Message Boards

Topic : How Childhood Abuse Still Affects Me

Number of Replies: 1367
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 09:00:06 am
Author : dataimport
Are you an abuse survivor? How do you cope? Share your story.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 1, 2005, 11:29 am CDT

Thank you so much

Quote From: beachsmile

I wish you all and me peace and healing. May our days bring peaceful healing, our nights bring sweet dreams and each morning bring an abundance of blessings of the best kind henceforth and forevermore. Amen and Amen

I cannot believe anyone would ever be mean to you....At the other place were we first met I started feeling like a few people were ganging up on me too.. Cathy if your reading this did it seem like that to you or was I just being too senseative.  I will trust you...I know exactly who I thought but I dont think its proper to say in an open forum like this...

Anyway stay here beachsmiles...your our hero anyway!

xooxox

August 1, 2005, 4:05 pm CDT

labelfree

Quote From: labelfree

I cannot believe anyone would ever be mean to you....At the other place were we first met I started feeling like a few people were ganging up on me too.. Cathy if your reading this did it seem like that to you or was I just being too senseative.  I will trust you...I know exactly who I thought but I dont think its proper to say in an open forum like this...

Anyway stay here beachsmiles...your our hero anyway!

xooxox

Trust me girl !!!big time gang up on!!!oh well thats ok we know who are support systems are.take care girls.cathydancer

August 1, 2005, 8:02 pm CDT

No BS...

Quote From: 101160

Trust me girl !!!big time gang up on!!!oh well thats ok we know who are support systems are.take care girls.cathydancer
In your op/I am not seaking anything BUT 100 percent truth okay.....Why were they ganging up on me.....I can take it....Please just tell me straight ok?  xoxoxoxooxoxxoxo

August 2, 2005, 5:02 pm CDT

LABELFREE

In your op/I am not seaking anything BUT 100 percent truth okay.....Why were they ganging up on me.....I can take it....Please just tell me straight ok?  xoxoxoxooxoxxoxo
FREE ,I HAVE TO ASK WHICH BOARD ?BECAUSE MY BOARD AND YOUR BOARD COULD BE DIFFERENT FOR ATTACKS?CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT POST IT WAS THAT MADE YOU FEEL THAT WAY.?PLEASE SHARE WITH ME SO I CAN HELP.I ALSO WAS HURT ON THE DEPRESSION BOARD .YOU CAN SEE MY POST TO YOU OVER THERE.TALK SOON I AM ON FOR A LITTLE WHILE YET.CATHY

August 2, 2005, 6:06 pm CDT

ah.....Lets all fly in this purple

Quote From: 101160

hi beach glad you found the post.thanks for the support and prayers.lots of luv .cathyhot air ballon
Balloon.....even though I am afraid of HEIGHTS CATHY I AM getting in here for you....xoxo

August 2, 2005, 8:51 pm CDT

LABELFREE

Balloon.....even though I am afraid of HEIGHTS CATHY I AM getting in here for you....xoxo
DO YOU CARE TO TELL ME WHICH POST YOU TALK ABOUT THAT GANG UP ON YOU SO I CAN RESPOND ?THE REASON I ASK IS I THINK WE MIGHT BE TALKING ABOUT TWO DIFFERENT BOARDS.ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE BOARD WITH YOUR POST TO ME ABOUT NOT MY EMAIL IS THE ONLY CLUE I WILL GIVE I GUESS?LET ME KNOW.

August 7, 2005, 7:12 am CDT

Dear Lillian,

Quote From: mjkkas

I don't know if you are aware of the sex abuse board, it is under support. If you want to go there or stay here, whatever helps you out.

MJKKAS

I wrote you on the depression board as well...If you haven't already I suggested that you get Dr. Phil's Book Life Strategies.  It will help you fill in that deep dark black hole you mentioned TRUST ME. 

I wouldn't even suggest it if it didn't work for me.  Over 6o odd days ago I was were you are at.  If you have tried everything else what else do you have to loose really? 

The 304 pages saved my life. 

I challenge you to face the pain and rage that live within you once and for all. 

Become a winner.  SAVE yourself  today will be the best day of the rest of your life.  Do not respond with any excuse as to why your not going to go out and buy it....If you cant afford it go to the library.   We all can come with excuses as to why.....I say to you why not! 

WHY NOT get off the negative train of life and come join me on the happy trail.... 

There are so few people here and it feels weird and good.....I am not used to this feeling  WHY Dr. Phil... 

Can you help me further pump up my happiness? 

Even though it feels strange to me???? 

August 7, 2005, 9:23 am CDT

Great post!

I wrote you on the depression board as well...If you haven't already I suggested that you get Dr. Phil's Book Life Strategies.  It will help you fill in that deep dark black hole you mentioned TRUST ME. 

I wouldn't even suggest it if it didn't work for me.  Over 6o odd days ago I was were you are at.  If you have tried everything else what else do you have to loose really? 

The 304 pages saved my life. 

I challenge you to face the pain and rage that live within you once and for all. 

Become a winner.  SAVE yourself  today will be the best day of the rest of your life.  Do not respond with any excuse as to why your not going to go out and buy it....If you cant afford it go to the library.   We all can come with excuses as to why.....I say to you why not! 

WHY NOT get off the negative train of life and come join me on the happy trail.... 

There are so few people here and it feels weird and good.....I am not used to this feeling  WHY Dr. Phil... 

Can you help me further pump up my happiness? 

Even though it feels strange to me???? 

That was real nice and well put.  

You can be real helpful I hope you know that. 

August 7, 2005, 9:27 am CDT

Long-term effects of Child Sexual Abuse

I am also passionate about the debate or lack there of, for the "secondary victim" the parent/s of the child.    

I am 47 years old...my life was ruined by CSA...I suffer from depression, social anxiety and PTSD symptoms, and I don't even remember all of my abuse.  I only remember I was 5 and led out to the outhouse by an adult male.  I only see their p**is in front of my face and him saying, "touch it".  The next thing I remember I was in the corner of the back yard watching myself run in my little yellow nighty from the outhouse back into the house.  I don't remember much of my childhood...most memories are outside...I don't have many indoor memories.   

Oddly enough, the sexual abuse of my son by my brother devestated me more than my own.  The wall of secrecy and denial was so powerful in my family it took me 17 years to tell my brother I did not want him in my life anymore.  I was gradually ostracized by the rest of the family.  I am totally isolated and alone.    

Child Sexual Abuse destroys lives and I am writing this message because when I read the list of upcoming shows there was only one on this topic and it was. "have you been falsly accused of child molestation?".  I and some other parent's of sexually abused children in my online support group wrote to the Dr. Phil show expressing our concern that all sides of this story should get equal time...   

so they changed it to "have you been falsly accused of a crime".  All well and good...we made a difference and prevented a show that would have validated molesters in denial.  But what about the children??????????????  What about the parents who are also traumatized that this has happened to their child.     

I so wish my son was ready to talk about this...I would go on the show in a second!  He once mentioned Dr. Phil and asking for help with his marijuana addiction. I said I would write to Doctor Phil and then he quickly changed his mind saying, "No, I don't want to air my dirty laundry in public."  I told him he doesn't have any dirty laundry but he changed the subject.  Maybe someday he will be ready.  This topic needs to be talked about openly without shame and secrecy and stigma.   

August 7, 2005, 9:27 am CDT

Thank you....

Quote From: mjkkas

That was real nice and well put.  

You can be real helpful I hope you know that. 

I am trying with everything I have inside to reach everyone!  xoxo

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last