Message Boards

Topic : How I Got Help

Number of Replies: 413
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 09:00:27 am
Author : dataimport
Reaching out for help with a mental disorder can be one of the hardest things you will do. Share your story of how you recognized your problems and allowed others to help.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2005, 7:07 am CDT

LIFE STRAGIES

After Fourteen Years of Theapie Two Drug rehabs and Two Psych wards all IO ever needed was to read Dr Phil's book " LIFE STRATEGIES"  It gave me a no NONESE approach and truth as to what was going on inside and out and the 10 keys  life to.

Am I on his payroll?

NO!   But I wouldn't mind because this guy knows what hell the he's talking about....

I hope his staff doesn't delete this part but let the truth be known at first I didn't even like this guy...

I heard all the sound bites on TV and believed all of the BS.  People are JEALOUS of success.  LOOK at your own life.  LOOK around.  ARE you jealous that you don't have?  Maybe?  Than you start believing what JEALOUS people who don't have start saying which in truth folks are just made up sound bites on TV smoke and mirrors created to cause conflict and avoid intimacy with actually YOURSELF>>>>>  THIS GUY  DR> PHIL IS A FRICK-IN HEALER

YES I said it a FRICK IN HEALER AND YES FRICK IN OKAY ILL TELL YOU oops (My NJ IS showing)

Here it is in a POOF  approx 55 days ago I was deciding whether to become Invisible (KILL MYSELF) or become Magnificent..I gave up all my addictions drinking,drugging,I used to weigh 330 lbs now I was down to 157 lbs  all my tricks my addictions weren't working anymore my coping skills were all gone!!!  I heard some chick debating Dr. Phil Don't even know the show really I was only half listening in the other room as I was doing the dishes and wallah!  He got her.  He mindfully and masterfully skillfully took this woman to a place where she couldn't justify her behavior and on that day he GAINED my respect so I bought that book and HIS WORDS in RETURN ed SAVED MY LIFE.  ALL I CAN SAY I don't know why I use food analogies however he to me is like butter on a baked potato and between him and OPRAH they are like 5 inches under MY HEAVENLY FATHER. 

July 24, 2005, 9:18 am CDT

Okay....Something Else

Why is my name LABLEFREE?

I have alot of lables placed on me....I am really sorry for the typo's.  It actually embarress me.

Here are a few.

Tramatic Brain Injury

INCEST Survivor

OCD

ADD

Maniac Depressive episode

Seasonal effect disorder

I now know I had

and it was documented at

UBHC

MP

Which I handled myself here

This summer(me)

always referring to myself as we

and I know why to keep me

safe

and sane

sorry

for the typo's world..

Thank you Dr. Phil for the new site....Its GREAT! 

It feels great to be healed and whole alive and well..... drug and booze and chemical and ciggerete free.  PLEASE TURN YOUR COMPLETE WILL OVER TO THE CARE OF GOD all addictions  food,  booze,  drugs,  gambling,  because that little charge you get works off the same place in your brain.  eventually......you will have to surrender completely or DIE....  GIVE IT ALL UP  IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!  LIFE IS SO GOOD TRUST ME>>>>>>TRUST ME///////GODBLESS ALL WHO READ THESE WORDS  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox I LOVE YOU   xoxoxoxoxoxox

July 24, 2005, 2:27 pm CDT

Also...

I go to Church on a daily basis...

I light candles (even though) I am a baptist I go to Catholic Church's and do daily rituals and say prayers because a wonderful Priest Told me something that really touched my heart....

GOD always answer's a HUMBLE Heart...Mine is the most sincerest you will ever meet..

I do take medication on a daily basis which is prescribed correctly.  I also take vitamins,  minerals,calcium and drink about a gallon of water daily too.  I exercise daily.

I completely understand now what it means to turn your life over to the care of GOD and NOT take it back.  Once a person...(me) made this major disecion nothing I MEAN NOTHING in life is that difficult... Actually on a daily basis it just keeps getting easier and easier.  Like a pair of comfortable broken slippers.

July 25, 2005, 3:07 pm CDT

Getting over depression

I am 1 and I cut for 2 ain a half years.  I went to an institute in January for a month and I started goig to church when I got out and put my total focus towards God.

