Message Boards

Topic : Trying to Quit Smoking?

Number of Replies: 951
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:54:00 am
Author : dataimport
You're not alone. Meet others who know just what you're going through, and together we'll get closer to Dr. Phil's vision for a smoke-free America.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2005, 11:45 am CDT

I hope this is the right board....

I wonder how many of you will find this board again?  I also wonder how many of you have still quit smoking since we haven't been able to support each other. I know that since I havent' been able to check in I have not even thought about trying.  Now that we are back in the game with the message boards, I know I will think about it again and give it another go with in the month.  How is everyone?  Please post if you are out thier!!! 

July 24, 2005, 5:14 pm CDT

found it

I wonder how many of you will find this board again? I also wonder how many of you have still quit smoking since we haven't been able to support each other. I know that since I havent' been able to check in I have not even thought about trying. Now that we are back in the game with the message boards, I know I will think about it again and give it another go with in the month. How is everyone? Please post if you are out thier!!!
 how are things on your side of the screen!?!
had my big 7M today!
keep your stick on the ice!
mario
ps dont know what to think of the new looks??!!

July 24, 2005, 9:49 pm CDT

Anyone else out there???

how are things on your side of the screen!?!
had my big 7M today!
keep your stick on the ice!
mario
ps dont know what to think of the new looks??!!

I am not sure what I think of this either.....Can I only reply with a quote?  Have to see what it looks like with a bunch of messages.  I am pretty confused at this point!  Have to get used to it I guess!

congrats on your 7months Mario!  Good Job!!!!!  I was just fooling around with that picture, saw where I could insert something, so I wanted to try it!  The good thing is we can now spell check!!!!  Hey I can even type in red!  And this...and this!  Ok enough....hope to hear from everyone soon! 

July 25, 2005, 12:06 am CDT

great to be back

Hi everyone;

Nice to be back and still smoke free!  Hope to see the entire crew back here soon!

Hugs from up North!

Aggie

July 25, 2005, 3:29 am CDT

hi Everyone

First Time Poster Here...

I am trying alot of boards this time...

I started out just on the depression board my first round,  now I'm posting on here I quit smoking on June 1, 05 and I have zero trouble.  I hope they have the on line Journals starting soon.. Because that helped me so much..  I am hitting the Yoga and self image because what I have noticed I look so much more sexy WITHOUT a ciggie hanging out my mouth and I smell better too hahahah and I'M not trying to quit I QUIT!  TRYING and doing are two different things in my mind...

You either or shall I say (I)  made a conscience decion to turn my LIFE and MY will OVER to MY HEAVENLY FATHER and NOT TAKE IT back..The day before JUNE 1, 05 My AUNT JUDI called me and told me she had LUNG cancer that scared me to death... That was all I needed.  I am 41 years old  I started smoking and being cool since I was 11 and cigarette's wasn't the only thing I was smoking if you catch my drift and I DID INHALE AND IDID like it.....xoxoxoxoIF I CAN GIVE THESE DEVIL STICKS UP YOU CAN TOO JOIN ME    xoxoxoxox LOVE LABEL FREE  DO IT FOR YOU YOUR WORTH IT!  DO IT FOR AUNT JUDI TOO!

July 25, 2005, 5:21 am CDT

YEAH THIS IS SOOOOO EXCITING

I have missed you guys terribly!!!! I haven't done it again yet but am aiming for a quit date within a week. I tried again while the board was down but to no avail.

I only have a quick second because my kids are going crazy but I will be back later to post again. Welcome to the new person....stay strong

Shelly

July 25, 2005, 6:01 am CDT

I don't like it!

Hey everyone...geez it was crazy trying to find you! And I missed reading and you guys so much...I was like man if they took us off I am going to protest! lol. I'm not caring for the site though, honestly. It might grow on me but I'm not really seeing improvement, just confusion! :O)

Well, I had my surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I have a check up then as well, not too excited about that. My doc will confirm for me that he got all the pre cancerious cells and that there are none anywhere else throughout my body. Help me pray.

So, I am wondering about everyone else now, I hope Ann is able to find us. Hey Tracey, Shelly Mario and Aggie. I saw you guys posted.... I feel like I've been out of town for a month or something and have missed what's going on with ya'll! Welcome to the new comer. There are great people here who will support you so post often.....

Hugs to you guys, it's nice to be back!

July 25, 2005, 6:43 am CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Glad you made it through the surgery!  I hope the out come is well.

I figured out how to post with out quoting someone!  Yeah for me!

Congrats on your quit for Aunt Judy! 

My youngest starts school this September. I have a plan.....I will have quit smoking by then, (close to Sept 1st is the date that I promise my self very seriously I will never smoke again!) The other big thing is, since I started working out of the house, (last Sept) I have gained 12 lbs, 6 of those is from when I quit smoking (back a few months ago) BOY TIME FLIES! Well once I drop ALL the kids off at school, I am headed for the gym, 3 times a week.  I am going to start my new healthy life, being smoke free and feeling great, and exersize, which should feel great as well!  That should also help keep my mind off of the cravings!  It seems so far away yet, but really it is not. 

I have been sitting here wondering about Ann, I sure hope she comes back - she was just quitting when we lost this baord......

And Linda she was having some cravings too?

At first I was checking everyday to see if I could get one here, then after a while I wouldn't check as often!  GLAD TO BE BACK AND HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AGAIN!!!!!

July 25, 2005, 8:47 am CDT

Past my anniversary

I quit July 10th 2004.. my one year anniversary was 2 weeks ago.... now how do I get my wife to quit? ..or rather.... what can I do to make her want to quit? I know I spent a year smoking and not enjoying it, just being addicted before I got to a place where quitting was "easy" I was ready. She tells me she still "enjoys smoking" is there anything I can do?

July 25, 2005, 8:57 am CDT

At last

thanks Aggie for sending me the link..I never would have found it..I'm really ticked off at these people, first they just pull the board with no notice and then don't give you the info you need to get back to the board..I'm glad some of us are smater than them and found it..I'll post more later..love to all!!! Ann

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last