Message Boards

Topic : Childhood Sexual Abuse Support

Number of Replies: 5641
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:57:56 am
Author : dataimport
Are you or a loved one a victim of childhood sexual abuse? Join others to share advice and offer support.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 22, 2005, 8:02 pm CDT

Hi all

Umm.... well this is different...... Just wanted to say hello. L8ter.

July 23, 2005, 2:05 am CDT

Confronting the abuser

Have any of you ever confronted your abuser about the sexual abuse? If so, how was it handled? This opportunity has recently come up for me and I want to take advantage of it. But what does one actually say? I just want to truly resolve this part of my life so that I can move on. Any advice?

July 23, 2005, 6:07 pm CDT

Yes..I will help you

I was sexually abused by my brother from age 5-13.  I was also inapproipratly touched by my father.  He tried sticking his tonuge down my throat and grabbing my chest right when I was starting to develope breasts and it really truly disgusted every part of me.  When I was in my late 30's my oldest sister told me our Father actually molested her when she was a little girl after I gave her a book called "Secret Survivors" by Sue E. Blume  it was kind of a techniqnical manual and My sis thought I had some kind of magical powers and I was able to see something in her and she came over and cried her eyes out when in actualtie  I gave her the book to show her why I was so messed up!

The only thing I can say to help you to start out with that SAVED MY LIFE IS GET DR> Phil's LIFE STRAGIES....  You will see the web of lies with your own eyes.

This is very hard work.

It must be done.  If you want to win at this game we call LIFE.

Be a winner...OKAY...JOIN me..YOU have to do The work as I did and the others did before me.

There are many place's here you cant vent and get help.  I will be your friend.

July 23, 2005, 6:08 pm CDT

BUY THE BOOK FIRST!

Have any of you ever confronted your abuser about the sexual abuse? If so, how was it handled? This opportunity has recently come up for me and I want to take advantage of it. But whatdoes one actually say? I just want totruly resolve this part of my life so that I can move on. Any advice?

No I do NOT work for Dr. Phil!

He just saved my life 54 days ago....

Then I will tell you after you read it How to confront your abuser!

Respect the process please....

xoxoxox

July 24, 2005, 4:41 am CDT

confronting abuser

Have any of you ever confronted your abuser about the sexual abuse? If so, how was it handled? This opportunity has recently come up for me and I want to take advantage of it. But whatdoes one actually say? I just want totruly resolve this part of my life so that I can move on. Any advice?

Hello!  Yes, I have confronted my abuser and the numerous family members who knew of the abuse and refused to do anything about it.  What you would say is up to you.  Perhaps letting the abuser know the effects of his actions on you.  How you have suffered.  How you still suffer.  How angry you are.  Etc...  Sometimes it is best to write down all you would like to say.  I would also suggest you have support with you.  Someone you trust and know will stand by you and take your part if things get ugly. 

Good luck! 

July 24, 2005, 4:42 am CDT

labelfree

No I do NOT work for Dr. Phil!

He just saved my life 54 days ago....

Then I will tell you after you read it How to confront your abuser!

Respect the process please....

xoxoxox

What process as you asking her to respect? 

July 24, 2005, 4:47 am CDT

Hi Oreo!

I was just thinking bout you this morning and wondering if I would ever hear from you again!   Didnt know they had this board under "support" and thought it was gone.  Glad to know its still here and youre still here!  :D

So how are you?  Good I hope!  This format is quite different and gonna take me a bit to get used to.  I thought we would be able to make faces in the posts but see its only for the title headers.  Unless im doing it wrong?  Thats too bad cus I like my lil faces.  tehe 

Glad to see you still here!  XOXOXO

July 24, 2005, 6:46 am CDT

Hi....

She asked if anyone ever confronted there abuser right?  I said  (For me) yes I have  and (Yes)  there is no right or wrong way to do so okay  however a person should be prepared.

I was trying in my way since this was a new board and there were no other posters here and I was the first poster to respond to her or him not sure because I didn't do an investigative search on the party however I do know the pain of incest share my experience strength and hope...a person should not go off half prepared.

Dr. Phil's Book LIFE STRATEGIES  SAVED MY LIFE 54 DAYS AGO  and IF I would have read it PRIOR to my confronting my abusers I would have been alot more effective than I was so many years back when I did.  I went about it all wrong back than with a half baked brain.

I now only wish the best for people who have been in the same situations I was in...  

July 24, 2005, 2:50 pm CDT

Hi....

Did That answer your question effectively?  Were you also abused?  Did you confront your abuser?  Are you okay now?  Where are you from if you dont mind me asking?  Hopefully your new friend LABELFREE  xoxoxo

July 25, 2005, 4:54 am CDT

Hi Oreo

Hey there Oreo, how are things? I finally found the board (with Momisme's help - thanks!). How have things been lately? Good to see you still on the boards. Let us know how you are doing.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last