July 31, 2005, 7:08 pm CDT

labelfree I feel you

Yeah man, I know how much being labeled bites a**. When I got comitted to the nut house -sorry Psychiatric facility - for trying to kill myself again, I got all KINDS of labels, like: OCD, OCPD, dysthymia, major depressive episode layered (double depression), bipolar disorder NOS, panic disorder, borderline personality disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia (actually in the DSM I think it's impossible to have schizophrenia comorbid with a mood disorder, hence the classification of schizoaffective disorders...), psychotic symptoms specifier - MDE, brief hysterical reactive psychosis (which is, and was, no longer in the DSM). I got help when I tried to kill myself in the hospital (which I now admit might not have been a great idea) and got transfered to intensive psychatric care, where I got a new doctor who wasn't intent on diagnosing me with everything on Axis One (and 2 axis two's) so he could throw lots of meds at me and hope one would work. I was finally released and referred to an amazing doctor who saves my life in biweekly sessions, doesn't believe in unnecessary medication for young people, and believes in treating the individual and their symptoms/history instead of codified, ambiguous lists you can find in the DSM. I'm still really F****d up, but hey at least now someone's helping me deal with crippling depression and my annoying tendency to get raped. Next week, when he gets back from vacation, we'll probably move to my fear of abandonment.... Tnx 4 listening...

July 31, 2005, 7:19 pm CDT

Hey....Thanks!

Quote From: annanut

Yeah man, I know how much being labeled bites a**. When I got comitted to the nut house -sorry Psychiatric facility - for trying to kill myself again, I got all KINDS of labels, like: OCD, OCPD, dysthymia, major depressive episode layered (double depression), bipolar disorder NOS, panic disorder, borderline personality disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia (actually in the DSM I think it's impossible to have schizophrenia comorbid with a mood disorder, hence the classification of schizoaffective disorders...), psychotic symptoms specifier - MDE, brief hysterical reactive psychosis (which is, and was, no longer in the DSM). I got help when I tried to kill myself in the hospital (which I now admit might not have been a great idea) and got transfered to intensive psychatric care, where I got a new doctor who wasn't intent on diagnosing me with everything on Axis One (and 2 axis two's) so he could throw lots of meds at me and hope one would work. I was finally released and referred to an amazing doctor who saves my life in biweekly sessions, doesn't believe in unnecessary medication for young people, and believes in treating the individual and their symptoms/history instead of codified, ambiguous lists you can find in the DSM. I'm still really F****d up, but hey at least now someone's helping me deal with crippling depression and my annoying tendency to get raped. Next week, when he gets back from vacation, we'll probably move to my fear of abandonment.... Tnx 4 listening...

You know how you said something like F****d up!  I find that completely acceptable!  There are people on here who actually find this type of "messaging" offensive!

I feel your just being real!

Second whatever you have you are sure smart!  Dont allow them whoever they are to own your brain.  Dont get me wrong I am now for the first time EVER taking correct medication.

Baby dose of anti depressant med.  A mood stablizer,  and a stress reliver at night.  I do not abuse anything nor do I self medicate or drink or drug anything and I gave up smoking all substances June 1, 05.

I am really sorry about that rapped thing.. Is that truly for real or do you put yourself in scarey situations?  Okay that might be to personal so if it is Im sorry.

I just think your awesome it was a pleasure to have met you..!

August 1, 2005, 3:23 pm CDT

::bounce::

Quote From: labelfree

You know how you said something like F****d up!  I find that completely acceptable!  There are people on here who actually find this type of "messaging" offensive!

I feel your just being real!

Second whatever you have you are sure smart!  Dont allow them whoever they are to own your brain.  Dont get me wrong I am now for the first time EVER taking correct medication.

Baby dose of anti depressant med.  A mood stablizer,  and a stress reliver at night.  I do not abuse anything nor do I self medicate or drink or drug anything and I gave up smoking all substances June 1, 05.

I am really sorry about that rapped thing.. Is that truly for real or do you put yourself in scarey situations?  Okay that might be to personal so if it is Im sorry.

I just think your awesome it was a pleasure to have met you..!

wow, you think I'm smart? Thank you sooo much!! Normally I get told I'm dumb b/c in school I invent my own theories from primary materials instead of just copying the old one's used in canonical literary studies so people just think I can't do research...I'm in literature right now which makes people say I'm dumber.... But hey! Even though everyone thinks it's weird that I keep the DSM-IV-TR under my bed and look up meds in pharmaceutical catalogues, I encourage everyone who's ever been diagnosed with or put on ANYTHING to do it! It's very empowering to understand exactly what the doctors are saying to you, what it means, the biophysiology behind it, the pharmocology they treat it with. It's great because if you speak their language they respect you, and you have the tools to challenge what they say, suggest alternatives, maybe come up with your own theories - like a link btwn BPD and cylothymia, maybe. I find it makes me feel more active in understanding the complex things that make me how I am. Plus, who knows more about what it'a like to live your life than you, right? Maybe this is a chance to see something I didn't want to and face it, like how you hurt myself; maybe it's a chance for me to not passively accept what people say about me as true, and now I have clinical evidence as to why that is. And trust me, it's not 'cause I'm smarter than anyone: it's intimidating when you first look at this stuff, but you take little steps and the internet makes it sooo much easier for laypeople like me to grasp it.

