Message Boards

Topic : 05/22 The True Life of Marcia Brady

Number of Replies: 259
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:42:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Every teenage girl wanted to be her and every teenage boy wanted to date her. With her signature perfectly brushed long hair, Marcia Brady, of the hit early 1970s TV show The Brady Bunch, epitomized the wholesome American girl. But the true life of Marcia Brady, whose real name is Maureen McCormick, is far from the world of lighthearted blended-family conflicts that played out on the sitcom in which she starred. Today she is embroiled in a family battle where brother is pitted against brother and father against daughter. Maureen believes her brother, Kevin, has literally brainwashed her father to alienate him from Maureen and the rest of her family, including his grandchildren. She comes to Dr. Phil desperate for help to save her family. First up, Maureen confronts her father and brother for the first time in two years, and even Dr. Phil is shocked by the outcome. Then Dr. Phil sits down with Maureen and her brother, Michael, to try and make sense of the conflict. Plus, Maureen's father and brother, Kevin, make some shocking accusations of their own. If this group must somehow form a family, then why was its most famous member issued a restraining order? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 19, 2007, 2:30 pm CDT

Who knew that was pain beneath that happy face

I remember watching this series when I was a teen. I never knew that there was turmoil in her life.  Where is her mother in all this?

May 19, 2007, 2:39 pm CDT

Guess i'm the first one here !

I'm very intrested in seeing this episode.  I remember the  brady brunch. I'm more than curious to see what going on with this situation. Is there anyone  else out there who is too?

May 19, 2007, 5:07 pm CDT

Normal

Just because someone was on TV at some point doesn’t mean that they live a perfect life.  To suggest that they do is foolish and this is proof right here.  Miss McCormick is just as real as every one else and seams to have a family that appears to be as dysfunctional as every one else.  So far in my fifty five years I have never come across a perfect family and probably never will.

Never the less I am sure that if she can not do this on her own and with out the lights of Dr. Phil she has come to the right place and I am sure the Dr. will be able to get to the bottom of this.  The big question is weather her father and brother will want any help in all of this.

Davidwsg

May 19, 2007, 5:17 pm CDT

Thats what I say!

Quote From: kaykwilts

I remember watching this series when I was a teen. I never knew that there was turmoil in her life.  Where is her mother in all this?

I wonder if her mom has passed on? I wonder why her  dad think she lies and steales?

May 19, 2007, 5:34 pm CDT

i'm sure...

Quote From: davidwsg

Just because someone was on TV at some point doesnt mean that they live a perfect life.  To suggest that they do is foolish and this is proof right here.  Miss McCormick is just as real as every one else and seams to have a family that appears to be as dysfunctional as every one else.  So far in my fifty five years I have never come across a perfect family and probably never will.

Never the less I am sure that if she can not do this on her own and with out the lights of Dr. Phil she has come to the right place and I am sure the Dr. will be able to get to the bottom of this.  The big question is weather her father and brother will want any help in all of this.

Davidwsg

I'm sure people ment they just hadnt heard alot about over the years.  not that she didnt need Dr. Phils help or was actually Marsha Brady. But I do get your point.

May 19, 2007, 6:44 pm CDT

maureen

It is not uncommon for turmoil in any famiy these days. I too watched the Brady Bunch and the Spinoff of the Brady daughters. I will be watching to see how this one plays out. In the meantime my heart and prayers  go out to Maureen and her family.

May 19, 2007, 7:01 pm CDT

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

I speak as a (somewhat) reformed Brady Bunch junkie. It's unfortunate that Ms. McCormick is going through this sort of turmoil, but how many other families go through similar stuff? It might well be educational to a lot of viewers with aging parents.

When I saw the promos, the 1st thing that went through my mind was, Geez, I wonder if it isn't Alzheimer's kicking in? After all, "BB" was at its peak 35 years ago, and I believe M.McC. is somewhere around 50 now. It is quite possible that her mother is deceased, so the "where is the mother?" question didn't occur to me.

May 19, 2007, 8:29 pm CDT

Maureen McCormick's Mother

Quote From: kaykwilts

Maureen McCormick's mother passed away a few years ago - I believe from some form of Cancer.

I was a big fan of the Brady Bunch - in fact Maureen and I are the same age!  Her birthday is August 5, 1956 and mine is August 6, 1956.  Okay....she's a day older than me!

May 19, 2007, 8:48 pm CDT

05/22 McCormick Family

i wonder if this show is pre or post "celebrity fit club"? she seems so nice on there. she has problems like everyone else, yet still seems to have a good attitude

May 20, 2007, 2:27 am CDT

shame

I am happy to see there are some people who care or even think about others. For the rest, shame on you ! I address this message to those who keep the harshness wheel rolling in this world. If you were Maureen, think how you might feel to get up in front of this world audience and bare your soul. Maybe you need to learn how to be a listener, a more compassionate person instead of doing what you have done your whole life, JUDGE ! And before you may think that this is just mussy Marsha stuff, I don't take sides ! I am just sad that people are so jealous of Maureen that they them selves miss out on  a valuable human experience. Just came home and watch the show, look, listen and learn ! Just leave that judge's hammer out side the door !! 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last