Message Boards

Topic : Trying to Quit Smoking?

Number of Replies: 951
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:54:00 am
Author : dataimport
You're not alone. Meet others who know just what you're going through, and together we'll get closer to Dr. Phil's vision for a smoke-free America.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 27, 2005, 8:39 am CDT

Where do you all click the 'Post a Message ' block

good morning everyone..I'm trying to figure out where to click the button..before I've been clicking at the  bottom , this time I clicked at the top..they don't seem to register where I  post..oh well, I had an awful awful night..my granddaughter for some reason got freaked out over a green light in our kitchen..her other grandmother is a sci fi nut and CAss was afraid aliens were after her..I didn't think I'd ever get her calm down, then the dogs, o'vey..anyway..I'll be back later after I drop this little fellow off at the shelter..they were all at it at  7:30 this am. and my husband is in a pissy mood from not enough sleep..I'll need to talk later, love to all..Ann

I will quit smoking in 4 days, 21 hours, 20 minutes and 22 seconds.

July 27, 2005, 9:18 am CDT

half way through first day

Quote From: mommacros

You know it is crazy....I am sitting here having a very big fight with myself....this little voice...and we all know which one... is saying to me....just go and buy some......quit when you start work again.....it will be easier then... I know logically that it won't be easier at anytime.....I just have to continue taking it one moment at a time.....but dang that nicodemon sure is strong...it almost feels stronger this time than it did the first time I quit....Is it possible for it to get stronger each time you try to quit?

I feel about ready to climb the walls. My teeth hurt, my skin hurts, my head hurts......perhaps if I stop wallowing in it and go do something it will get easier. I just don't want to leave the house because the temptation will be there to go buy some.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Shelly 12 hours, 22 minutes and 45 seconds. 10 cigarettes not smoked, saving $4.12. Life saved: 50 minutes.
IS THAT ALL?

are you going cold turkey! i know it ain't easy! but not too long ago you had it figured out! what is the prob. hubby giving you a hard time! I'm to the point know that i can sit in the car with a bunch of people smoking their brains out and it doesn't bug me too much! my addiction to food came under control after i made myself not to eat after 8 pm (TV time on the couch) it ain't easy! having somebody sitting next to you chewing on fresh popped popcorn. you have to reprogram your brain. (that goes for everybody out there !

IT IS DOABLE! BUT IT TAKES TIME AND PATIENT!

the new look of this site and our board! there is nothing we can do to change it! think about it!
we are talking about an multimillion dollar organization! unless they profit from us, they are not going to change it! why it was shut down for such a long time ! it seems the designer of this site didn't learn in school that you can update sites in the background!!!

but i can say one positive thing about this interruption!
this board helped ! i got attached to each and everyone of you guys in a different way! but there is more out there!

Shelly, few years back i worked in a bar as a bouncer and smoked a whole 25 pack in a 7 hour shift!
having the life now without the smokes! i love it! yes i get the cravings! the thoughts! the anxiety! but guess what !! give up anything that really means something to you, and you will have the same withdraw!

keep your stick on the ice!

Mario, 7M 3D

July 27, 2005, 11:13 am CDT

hey Ann

Quote From: annpar55

good morning everyone..I'm trying to figure out where to click the button..before I've been clicking at the  bottom , this time I clicked at the top..they don't seem to register where I  post..oh well, I had an awful awful night..my granddaughter for some reason got freaked out over a green light in our kitchen..her other grandmother is a sci fi nut and CAss was afraid aliens were after her..I didn't think I'd ever get her calm down, then the dogs, o'vey..anyway..I'll be back later after I drop this little fellow off at the shelter..they were all at it at  7:30 this am. and my husband is in a pissy mood from not enough sleep..I'll need to talk later, love to all..Ann

I will quit smoking in 4 days, 21 hours, 20 minutes and 22 seconds.

Sounds like an interesting evening!!!!!

I think I almost have it figured out...when you first get onto the boards.....on the right hand side is the log in button....click that.....it will ask for your password.....enter it then submit....then when you want to post or reply to a message you just click on what you want and it takes you right in.

I know.....so much easier than before.

I am still hanging tough

Shelly

July 27, 2005, 11:18 am CDT

Hi Mario

Quote From: manomania

are you going cold turkey! i know it ain't easy! but not too long ago you had it figured out! what is the prob. hubby giving you a hard time! I'm to the point know that i can sit in the car with a bunch of people smoking their brains out and it doesn't bug me too much! my addiction to food came under control after i made myself not to eat after 8 pm (TV time on the couch) it ain't easy! having somebody sitting next to you chewing on fresh popped popcorn. you have to reprogram your brain. (that goes for everybody out there !

