Message Boards

Topic : 05/22 The True Life of Marcia Brady

Number of Replies: 259
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:42:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Every teenage girl wanted to be her and every teenage boy wanted to date her. With her signature perfectly brushed long hair, Marcia Brady, of the hit early 1970s TV show The Brady Bunch, epitomized the wholesome American girl. But the true life of Marcia Brady, whose real name is Maureen McCormick, is far from the world of lighthearted blended-family conflicts that played out on the sitcom in which she starred. Today she is embroiled in a family battle where brother is pitted against brother and father against daughter. Maureen believes her brother, Kevin, has literally brainwashed her father to alienate him from Maureen and the rest of her family, including his grandchildren. She comes to Dr. Phil desperate for help to save her family. First up, Maureen confronts her father and brother for the first time in two years, and even Dr. Phil is shocked by the outcome. Then Dr. Phil sits down with Maureen and her brother, Michael, to try and make sense of the conflict. Plus, Maureen's father and brother, Kevin, make some shocking accusations of their own. If this group must somehow form a family, then why was its most famous member issued a restraining order? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 22, 2007, 7:31 am CDT

Marica

Its so sad what money does to people. And the family. Jealous, envy, hate.

When she was on the Brady bunch it looked like one great big happy family. And that was true of Father knows best kids to, but off camera it was a totally different story to,.

I think they all need some serious counseling,  and Dr Phil can get the best for them.

To bad I did not know Dr Phil when I was growing up. He sure could have help me and my family.

Its so sad when parents hate their own kids.   I can feel for her, both my parents hated me with a passion.   And let me know every day of my life.

May 22, 2007, 7:59 am CDT

this is so typical

well how typical of a jealous brother to make sure he gets it all and to turn the father against the rest of his family ..........the father is obviously suffering from alzheimers or demensia and when maureen read  the petetion against her u can clearly see what lies they were saying about maureen grabbing her fathers arm  since she had let go immediately................. i myself went thru something similar and my sister had stolen everything from my father just to make sure i got nothing

May 22, 2007, 8:07 am CDT

05/22 McCormick Family

Quote From: horselightning

oh my  god thats  terrible. why does money  do that ot  family members?

i truly believe that kevin is brainwashing and abusing his father and blaming maureen for all of this i mean she hasnt even seen them for 2 years kevin is feeding him lies and he is so afraid of his own son its horrifying........................................ poor kevin  maureen made it big you could have too kevin made if u had just tried harder but do't worry kevin GOD is watching

maureen keep your chin up

May 22, 2007, 8:40 am CDT

05/22 McCormick Family

I don't know about this..Maureen and her brothers are all depending on dads inheritence.What if there was no inheritence? Would there be such a pursuit for dads so called welfare? He looks fine to me even if he is "brainwashed."

May 22, 2007, 8:58 am CDT

05/22 McCormick Family

oh my  god thats  terrible. why does money  do that ot  family members?
If dad was penniless then there would be no fighting.

After watching the show..I got the feeling Maureen was "acting" in several situations.

I was stunned somewhat with the fact that she often acts like a weak, helpless women. "They made me feel like I was crazy". Oh please!

I was not impressed one bit with Maureens plight in this. The truth be told I bet she spent a lot of years causing her dad a lot of grief. And if she wasn't causing him a lot of grief that she was disconnected from him. Somehow I felt they were never connected.

As a daughter even if my father was in the wrong I could not do this to him publicly. Heck my dad was wrong lot of times about a lot of things but hey he was my dad and I saw other sides to him too. Love has a way of shadowing those failings we have and you have to have that to begin with to not have this.

May 22, 2007, 9:50 am CDT

Families in Crisis

I know how she feel as I have been though something similar. My advice is take one day at a time and hang in there. She is doing the right thing. It is her family who are jelous and cannot understand what or how she feels.

May 22, 2007, 9:57 am CDT

marsha marsha marsha.

ive seen so many promos for this episode and they keep calling her marsha. is that really her real name?

May 22, 2007, 10:15 am CDT

yes, about a 2 years ago

I wonder if her mom has passed on? I wonder why her  dad think she lies and steales?

from what I gather, her mom passed away about 2 years ago and that is when everything went crazy. It does seem as if her dad has been stripped of his own mind.

While I think it is sad for anyone to go through this kind of thing, i think that marueen has done a huge service to many people by publicly airing this. It seems to me that this is a topic nobody really knows how to deal with.

May 22, 2007, 10:25 am CDT

Marsha Marsha Marsha

Quote From: knoxvillian

ive seen so many promos for this episode and they keep calling her marsha. is that really her real name?

No it's Maureen

May 22, 2007, 11:11 am CDT

The Brady Bunch

This was my all time favorite show, I still watch the re-runs when I can,  There are problems in everyones family, nomatter who you are, She is human, and she makes mistakes, I believe her brother might be jealous over her, she might had been daddies favorite growing up, and when they are grown up, the brother might think this is his chance to get daddy to love him more, when you are on a show they don't let the world know that the Actor has or had a bad childhood, that would had ruined the Brady Bunch show, according to the interviews, Mr Brady was as much as a father figure and loved those kids as much as their real family did, if not more,  he took them on Vacations with him, so what if she had a drug problem, she is clean and sober now, ALmost ALL Actors have problems with drugs or/and Achol,Mrs McCormick has my Prayers and Blessing, she will pull through this,  and we will see on the show, Dr.Phil Will help her

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last