Message Boards

Topic : 07/10 Slacker Wives and Moocher Moms

Number of Replies: 162
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 05, 2007, 02:31:45 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil speaks with self-proclaimed slacker wives and moocher moms, who admit they fall short in the mom and wife categories. Keya is a stay-at-home mom who spends 18 hours a day in bed, while her husband, Tyrone, works and does everything around the house, including waiting on her hand and foot. Keya considers herself a “rich man’s wife, but Tyrone says he’s not rich at all, and he’s tired of feeling more like her maid than her husband. Dr. Phil has a surprise for Keya! Next, Nick and Tara turn in their mother, Rita, who is unemployed, living in her van -- when she’s not crashing at their homes -- and constantly receiving handouts from her family. Her family claims she’s even taken money from her grandson’s piggy bank! Are her kids to blame for always coming to her rescue? Then, a mooching mom makes her daughters feel guilty if they don’t pay her bills and give her cash. She has a job, so why is she taking her daughter’s student loan money? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 10, 2007, 12:40 pm CDT

Just Don't Get It - No Reason For It

Keya...I'm sorry but your not a stay at home mom because stay at home mom's work, do things and most importantly be a mom to their children.  There is absolutely no reason that you cannot do anything and there is no such thing as "Man's" or "Woman's" work.  Get it together - and Dr. Phil is right get up and get moving it boosts your energy and will make you feel better mentally as well - not just flopping and being just plain lazy.  You can unfortunately see that you are just plain lazy not only by the way you mopped but your complaining and basically saying that he could leave if he tries to make you do something. Doesn't seem like anything is going to change for the better in this situation - poor children and husband.  But all the best for you all.

July 10, 2007, 12:44 pm CDT

07/10 Slacker Wives and Moocher Moms

Quote From: jaimie1974

"Laying in bed all day is not depression that is laziness pure and simple."

Simply because youve made other choices does not mean that you are a better person. Judging and/or criticizing Keya isnt going to help her or other women who are living as she is. If you know what it is like to walk in Keyas shoes, what is your motive for passing judgment on her?

It's funny when people say others are passing judgement - these messageboards are for your comments of the show - thats the whole point!

I do have to say for all the people that are staying at home with ailments and are active Great but there is nothing wrong with Keya and no reason for her "laziness"  there is no making excuses for this or for her.

July 10, 2007, 1:15 pm CDT

Tyrone's part in this

You teach ppl how to treat you. Tyrone needs to step up, be a man and put his foot down! I would day this to a woman who has a man taking advantage of her. It's the same. STEP IT UP TYRONE! You are a good looking man, you can do better.

July 10, 2007, 1:19 pm CDT

how can anyone be jealous of her????

She is not a woman. A woman takes care of business, a woman takes care of her home. I feel PROUD that I have dinner ready for my husband everyday. I take care of my man, my children and my home. My husband takes care of us. He works full time. I work part time. There is NO WAY I would expect my husband to clean toilets and cook dinner! Be a woman Keya- you know you can do it- and it will make you feel good!

July 10, 2007, 1:21 pm CDT

TROUBLED

I was surprised that Dr. Phil didn't talk to the first woman at all about depression and whether  or not that was an issue for her. I thought at a point she wanted to enter into a discussion about wanting to change and finding herself unable, but the Dr. went in another direction. Anyhow, perhaps it is a matter that he and the producers settled before the show. If so, it would have helped me to have that mentioned. If not, than Dr. Phil's approach to the "slacker wife" lacked insight and compassion.

July 10, 2007, 1:21 pm CDT

Keya and Tyrone.

I can tell you one thing. Keya would have my size 13 foot lodged somewhere if she were my wife, but also, Tyrone needs a size 13 foot lodged somewhere as well. If he is going to continue to wait on her hand and foot, then he is just as guilty for this situation as she is.

Sounds to me Keya is nothing but a lazy, selfish, self absorbed  excuse for a human being. She's probably never had to do anything for herself. And what even amazes me more, is they both seem to think it's funny!!! People such as this make me ill.

July 10, 2007, 1:24 pm CDT

Working Women

I Ms. Cobbs, have been working sence I was nine years old, and I am still working part time  at age 51.  Today I have to ask my children for help to pay my bills.  I sometimes feel like a slacker because when I get sick I can't work.  My daugther work extra hard to pull up my slack and I don't know what I can do to get out of this problem.  Can you give me an Idea of what I can do?

CARMELLA COBBS

July 10, 2007, 1:26 pm CDT

slacker moms

Quote From: flthomcat

I am a stay-at-home, college-educated woman who taught high school for 9 years and was a felony parole officer for three. I was excellent in both positions, but I LOVE being a fulltime, hands-on Mom more than I loved either job.

MANY are great teachers and great parole officers, but NOBODY else can be the mother of our wonderful children! There is no better reward than spending quality time with growing, needy, loving children and LOVING every minute of it!!!

With that said, I have NEVER been a slacker. I work hard with keeping schedules going, running errands, attending school and sport functions, keeping the house clean and orderly, having sit-down dinners on the table so we can enjoy eachother nightly, planning family gatherings, etc. LAZY is NOT part of my vocabulary and there is NEVER a GOOD EXCUSE for someone being a lazy taker!!!

The families who ENABLE slackers shouldn't be complaining. They are a HUGE part of the problem and the person couldn't be a lazy slob if it were not for them! Time to grow up and stand up to slackers, even if it means they get angry at you.

Until YOU change, slackers have no motivation to.

Can't wait to see this show!

July 10, 2007, 1:30 pm CDT

lazy/slacker moms

Quote From: runtdog

It's funny when people say others are passing judgement - these messageboards are for your comments of the show - thats the whole point!

I do have to say for all the people that are staying at home with ailments and are active Great but there is nothing wrong with Keya and no reason for her "laziness"  there is no making excuses for this or for her.

July 10, 2007, 1:34 pm CDT

lazy/slacker moms

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last