IT IS DOABLE! BUT IT TAKES TIME AND PATIENT!

the new look of this site and our board! there is nothing we can do to change it! think about it!
we are talking about an multimillion dollar organization! unless they profit from us, they are not going to change it! why it was shut down for such a long time ! it seems the designer of this site didn't learn in school that you can update sites in the background!!!

but i can say one positive thing about this interruption!
this board helped ! i got attached to each and everyone of you guys in a different way! but there is more out there!

Shelly, few years back i worked in a bar as a bouncer and smoked a whole 25 pack in a 7 hour shift!
having the life now without the smokes! i love it! yes i get the cravings! the thoughts! the anxiety! but guess what !! give up anything that really means something to you, and you will have the same withdraw!

keep your stick on the ice!

Mario, 7M 3D

Thanks for the encouragement Mario!!!!! It is great to hear about how things keep getting easier for you. It really gives us...who have fallen, a glimmer of hope.

I will keep my stick on the ice this time for sure.

Shelly

16 hours, 50 minutes and 30 seconds. 14 cigarettes not smoked, saving $5.61. Life saved: 1 hour, 10 minutes.

July 27, 2005, 11:22 am CDT

Talk to you all soon

Just wanted to let everyone know that the family and I are going to Canada's Wonderland and to visit at my sister in-law's house until Sat or Sun. They have a non smoking home.....so I am very excited because I know I will get the bad part over and strengthen my resolve.

My oldest son is bouncing off the walls with excitement....he can't wait to go on the rides!!!! To tell the truth.....neither can I!!!!!!!

Love to all

Shelly

16 hours, 53 minutes and 46 seconds. 14 cigarettes not smoked, saving $5.63. Life saved: 1 hour, 10 minutes.

July 27, 2005, 9:49 pm CDT

checking in

I've finally come off the walls tonight..what a rough day..these are the days I just survive and even the cigs don't help..I did go to an AlAnon meeting, but I just faked it..i was so upset over the little dog..I would have kept him if we could accomodate three dogs, but we've tried having three many times and it just doesn't work..Cass is all calmed down from her freak out last night..i just let her stay in her gown all day..after her shower she just put it back on and chilled..she could stay on the computer for hours..Rick has chilled out and I've spent some time in prayer and meditation for the doggie..I'm a sucker for an abandoned animal..Shelly, I hope you have a great vacation, you deserve it..we're leaving Monday morning ourselves..we have this old model RV, it ain't much to look at , but it runs and it has cold air conditioning, that's all I need..we will be gone until Friday..I'm looking forward to getting out of our routine and just hanging out with Rick..it's so great to have the board back, even with all it's quirks..love to all, I'll check in tomorrow..xoxoxo Ann

July 28, 2005, 5:08 am CDT

Mario, way to go !!!!

Good Morning To All,

"having the life now without the smokes! i love it! yes i get the cravings! the thoughts! the anxiety! but guess what !! give up anything that really means something to you, and you will have the same withdraw!
Mario, that was a fantasic saying !!! That is so true in every sence. Deep meaning in that group of words. Thank you.

Linda

Three months, three weeks, six days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 49 seconds. 2867 cigarettes not smoked, saving $541.70. Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes.

July 28, 2005, 6:50 am CDT

Shelly where are you going?

Canada's wonderland?  I thought that was the mall here in Edmonton!  LOL 

Hope you have a fun time, and I wish you all the best on smoking! (or rather not smoking)

July 28, 2005, 6:56 am CDT

I need to vent!

You know what makes me mad?  We live in a cudesac.  (like a crescent but not really) Anyhow, theire is just enough room for me to park my van in front of MY house.  And just enough room for my neighbor to park in front of thier house.  Our bumbers are lined right up if we both park properly.  Ok, so the neighbor also has a car on the one side of thier driveway that they DO NOT drive.  So parking on the street and overlapping with the car in thier driveway wouldn't matter becasue they don't drive the one in the driveway.  My problem is they park in both spots on the road and then I can't park in front of my own house because they are taking up both spaces with one car.  I have said before that "you know if you pull up two feet, I we could fit two cars their"  But yet it is like they don't have any respect to do so.  I don't park in front of thier house, I park in front of my own house.  I park thier EVERY singel day, but if I am gone, and they come home they park in the middle.  It really makes me mad!

Thanks.....it probably won't help to vent, but don't you think they could be more respectful and pull up a bit!

Hope you all are having a good day!

July 28, 2005, 8:22 am CDT

Wonder if janetpoof will find us....

Just putting the word out thier Janet that we are looking for you!  (maybe you will hear this!!!!)

JANET,,,,JANET<<<<<JANET>>>>>> where are you???

LOL

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last