August 1, 2005, 3:34 pm CDT

personal question

and you know about that question about being raped and whatever, that's not too personal. I'm very outspoken b/c I think this is an issue lots of people face and if they can connect with what I'm saying and know they're not alone, then maybe being vocal can do some good. I do place myself in dangerous situtations, if inadvertantly. I was sexually assaulted as a young child, and I have this tendency to confuse social cues normal people recognize as sexual interest with, I don't know, cues that don't mean that, so I don't realize the intention until too late. I also ignored my gut and hung out with this prof who had a habit of sexually harassing his students (which I only found out afterward). It also seems like b/c of my early experience I'm drawn to people who will likely hurt me later. The other time was b/c I live in a smallish town and got beat up and stuff a lot since I was dating a girl at the time. Can I ask you what kind of antidepressant you're taking? You don't have to answer...I've taken Celexa, Trazodone, and Elavil, but everyone I know is taking Effexor. Maybe I can explain it to you if you want, it's good practice for me, but I'm better at SSRI's and Tricyclics that MAOI's.neways reaalllly long post...bye...

August 2, 2005, 6:35 pm CDT

Okay STOP You are officially a member

Quote From: annanut

and you know about that question about being raped and whatever, that's not too personal. I'm very outspoken b/c I think this is an issue lots of people face and if they can connect with what I'm saying and know they're not alone, then maybe being vocal can do some good. I do place myself in dangerous situtations, if inadvertantly. I was sexually assaulted as a young child, and I have this tendency to confuse social cues normal people recognize as sexual interest with, I don't know, cues that don't mean that, so I don't realize the intention until too late. I also ignored my gut and hung out with this prof who had a habit of sexually harassing his students (which I only found out afterward). It also seems like b/c of my early experience I'm drawn to people who will likely hurt me later. The other time was b/c I live in a smallish town and got beat up and stuff a lot since I was dating a girl at the time. Can I ask you what kind of antidepressant you're taking? You don't have to answer...I've taken Celexa, Trazodone, and Elavil, but everyone I know is taking Effexor. Maybe I can explain it to you if you want, it's good practice for me, but I'm better at SSRI's and Tricyclics that MAOI's.neways reaalllly long post...bye...

of my CLUB...We are the ECCENTRIC Genius's and what are you really really nuts like that one.....Make up those formula's don't allow anyone's negative energy to influence YOUR GO...

Go with your ideas Go with your dreams...MY personal MANTRA is CONCEIVE BELIEVE ACHIEVE..

I'm not here to rescue you but I will be your friend..I think you got that social CUE and dangerous situation formula almost figured out too..

I always had a trusting BLIND spot.. You eventually learn to UNLEARN UN TAUGHT behavior.  How can you be possibly held responsible for acting or being in a fashion in which you were not raised and properly taught?

Now you know I know we all know ya know?  Recognition is the first truest  sense of identifying and making the changes you need to survive and live....I don't know where your at BUT IF DR> PHIL WAS a smart cookie he would fly us both out to California so I could give you a hug!

Your remarkable and I see great things for you in your life!

Okay now My baby dose is effexor 37.5MG one tablet at night.....I tried them all girl and BOINK nothing then all of a sudden walllllah!  Next TOPOMAX 100mg in am and another 100 mg at bed..

This is a mood stabilizer which works in conjunction with antidepressant.

It is also given for migraine headaches something in which the FEMALES of this family way back to My Grandma from Alabama suffered with.

Xanax at bed..50  he says I can take one in the day too but it zonks me..I hate that feeling. I actually asked him to take me off this stuff but actually my mind spins a million spins if I don't have it going over and over my  head  rudimentary thinking....

I exercise daily...Drink lots of water...oh take chromium and Calcium too..

Write back Eccentric Genius.....Are you joining to be in my club? 

August 3, 2005, 1:23 am CDT

Ps....I keep very weird hours...

I am on at various times I have a family that I have to take care of my poor youngest son William had 4 teeth pulled yesterday to make room for his braces.  My sweet baby boy is growing up like a weed..He is NOW taller than me...Going into 9th grade this year..

He is a real cu tie cute.  I love all my kids..They are so great...The good thing and the sad thing is they are growing up so fast..

I miss the times when they were babies and I could roll around on the floor and play all day with them!

Please write me soon I think you are fascinating  and so so bright!  Where or what are you taking up at school?  I went but I never finished..Your brain energy to me is well let me just say intoxicating..

You have to know how special and how smart you are...DON'T LET ANYONE stop you ever!  If anyone tries say to yourself ah ha  a jealous one..People who squash other people's greatness are LOSERS!

Please if you haven't read it GET DR. Phil's Life Strategies  It actually saved my life..I was going tyo off myself a little over 60 days ago...I am so very glad I didn't...I am now on a mission...Hope you'll join me!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last