Message Boards

Topic : Bipolar Disorder

Number of Replies: 6639
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:57:16 am
Author : dataimport

Patients suffering from Bipolar disorder face many difficult challenges. Share your story and get support from those who understand.

If you believe you need immediate assistance, please call your local emergency number or crisis hotline listed in your local phone book's government pages. You can also find more help on our General and Mental Health Resources page

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 5:07 am CDT

Kalie

Looks like many of us are feeling under the weather. It is easy for misunderstandings to happen and people to be easily hurt, especially with us bipolars. I know that I am extremely oversensitive right now and it is affecting things with my roommate. Glad to see that you came back and clarified. Helps relieve any hurt feelings caused by misunderstandings. Hope that you are feeling better soon.

Hey, I'm having fun with actually being able to post pics. Could never do that on the other board as I didn't know how.

Kalie

Hi kalie how are you i am not feeling much better at all.I guess the depression is kinds winning this week.LOL. Anyhow i am seeing a nathropath dr.She does some treatments for me to try change the moods a bit.talk soon again .I love your kitty pics.LOL. anyhow have you spoken to EM  yet i haven't seen her on yet .lots of luv from here .cathy

July 25, 2005, 5:24 am CDT

wow!!!!

Did everyone over here lose there tongues or what .LOL. Not much going on over here today or yet i guess .chat soon again .cathy oh ya my sis was diagnosed with the disorder too .For those of you that were wondering .

July 25, 2005, 5:57 am CDT

poor dragon

my poor little dragon has a cold he sneezed his way off the page .LOL.lets try this again.As i was saying i don't know if he caught a chill from yesterday.LOL Just kidding .later cathy

July 25, 2005, 5:59 am CDT

em

hey EM where are you i miss you .later cathy

July 25, 2005, 6:12 am CDT

well done

I always just say "it's morning, because i'm not much for GOOD MORNING, LOL

The heart strings are tightening for me with Matt gone. We had a discussion last night on the phone where i basically denied him to stay here until his new roommate/apt opens up. It is so confusing and difficult on Lorelei and it is very hard to see the internal damage children get from a parent coming and going and just feeling the tension and pain. It hurts me so VERY much to tell him NO i can't help you when i know he has nowhere to go. Its a 5 day spread, but i have been THERE for him for 3 years whatever he needed i gave my own needs a back seat and i cannot do it anymore. My life is down to being a 31 year old woman with a two year old child to raise all on my own. I cannot describe the anguish and despair, just for not being able to DO IT. To keep my family together. I feel like someone took a grave digging shovel and hollowed out my insides. I PHYSICALLY feel scraped out and like there is an awfully painful vacancy there. Matt and I were soulmates in a big way and then we grew and changed, only not together and now we are not. Not anything.

So enough about me, there really arent words to describe what i am feelling. I can only shove through the dull ache, fears and sadness.

Kalie, man I am so sorry you are in a pile yourself. It was not long ago when i could not afford my meds and i was a mess and you were so sympathetic. I feel for you VERY MUCH. What meds do you take? At least themost important ones? Maybe there is "somebody that can help somehow..." on the board...

The CAS stuff and all that is just ugly, and it surely is dragging you down. It sounds like a very unhealthy situation for you to be in,,,,, i cannot say what you should do, but if your roommates boyfriend is causeing YOU pain and stress I can't think of anything good about it...

Tammy: thanks for reaching out.

Faith: I seem to be on the rollercoaster you are on, i feel like it willpick up by tomorrow. ;) Maybe a little green man with "pouchy lips will come along... LOl

JENN: I am still waiting for mY PURPLE PILLS, LOL and i see you are thinking of me, as I am you, its just very hard for me right now to really accomplish anything. I WANT to try to submit for Dr Phils show. It is actually a GOAL in capital letters i hopei can find the drive to look for it and sign up or whatever.

KATHYDREAM: I am ashamed to admit i am jealouos of your lortab, i could use a happy pill right now, something to stop me thinking and aching. Not physical ache, but did you know lortab help with heartache too? LOL It is not funny to jopke about your pain meds, and i never take any pills or anything, but i was remembering the days... when there was nothing a pain pill or 5 wouldnt fix.

Not so anymore.

Hey! I'm ok! don't I always say that? I have sold my baby's crib so i can buy food and diapers. I have also gotten 2 local recurring jobs doing cleaning for some elderly or disabled people so i have that. I had advertised to take on child care but not really wanting to do it. I like to keep my stress level low. But i will do what i have to to keep my child in comfort, and so will MATT,its just financially desoalte for him right now having to comeup with large sums of $$ just to move out and get a place, like i said we are working together, so the child support will come as he can afford to live himself and pay me as well.

It's morning.

;( Beka

WELL DONE BEKA – stay stong you are being sooo brave

July 25, 2005, 6:28 am CDT

Jesse I am a mom of a 14 yr bper

i have a bi polar child that was misdiagnosed for years.finally at 15 he was diagnosed they said he had adhd what a crock

Hi, I am a 31 year old mother of a 14 year old diagnosed with bipolar, post traumatic stress disorder and anxiety disorder in 2003.

My daughter is stable now after 2 years of med trials.

If you need any info, support, venting, etc please contact me

Tammy

mommaoof2@yahoo.com

Hoep to hear from you soon :)

July 25, 2005, 6:30 am CDT

EM sighting

Just to let everyone know I communicate with EM on occasion and last check she is still around.

I too hope she will pop up around here, we all love and miss her. :)

Until then please know she is ok

Tammy

July 25, 2005, 6:32 am CDT

to everyone else this morning

I hope everyone got a good nights sleep and can start the day fresh and clean :)

no more jabs at anyone it doesn't help. We are all going through personal things right now and I know bipolars tend to be overor hypersensitive so we should really just go by what my mom taught me if you don't have anything nice to say don't speak or

pick and choice your words wisely once they leave your mouth (or fingers) you can't take them back...(at least until we have a delete button)

Have a blessed day

Tam

July 25, 2005, 6:33 am CDT

for the board

looks like the board needs another chill pill

now now ladies settle down we all get easily offended as we are all moody little ********* we need to learn to think about what we are saying and not take things so personal.

YEAH RIGHT

thats what makes this board so fun we all have our opinions and they change constantly.

where is the enigma - TED where are you!!!!!!!!!

July 25, 2005, 6:35 am CDT

ya wheres ted when we need him :)

looks like the board needs another chill pill

now now ladies settle down we all get easily offended as we are all moody little ********* we need to learn to think about what we are saying and not take things so personal.

YEAH RIGHT

thats what makes this board so fun we all have our opinions and they change constantly.

where is the enigma - TED where are you!!!!!!!!!

He alwasy has such wise advise, maybe we scared him with our bickering.

I know when I get moody my hubby hides from me :) LMAO

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last