Message Boards

Topic : Trying to Quit Smoking?

Number of Replies: 951
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:54:00 am
Author : dataimport
You're not alone. Meet others who know just what you're going through, and together we'll get closer to Dr. Phil's vision for a smoke-free America.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 9:25 am CDT

why the change?

looking around, i really don't like what i see. like it was said before. the boards got shut down with no notice! and unless you know where to look for, there is no way back!
i missed you guys alot but i don't think i'm going to post as often. thanks to the great people that shut us down.
keep your stick on the ice!
mario 7M 1D 13h

July 25, 2005, 9:30 am CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

I quit July 10th 2004.. my one year anniversary was 2 weeks ago.... now how do I get my wife to quit? ..or rather.... what can I do to make her want to quit? I know I spent a year smoking and not enjoying it, just being addicted before I got to a place where quitting was "easy" I was ready. She tells me she still "enjoys smoking" is there anything I can do?

Congrats on your one year!!!!!!  It must feel great to be a non - smoker for that long!  You must have a lot of power to have been able to quit while your wife was still smoking.  I quit for 3 weeks, my husband still smoking, I could of been smoke free if it wasn't for him!  (I shouldn't blame him, it was my own fault) Everyone has their different ways of deciding whether or not they should quit.  I know the thing that did it for me was when my husband said "you can't quit. Yeah right, you are going to quit"  That stuck in my head and that is what made me do it.  I wish he would say it again, then maybe I could quit!  I still enjoying smoking.  I guess you have to quit when you are ready.  But go to whyquit . com and show her some of the pictures of people's stories their.  It is pretty sad and disgusting might make her think twice!  Good luck,,,,,

Ann, how are you doing with your quit!?  I know what you mean about taking this away!

July 25, 2005, 11:23 am CDT

THIS IS A CROCK

I'm so aggravated at this new site. MAN! I don't like it at all! Congrats to Mario....big dawg going on 7 months!! :O) That's great man,....keep doing ya thing. So, let me make sure I'm right... is tray00 Tracey? I am pretty sure, but it said she has been quit for 3 weeks!!! Not that I doubt it, it was just the last time I posted she was struggling so I wanted to congradulate you for 3 weeks! Anyways, I got on to read from you guys and got frustrated again over how confusing and crappy this new site is. I wonder if it would do any good for us all to send an email and tell them? Probably not!

July 25, 2005, 11:54 am CDT

No, I did quit for 3 weeks

Thought I would clarify, I quit for 3 weeks, and if it wasn't for hubby I would still be.  BUT I WISH!!!  LOL

I am so confused with this new look.  I don't know if I am missing messages....of what!!!!

Remember when someone said there was another site we could go to for quitting smoking and a few of us went to it, well the reason I didn't like it was because it was like this.  I like the idea that we can change stuff but otherwise, this is really confussing! 

July 25, 2005, 12:10 pm CDT

been trying....

Been trying to post a message but I keep loosing it.  When I click "edit" the message dissapears.  So here goes for the last time........

Hi Ann;

No, not to crazy about this "new"site either.  It should be called "confusing site".  Yes it would have been so easy for anyone to have posted, letting us all know that the message board was coming down for a while. Little inconsiderate things like this make life a little harder for an addict.  During all this time (trying to stay smoke free and not being able to post), I wondered how all my friends were doing and who exactly the message board was really for....us or the Dr. Phil Show. Complicated and confusing!!

That having been said, I hope that everyone else will be able to find the new site. Welcome to the new comers.  Good luck to all those on the verge of trying to quit for the first time or again.  Hugs to everyone from up north. 

Aggie

July 26, 2005, 5:17 am CDT

One more of the gang is here

Hi Everyone,

I had a hard time, trying to log in.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Linda

Formerly (Teka12)

Three months, three weeks, four days, 11 hours, 15 minutes and 49 seconds. 2819 cigarettes not smoked, saving $532.65. Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 18 hours, 55 minutes.

July 26, 2005, 11:02 am CDT

I don't understand!!!!!

I posted a message 2 seconds ago and then went to find it and it was gone....I was talking about how we should give the site a chance...but now I am not sure. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyway...I plan on quitting tonight again...... I also sent my love to all and told you all how I missed you guys and I apologized for pulling into myself lately and being selfish...

I had a huge post and now it is gone....I don't like it....why fix something that wasn't broke! Dr. Phil talks about support well I don't know about you guys but it wasn't very supportive to cut people off like that without any warning.

Sorry for ranting and raving but geez now I am pissed.

I will post later when I am in a better mood!

Good Wishes being sent to you all.

Shelly

July 26, 2005, 11:09 am CDT

are we having fun yet???

hey everyone..read the most current posts..I too last night had written this loooong post, catching you up on my life and little messages to everyone..I went back a page to check what someone had said and wham, I lost all my message too..anyway, that's my gripe, maybe it will get ironed out I hope so..the main thing is that we are back together..:) and for that I am grateful..I'll write more later and catch everyone up..good luck tonight Shelly..I swear Rick and I are going to put all we have into quitting on 1 August..he's more ready than I am this time, but I will get back on the patch..this has been the most confusing time of my life in a long time..picking up again and then not being able to get back to the determination I had in February..anyway, enuff out of me, love you all and welcome to the new people..PLEASE stick with us, we need you..xoxoxo Ann

I will quit smoking in 5 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes and 50 seconds.

July 26, 2005, 11:11 am CDT

One more thing!!!

I have this in my "favs' on my computer, but in case I lose it, how did you all find the board..did you start at the Home page?  please let me know the first time anyone gets a chance..thanks..xoxoxo Ann

July 26, 2005, 11:41 am CDT

hey Ann

Quote From: annpar55

I have this in my "favs' on my computer, but in case I lose it, how did you all find the board..did you start at the Home page? please let me know the first time anyone gets a chance..thanks..xoxoxo Ann

Hey Ann,

I am soo glad to hear you and Rick will quit again on the 1st...your comment on how you weren't sure you were ready reminded me a lot of the first post of yours I responded too....remember....."not sure if I am strong enough" well I said then and I will say even with more authority now......"you are strong enough"

I too had put little messages to everyone in my post...I guess I will have lots of time tomorrow to send everyone little messages.

So as to your question...on the home page it has a message board link then go to support and then it lists about 4 support groups and there we are!!!!

btw I have meant to tell you...the picture didn't come through!!!!

Lots of Love

Shelly

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last