Message Boards

Topic : Bipolar Disorder

Number of Replies: 6639
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:57:16 am
Author : dataimport

Patients suffering from Bipolar disorder face many difficult challenges. Share your story and get support from those who understand.

If you believe you need immediate assistance, please call your local emergency number or crisis hotline listed in your local phone book's government pages. You can also find more help on our General and Mental Health Resources page

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 3:42 am CDT

LOL

My writing style has changed.  Now I type these messages like short IM's.  Maybe this board will grow on me but at the moment it's bugging me again.  I'm out of here.  Everyone have a super day. 

Oh...my bio:  I struggle with bipolar2 and it sucks.  LOL

July 23, 2005, 4:35 am CDT

Good morning OLD AND NEW friends

Even in the light of day this board is much more difficult to understand, less clarity of whos posting what and when...disappearing posts and weird stuff.  To me it feels like a downgrade from the simnple and totally working system we had, now THIS message board is in the same format as all the other generic boards to post on out there.  I guess thats being judgemental, but its very very awkward to use.

Im jut going to POST every time, and NOT REPLY.  SO LOOK FOR YOUR NAME.
 I was tickled to see Tammy here, and Brooke, and Kalie, even tho your life sounds hellish, and i KNOW Brookes life is hellish. 

KALIE: WHY ARE YOU NOT ON MEDS? arent you in canada where meds are free?  I feel awful for ALL the crap you have gone through lately. It seems when it rains it pours.  Imso sorry you have been in a downslope.  ugh

RHAMMATTEL: I have had only a chance to glance at your post and still trying to figure out the new board, but i will definitely reply with some advice later.  ;)

just keep looking!

AUST: I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad yo are back you had disapeared for a while there. 
and thanks for the men.

ABout me

I am reduced on tegrttol to 500 mgs, i have kicked matt out again, and it is just lorelei and I trying to hit every food bank in town for enough food and diapers to last us.  Poor Matt, he is really  sad and it influences me so ,much, i HATE to see him sad, it is hard to remember that he caused me to want him out when he is so "defeated".  I mean, i dont care how broke i am, I have LORELEI, and he does love her more than anything.  It  hurts him so much to be away from her, but i am SURE i have to make this stick this time.  I love him, i do, but we do not make each other happy, we just make each other miserable.  and it is the saddest thing in the world when love is not enough. 

JENN: I aw you posted i have gotten lost trying to go back a nd forth and stuff, i have to go back and read it.

CRANBERRY: I saw you too-peek a boo.  (a game i am good at.)

Beka
P>S.  REMEMBER< I THINK I AM JUST GOING TO POST TO PEOPLE STRAIGHT UP< NOT THIS REPLY WIRTH QUOTE CRAP>  SO JUST LOOK FOR YOUR NAME>  WELL see as the board gets us broken in.  But if first impresssions count, im not pleased at all.

so im sour grapes now.

I hope you have your cheese
Beka

July 23, 2005, 5:22 am CDT

Faith

I have spent the morning cooking up a lot of food for Matt because he has no kitchen.  And it was food i dont eat or lorelei either, my diet and such. I am feeling down. sad.  I didnt want this to end.  But i dont want to go on being so angry.  Its realy really hard.  It was awful last night when Lorelei talked to him on the phone and said "I miss you Daddy". Those ae the parts that hurt like hell.

so I am sticking to my plan, but it hurts.  It hurts to send away someone you love because it doesnt wor.

Im ok, ill be n later.

Beka

July 23, 2005, 7:09 am CDT

Make

Hi to all!

New to messaage boards, be patient Please...

What I have read thus far, I imagine you all make a new quotable saying constantly!!!

It may take awhile but it's great when you hear it back.

Be Proud of being different.

ToodlePip

k_hadijah

July 23, 2005, 7:53 am CDT

Welcome!!

Hi to all!

New to messaage boards, be patient Please...

What I have read thus far, I imagine you all make a new quotable saying constantly!!!

