Message Boards

Topic : 05/30 Ask the Authors

Number of Replies: 235
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 25, 2007, 01:13:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil, along with authors Nancy Davis, Mitch Albom and Dr. Dan Siegel, share their secrets for living without regret and finding true happiness even when faced with a challenge. When you get married, it's '’til death do us part, in sickness and in health,’ but what if all of a sudden your spouse is diagnosed with an illness? When Nicole found out she had Multiple Sclerosis, she accepted her fate and learned to adapt. Her husband, Sal, has had a difficult time coming to terms with his younger wife's diagnosis. He says he wants to be supportive and help out, but is he really contributing to Nicole's declining health? Nancy Davis, who also has Multiple Sclerosis, shares her advice for helping this couple heal their marriage. Next, do you find yourself screaming, yelling and cussing with your teenager? Dana says her daughter, Whitney, changed overnight. Her grades went down, she started missing curfew, and she's been caught drinking and smoking. Dr. Dan Siegel shares the secrets for communicating with children and putting an end to the constant fighting. And, chances are you've read one of his nine best-selling books, seen one of his two critically-acclaimed films or tuned into his weekly radio program. Author Mitch Albom discusses his latest novel, For One More Day. Hear the story of a Dr. Phil viewer whose life changed after she read the book. Plus, Dr. Phil gives a previous guest a surprise that makes her already sunny smile shine even brighter! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 9, 2007, 1:04 pm CDT

MS

Quote From: momof7wms

I am happy you are doing so well BUT remember ms is different for everyone. I have only been diagnosed for 2 yrs and I am already in a wheel chair. I have progressive MS so it is much worse then relaping remitting. I pray that your MS doesnt progress, but you never know. Your right ALS would be much worse, but for many of us our MS is so bad, there is nothing worse at the moment. Yes it can be controlled if you have a controlable type ms, but for many of us with progressive and have done chemo and other things, there is NOTHING out there to control it right now.
I have MS for 7 years now, it doesn't seem that you haven't been through the hard times. Which I hope you never do.  I have been unable to walk or move my arm. I have 2 children and it is hard to take care of them. My husband had 2 cousins that has died with this Disease. I'm unable to take the injection for treatment, somedays I can't evening get out of bed do to pain.

December 25, 2007, 5:39 pm CST

Talk to your teen

I have to say your mom is right you go to school for you not for her and iwould agree with Dr Phil because your friends will not be around. So I know it is hard your mom was a teenager.   Your friends won't give you rent and give you a job. Tour mom is preparing you for the future. Because one day your mom won't be around. And you have to do chores for yourself mom is not going to clean your room for you. And she won't be there to clean your room so I would rather listen to my momm before it would be too late

December 25, 2007, 5:55 pm CST

I lost my mother

Quote From: philfan66

Please, please, please listen to what Dr. Phil is saying.  I see myself in you.  You are at the age of rebellion, and you need to realize that your mom is only speaking from experience and the knowledge that comes from being an adult.  She is not on your case because she is trying to be mean.  One thing we learn as we age is that we didn't know everything we thought we did, and we want so much to keep our younger counterparts from making the mistakes we made.

I grew up with a single mom, and we were in counseling by the time I was 15.  I just refused to listen and I did NOT like authority.  The counseling was great for us, although we did discontinue it as my mom was ill, and I was a real pill between 16-18.  Just as my mom and I were becoming friends, she died when I was 20.  That was it for me.  I had no choice but to grow up.  I regret so much that now, at the age of 40, it still breaks my heart. 

Please take school seriously, and take what your mom says seriously, because all of it is for YOUR benefit.  Good luck to you both.

Whitney

You don't know if your mother will be around. Look you only have one mother. So don't take things for granted because you won't find another mother.

So Study and one day you will apprciate her if she is around. My question what did your mom do to make you angry

December 25, 2007, 6:00 pm CST

I know someone

Quote From: toggol

Hi, my Mom has MS and I think Nancy's book is so enlightening and her medical ID card is so important to have. Along with MS, my mother also has many allergies. How can I receive more information on her Medical ID card? Having this card, would give me such a sense of relief knowing that if anything happens to her the doctors would know what her condition is. I think it's a great idea to have a card like this for the whole family whether they have an illness or not.
Jenny's mom had ms when she was 52 and 6 years later she died. A retired teacher's daughter had MS when she was in her early 20's now she is 35 and medications don't cut it anymore

December 25, 2007, 6:48 pm CST

I have to say

Idon't like rules but I have to follow them and there will be days you will agree and there will be days you will disagree. 05/30/07. One day you will be paying your own bills. Nothing is handed to you

First | Prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next Page | Last Page