Message Boards

Topic : How Childhood Abuse Still Affects Me

Number of Replies: 1367
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 09:00:06 am
Author : dataimport
Are you an abuse survivor? How do you cope? Share your story.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 30, 2005, 4:30 pm CDT

TAMMY

I WONDER IF THE POSTER THAT COMES ON THE DEPRESSION BOARDS KNOWS ABOUT THE ABUSE BOARDS.I DID POST TO HEER BUT FORGOT TO MENTION IT.I ALSO ASKED THAT SHE CHANGE HER PROFILE PIC.SORRY DON'T HANDLE AUSE TO WELL GRAPHICLLY THAT IS OR ANYWAY FOR THAT MATTER.I HOPE I DIDN'T OFFEND HER AND IF THATS NOT BRUISES WELL THEN I WILL FEEL LIKE A FOOL.LOL ANYHOW I DID APPOLOGIZE TO HER IF THEY AREN'T.TAKE CARE THOUGHT I WOULD ASK ABOUT THE ABUSE BOARD AND IF SHE KNOWS BEENS YOU RESPONDED TO HER.TAKE CARE AGAIN .CATHY

July 30, 2005, 4:36 pm CDT

SORRY TAM

July 30, 2005, 4:36 pm CDT

NOW WHAT MY POST DIDN'T PRINT.LOL ANYHOW I TRIED TO SAY HER POST NAME I BELIEVE IS RSVP ON

July 30, 2005, 4:47 pm CDT

Cathy

Quote From: 101160

Has your daughter been dx with post traumatic stress disorder? I do not know Canada laws but here we have the IDEA act where special services can be provided through the school system. My daughter can go to her counselor if having a panic attack, she can use the bathroom without having to ask. She is able to get a seat int he back of the classroom, for some reason people sitting behind her is a problem for her. The paranoid thinking and whatnot. you should look into what special education services you have in your area. If you haven't already done so. It did help my daughter get back into school this last school year. They only put her in half days but that is better than none.

I have to go my shows are about to come on :))

Tam

July 30, 2005, 5:06 pm CDT

tam

Quote From: tammyo1973

Has your daughter been dx with post traumatic stress disorder? I do not know Canada laws but here we have the IDEA act where special services can be provided through the school system. My daughter can go to her counselor if having a panic attack, she can use the bathroom without having to ask. She is able to get a seat int he back of the classroom, for some reason people sitting behind her is a problem for her. The paranoid thinking and whatnot. you should look into what special education services you have in your area. If you haven't already done so. It did help my daughter get back into school this last school year. They only put her in half days but that is better than none.

I have to go my shows are about to come on :))

Tam

yes she does suffer from post traumatic stress, no meds though we go to a nathropath for her treatments, never new this before but allergies play on your emotions too .wow who new?i didn't till we started going and now she is bouncing back, and she has accupunture for the anxiety .its hard to explain if you never heard of nathropath before. and we do the same thing thanks because she to gets paranoid and she was working in the councilors office because the walk in the class kept traumatizing her due to the fact that she had bullies but that was dealt with too .she went to her grade nine grad and it was a big step because all the kids except her friends thought she quit school and imagine their surprise even the bullies when she was at rehersal .i was so proud of her and now we have a councilor at high school for her also .thanks tam for replying to my post take care.what shows do you like that are on tonight .see ya.cathyglad we are talking again .now if i can only get back to bipolar boards i did answer jen today but no reply .oh sorry toaobb i mean.lol

July 31, 2005, 12:45 pm CDT

Let Me get 100 percent real here..

My sister bought my parents house.  When we were little kids my father lined us all up and it was near sunset.  He said "watch" as a pall mall cigarette was out his mouth.  I was the youngest of the four kids. He threw in our family pet cat and closed it in with cement....I saw this...I was 5 or 6 I saw this...

Let me bring you to today...

My sister is away up in Maine.  She is getting a "new" deck added on. So the old deck was taken off and nobody is there.  In the backyard where my father closed it in a lone set of steps go to the back door.  Just the decks outline is there.  Today July 31, 05 with my sister and her husband's permission even though she said "Why Dad's dead anyway"  I went and I prayed and I started knocking down the part that he sealed up.  There was alot of junk in there.  Bricks, and to me it looked like actually bone with cement on it and so I called my husband who was across town and he came and looked and he said "What is this what you called me for? Look at this this is old brick this is old cement...."

I told him he just doesn't get me or my pain or the why I needed to do that...

I don't know about any of you but have you ever been in a relationship where you had to on a daily basis keep bringing your brain energy down keep bringing it down?

I dont know if you know what I mean......But anyway...Have a good rest of your weekend....xoxo

July 31, 2005, 4:33 pm CDT

labelfree

Quote From: labelfree

My sister bought my parents house.  When we were little kids my father lined us all up and it was near sunset.  He said "watch" as a pall mall cigarette was out his mouth.  I was the youngest of the four kids. He threw in our family pet cat and closed it in with cement....I saw this...I was 5 or 6 I saw this...

Let me bring you to today...

My sister is away up in Maine.  She is getting a "new" deck added on. So the old deck was taken off and nobody is there.  In the backyard where my father closed it in a lone set of steps go to the back door.  Just the decks outline is there.  Today July 31, 05 with my sister and her husband's permission even though she said "Why Dad's dead anyway"  I went and I prayed and I started knocking down the part that he sealed up.  There was alot of junk in there.  Bricks, and to me it looked like actually bone with cement on it and so I called my husband who was across town and he came and looked and he said "What is this what you called me for? Look at this this is old brick this is old cement...."

I told him he just doesn't get me or my pain or the why I needed to do that...

I don't know about any of you but have you ever been in a relationship where you had to on a daily basis keep bringing your brain energy down keep bringing it down?

I dont know if you know what I mean......But anyway...Have a good rest of your weekend....xoxo

Hi again told you i would visit you .LOL i am so sorry your hubby was so cavalier about the cat and what you saw happen to the cat.I am sorry for you seeing what you seeing that at the age you were never mind any age.God your husband could be a little more understanding although i am not surprised because alot of people can't identify with certain things from our pass.Again i am so sorry for what you saw.take care and god bless.cathy

July 31, 2005, 7:12 pm CDT

Hey Cathy....

Quote From: 101160

Hi again told you i would visit you .LOL i am so sorry your hubby was so cavalier about the cat and what you saw happen to the cat.I am sorry for you seeing what you seeing that at the age you were never mind any age.God your husband could be a little more understanding although i am not surprised because alot of people can't identify with certain things from our pass.Again i am so sorry for what you saw.take care and god bless.cathy
Were you a child that was abused?  If it's too personal Im sorry.... Im just wondering....

August 1, 2005, 6:21 am CDT

Cathy, Labelfree and lillian_v ((((HUGS)))

I wish you all and me peace and healing. May our days bring peaceful healing, our nights bring sweet dreams and each morning bring an abundance of blessings of the best kind henceforth and forevermore. Amen and Amen

August 1, 2005, 8:38 am CDT

beachsmile

Quote From: beachsmile

I wish you all and me peace and healing. May our days bring peaceful healing, our nights bring sweet dreams and each morning bring an abundance of blessings of the best kind henceforth and forevermore. Amen and Amen
hi beach glad you found the post.thanks for the support and prayers.lots of luv .cathyhot air ballon

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last