It may take awhile but it's great when you hear it back.

Be Proud of being different.

ToodlePip

k_hadijah

Welcome to the new board.  As you probably have read we are struggling with this new format.  We usually aren't so crabby.  lol

I like your statement "Be proud of being different."  I'm just getting to the acceptance part of the disorder...it's not a "disorder"..it's just me.  My new word:  "Exuberant"...  effusive in feeling or expression; lavish; overflowing.....    I'm not manic...I live life with great exuberance!!!

Peace on your day!

July 23, 2005, 8:53 am CDT

TOOAOBB12

Hi jen just wanted to say hi.HI!!!! WELCOME BACK .CHAT SOON AGAIN .CATHY

July 23, 2005, 10:30 am CDT

AWWWWWWWWWWW STORM

I SOOOOOOOOlove the pic you posted, nothing made me happier today... besides going outside with Lorelei and seeing my hot neighbor who "just happens" tobe out when i am!  LOL  wouldnt that be nice.

B

July 23, 2005, 12:21 pm CDT

JEN

Hi jen just wanted to say hi.HI!!!! WELCOME BACK .CHAT SOON AGAIN .CATHY

WHATA'S UP WITH YOU JEN HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU LATELY.CHAT SOON AGAIN I GUESS.

July 23, 2005, 5:15 pm CDT

will this work i won't hold my breath

July 23, 2005, 11:39 pm CDT

Schizophrenic Son

I tried to reply to you once before, but I guess it didn't work. I can only imagine the hell that you and your family have been through. It must have been hell during the time that your son was gone and you didn't know how he was doing. I am happy that the people at the party were understanding and able to remain calm, because as you said, that would have escalated the situation much quicker. It is unfortunate that your husband jumped in the pool with your son, and lucky that neither was hurt at that point. Although I do see his point where he was angry. Destruction of property, especially something you worked hard for doesn't just hurt financially. I can't imagine the terror you went through, not to mention the hurt you must have felt when you son held you with the knife. It is lucky you were able to escape from you. And the horror you must have felt seeing your son injured when they were finally able to take control of him. I don't think they did him any good by putting him in jail though. I do agree that he needs to be accountable for his actions. Obviously, he was not in his right mind when he did what he did. I am happy to hear that you remained by his side. I guess the reason I feel this way is I'm an R.N. at the jail here. I see so many of the inmates with mental illnesses, mental delays, illiteracy, horrific events in their lives. Some of them just don't belong there. This isn't to say that I condone any of their behavior or say they are not accountable. Only that I feel they need more than to be just locked up. The idea of jail is supposed to be rehabilitation, and for some being locked up and punished just isn't going to do it. The origin of the problem causing their behavior needs to be fixed for any changes to occur. I think the best thing you did is get him out of there and into a mental facility where he could get the help he so obviously needs. He may be there a long time as it may take a long time to get him stabilized/treated etc. He may not be happy about it now, but someday when he is healthier and maybe even able to have a productive life because of it, he will look back and thank you for it. The best gift you can give him at this time is your love and support. When he is released it is very important that he continue taking his meds as prescribed and going to any other therapy, councelling, psychiatrist treatment that he needs. If he is not compliant, and incidents occur, you may very well have to call the police/get medical help. Although it is hard, in the long run, it is really for his own good, and you must keep safety for all in mind as well. Sorry to hear that your husband is not so supportive and is in a way making this even harder on you. I'm assuming this is not his biological child? Although I do understand where he is coming from. People with a mental illness can be very difficult to deal with and you guys have been through some serious traumatic events. It is hard for many people to understand about mental illnesses. Also, I want you to remember to take care of yourself. This is extremely important. You must take care of yourself and keep yourself healthy if you are going to help anybody else. You must make time for yourself. Even if it's only a 15 minute bubble bath. If you want to talk one on one, I am always willing. My e-mail/MSN is kalie1000@hotmail.com.

Kalie

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last