Message Boards

Topic : 05/23 Secret Love: The Aftermath

Number of Replies: 209
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:42:38 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It was the affair that rocked the DrPhil.com message boards. Bettie says her husband, John, destroyed her trust when he had a six-month relationship with her sister, Molly — an affair that occurred under Bettie’s own roof! John and Bettie are back, and now they have a new family feud. Bettie says her relationship with her mom, Virginia, has been strained since they last appeared on the show. Bettie says she feels a lot of resentment toward her mother for protecting Molly while Molly was having an affair with John. Bettie and John are trying to heal their relationship and move on, but they say Virginia keeps interfering by calling their kids to pump them for information about their marriage. Now, Bettie doesn’t want her children to see or speak to Virginia until they turn 18. Plus, find out what makes Virginia storm offstage. Can Virginia be a positive part of John and Bettie’s life, or should she stay out for good? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 23, 2007, 1:38 pm CDT

Distance Yourself From those Who Do YOU harm

Quote From: roni247

She does not need to forget about her sister. She is family, if she was strong enough to stay with her husband, then have a small relationship with her sister, just keep a close eye on them both, it takes two. Life goes on and you have to forgive and never forget. What does not kill us makes us stronger.
I think this young lady needs to file for divorce, and simply distance herself from her cheating husband, her sister and ANYONE else who hurts her!!!! If someone hurts you, whether it be mentally or physically, you need to distance yourself from them. The old saying "Forgive and Forget" is a CROCK!!!!!  She will be healthier and happier if she get's away from all of those who have done her harm in ANY fashion. And that's a fact that is undisputed. I hope she uses her brain and cuts her good for NOTHING-CHEATING husband loose, and cuts ties with family members who are killing her soul.

May 23, 2007, 1:45 pm CDT

Wow!

I learned far more about John and his personal business than I ever wanted to know. I can see the problem  quite well. I think I will go and mind my own business now. Whew!  

May 23, 2007, 1:53 pm CDT

unrelated

i remember a show where a couple on his show were on b/c the wife wanted kids and the husband didnt b/c he didnt feel ready. Tehy were only in their late 20s. Dr, Phil told the husband he was wrong and they should have kids. I was stunned  b/c the husband will only resent the wife if he isnt ready and i think this is a recipe for divorce!

May 23, 2007, 1:53 pm CDT

05/23 Secret Love: The Aftermath

This mother is clearly out of control and totally toxic. The couple definitely need boundaries set up. And if it entails breaking off the mother and daughter's relationship, even if temporary, so be it. She is one ugly spirited woman.

May 23, 2007, 1:56 pm CDT

Virgina is a stubborn person.. can someone please just tell her that! She is unbelievable and she won't listen because she knows she's wrong. Does anyone know what she said about betties husband and the garage? type it on here if u know

May 23, 2007, 1:58 pm CDT

also her husband is much better since he loves her now and won't cheat. HE HAS CHANGED

May 23, 2007, 2:01 pm CDT

Why?

Why do some people go to all lengths to cover up for an affair?  Why is it that people convince others that they can do no wrong, yet they are doing all sorts of horrible things?  If you want to go off and have an affair, get divorced first and spare your family from the agonies of an affair.  Telling lies to cover your tracks is not only dishonest, it's stupid.  Yeah, you may have people convinced that you are doing all good and that you're all that, but one day the awful way you treat your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancee will come back to haunt you.   It's wrong to pit parents against their own children, to fool people into defending your every move.  There is no excuse for having an affiar, and nobody has the right to do that.  If you want to be a player, stay single.  It's better off for everyone involved.

May 23, 2007, 2:02 pm CDT

Quote From: joshlovesjulia

Virgina is a stubborn person.. can someone please just tell her that! She is unbelievable and she won't listen because she knows she's wrong. Does anyone know what she said about betties husband and the garage? type it on here if u know
She said that he was out there smoking pot.

May 23, 2007, 2:03 pm CDT

Time out

I really hope that Bettie and John work things out, not only for the kids but also for themsleves.  Maybe it would help Bettie and Virginia to take a time out for a while and then try to talk things out; to try and salvage their relationship, maybe family therapy will help.  Best wishes to all.

May 23, 2007, 2:05 pm CDT

husband/garage

Quote From: joshlovesjulia

she said that John, his stepson, his friends and her exhusband smoked pot together in the garage

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last