feels knowing his children would rather he be dead so they can have stuff.  A smile from him is worth 10 times everything he has, he is priceless.

No doubt it all has to do with money in this case too...

May 21, 2007, 9:54 am CDT

Evidence of the last days

Hey,

I don't mean to go "holy" on anybody, but, the family is in step with the end of time, as we know it.

The bible state is revelations that, mothers will be against daughters, daughters against, mother's and mother's will have unnatural affections for the  children; which was me.  I did not love my daughter starting first, by in the womb.  She was  unwanted by me for her entire childhood.  God did bless my heart to love her and I can't imagine the pain of loosing her.  She is now 30 and I thank God for her daily.

I oder peace to be still in the McCormick Family - in the Holy name of Jesus.  May God bless you all to hear the other's suffering and validate it with a hug.

Amen.

Ms. Ella

May 21, 2007, 11:15 am CDT

05/22 McCormick Family

After 20 years of being in the ministry, counseling, and a physician there is one thing that I have learned.   Being a family is hard work.  Biologicial genes aren't the only things that hold a family together.  It comes down to the plain and clear fact of the relationship.  Do you or Do you Not want to put forth the effort that it will entail?  One must also anaylize what is the cost?  Emotionally, financially, time and energy,  Is it going to be a positive of negetive force in your life?   Families are not genetic per say but a relationship with another human being?   And doors swing both ways.... are you willing to accept the fact that the other person or people may not want to invest in you!   Dr. Terry TNTS

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last