Message Boards

Topic : Trying to Quit Smoking?

Number of Replies: 951
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:54:00 am
Author : dataimport
You're not alone. Meet others who know just what you're going through, and together we'll get closer to Dr. Phil's vision for a smoke-free America.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 7, 2005, 12:18 pm CDT

Lots of luck!!

Quote From: tray00

Hi guys and gals....haven't heard from alot of the people that used to be on this board, it seems no one has found this new site or something.  Not sure where Shelly went she was quiting and then disappeared.  The board just isn't the same.  The support isn't their, and most of the time it is like I am talking to myself. Not saying you that are here aren't supportive, but their isn't enough, I guess is what I am saying.  Maybe over time this board will pick up.  And once in a while I will read some posts.   

I will let you all no My quit date is August 16th.  A couple friends from elementary school are getting together and spending the whole day together(they are both non-smokers for about three years).  I have decided that is my day.  I don't smoke around people that don't smoke, (I leave the room), so what a better time.   

Mario, I wish you all the luck with your smoke free life!  Be proud of yourself! 

Good luck to all of you and take care! 

I hope everything goes well for you and you are able to quit. Im a smoker as well and i have tried to quit many times but it only works if you really want to quit. how long have you been smoking for?  

August 7, 2005, 4:41 pm CDT

I'm here Tray

I know what you mean about feeling like you're talking to yourself..I went thru that too when I was in her early on..it does seem lonely, but I hope you keep coming back and keeping us updated..this is one of the few boards that will allow you to still post even if you are still smoking, I went to one of t hem and it was really hard ass..if you were smoking, you couldn't post..I do read all the posts and even if I don't have anything to say remember, we are here..just vent your feelings and keep coming back..I have about 19 hours now and I've never wanted to smoke more than I do now, but I've vowed to myself that if I start again, I will leave the board entirely..that could be why some don't come back, maybe they don't want to hear about my relapse..but anyway..I went shopping today, now I have to go return it all, cause we really don't have the money for it, I just substituted shopping for smoking..I'm so sick of being an obsessive compulsion personality..anyway, enuff from me..I'll check later, love to all.  Ann 

19 hours, 41 minutes and 11 seconds. 24 cigarettes not smoked, saving $4.43. Life saved: 2 hours, 0 minutes.

August 7, 2005, 9:06 pm CDT

Correction to my last post

I came back on and read my last post..boy did it sound egotistical..I said, maybe people don't come back because theyd on't want to hear about 'my' relapse..I meant to say they don't want to hear about relapses..it's discouraging when one of us falls..anyway, I wanted to clear that up and as a side note, I just heard on Fox that Peter Jennings died tonight..I am very sad...he was a classy man and he will be missed..it sure made me not want to go to the 7/11 to get a pack. Love to all, Ann

August 8, 2005, 6:53 am CDT

Same boat

I haven't posted for the same reason. I read all the time and keep up with you guys but when I do post it's like talking to a wall...so why bother? I'll keep doing what I'm doing though and check in sometimes. Don't give up Ann....you are worth the victory!

August 8, 2005, 9:07 am CDT

check in

no time to chat, but wanted to check in..Ann 

One day, 12 hours, 7 minutes and 25 seconds. 45 cigarettes not smoked, saving $8.13. Life saved: 3 hours, 45 minutes.

August 8, 2005, 10:56 am CDT

does it matter

does it really matter!
relapse or staying smoke free. this board was created and used until it has abused solely to help us to get over the handicaps to reach the goal of staying healthy.
Rome wasn't build in a day!
as it goes for me, i'm smoke free now for 7 1/2 months! still have my urge to have a smoke! but thats not the reason anymore to post on this board! the main reason, you guys got close to me because we all share the same problem. don't stay in the back and expect the miracle to hit u in the face.
like the doc said. you can't change what you don't acknowledge!
with these words!
keep your stick on the ice!

east coast mario

August 9, 2005, 6:37 am CDT

Peter Jennings

Hi everyone.  Thought I would post about Peter Jennings.  Yes, Ann I heard that he died. (of course I did - it is in the news!) Very sad.  I think Lung cancer would be like drowning.  Death is such a scary thing.  I hope to go peacefully.  Sorry I don't mean to be morbid! 

I don't expect a miracle to hit me in the head.  But I know I will quit.  I have changed my quit date to August 16th, (from Sept) I know this has to be done.  Leasp, have you quit?  (you said you are reading these) Wonder where Shelly is and how she is doing?  Linda never did find us did she?  Janetpoof, I don't think she found us either.   

Last night it felt as though it was a cold winters night.  Brrrr!  Tongiht it is dropping to 2 degrees. Now that is cold!  LOL  Is summer over!  I have this terrible sore throat like I have never had before.  It scares me that maybe I have throat cancer!  Terible to have to think that way!  I know it is just a sore throat, but I can't help but think that.   

I have been busy, I am srtipping the paint off some 2 old bed side tables, almost have all the paint off them, then I will stain them.  The tables are for sure 60 yrs old.  The were my husbands grammas.  Also been getting ready and find some crap to put in a garage sale.  Also tring to plan some holidays, not sure where we are going to go yet, I have been looking on the internet to see where some local camprounds are.  (we are originally from another province so I am not familar with this area) 

Anyhow.....I wanted to say hi.  I am still reading, take care all! 

I will quit smoking in 6 days, 16 hours, 22 minutes and 1 seconds.
Tray 

August 9, 2005, 12:37 pm CDT

Checking IN

hey everyone...I must say I'm going thru a patch of anger today..got an email from Aggie, she's just too frustrated with the board to come back,I don't blame her..they really pooped in their mess kit as far as I'm concerned on this board..I don't give a flip about emotioncons, bla bla bla bla..anyway,, now that I have that off my chest..I am getting into gear today to get some stuff done I've been procrastinating..so I'm just about outta here.  Had my 2nd meeting on my 40th class reunion, we visited one of the sites we are considering and had some good bar-b-que..in two weeks, we're going to try another place we've scouted..it's fun to see some old faces and renew acquaintances..they are ALL non smokers if you believe..about 10 of them, glad I don't feel like the odd man out..anyway, we'll see, I'm doing this one day at a time..I came so close to buying a pack last night..but I just kept driving..I'm going around with no cash on me, so that helps..love to all..check in later, Ann 

Two days, 15 hours, 36 minutes and 39 seconds. 79 cigarettes not smoked, saving $14.31. Life saved: 6 hours, 35 minutes.

August 9, 2005, 12:42 pm CDT

Confused

well, I just posted a new message on 9 Aug at around 2:40 CDT..but when I go back i DONT' SEE IT..it looks like it might have thought it was a reply to an old message I wrote.guess I was in the wrong spot on the board to get a new post to take, so anyway..if anyone is interested I did post a new message a page or so back..love to all, Ann 

Two days, 15 hours, 42 minutes and 3 seconds. 79 cigarettes not smoked, saving $14.33. Life saved: 6 hours, 35 minutes.

August 9, 2005, 2:09 pm CDT

Just wanted to say...

Ann I am very happy for you that you have not lit up in over days!  yeah!!!!!!

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last