Message Boards

Topic : 07/11 What’s Up, Doc?

Number of Replies: 486
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 05, 2007, 02:34:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Have you ever wanted to talk to your doctor about pressing medical concerns, but were too afraid to speak up? Today, four physicians with four different specialties return to bust medical myths and teach you things you never knew about your body. First up, 45-year-old Pamela has a paralyzing fear of physicians. She was diagnosed with a terminal lung disease six years ago and hasn't set foot in a doctor's office since. Find out what happens when Dr. Phil creates a makeshift exam room backstage! Then, Denise and her husband, Steve, have been trying to get pregnant for three years. Steve says he’s tired of sex being a business deal, but Denise desperately wants a baby. Should she keep trying to conceive or just move on with her life? And, having four kids wreaked havoc on Casey's body, and now she wants cosmetic surgery. Her husband, Jonathan, says a tummy tuck is too expensive, and thinks Casey can get in shape by doing more sit-ups. See Dr. Phil’s surprise for her! Plus, a couple who say their 9- and 15-year-old sons are still not potty trained! Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 6, 2007, 12:24 pm CDT

Sounds like a great show!

Lord, please keep those grown boys (age 9 and 15) away from my 12-yr-old daughter until they are potty trained!!! YIKES!!!!

As for the infertile couple, I know the feeling. It took us that long to conceive to and it involved lots of crying, disappointment and money. NOBODY knows the pain of not being able to conceive unless she has gone thru it herself! HOPEFULLY hubby will recognize how important this is to his wife and be gracious about it. My husband was and we now have two wonderful children (age 6 and 12) to show for all the patience (and robot sex:). Trust me, it's ALL worth it once the kids are born!!!!

If I lost lots of weight, you can bet I would save my $$$ and have a tummy tuck and whatever else I needed to deal with the excess skin. Hopefully my husband would be sensitive enough to know that my self-esteem needed the surgery. Knowing my great guy, he would want me to have the surgery as a "gift" to myself for succeeding at getting healthy and losing the weight. Marriage is about support, love and respect. How better to show love and support than to "invest" in something that will improve the mental health of a spouse!!!

July 7, 2007, 6:44 am CDT

No Way

No potty training the kids WHAT????? the kids will need Dr Phil for a long time.  Thank God Dr. Phil is still young enough to give these kids the years of help they will need.  I dont understand why the kids don't do it they are old enough to know to use the restroom.  Don't they go to school??  Other kids are really mean don't they get teased?  This is WAY WRONG!

July 7, 2007, 6:54 am CDT

Senior cannot get help or info from dr.

I'm 79, a former athlete, and have many health problems. The worst right now is osteoarthritis that settled in my shoulders, hip, and knee. MRI and X-rays showed cartelege is gone in those joints. I am in excruciating pain all the time. 2 doctors said they can't do anything for me, to go home and take Tylenol which I was warned, after the mastectomy, never to take, or Aleve, which is dangerous. No OTC pain relievers work and they won't give me a prescription. I can't walk for exercise, or ride my bike. Running is out and has been for 2 years. I have gained a lot of weight from lack of exercise which doesn't help. I went from 160 to 250. I can't find any way to reduce weight. I know if I could lose, I'd feel better. But doctors have been no help at all. I have multiple health problems: prolapsed mitral valve, arrythmia, advanced macular degeneration, gerd, sleep apnea, osteoporosis, implants in both eyes, mastectomy, and 2 melanoma surgeries. Doctors either refuse to discuss my health problems and some don't seem to know what to do. I think all they want is my insurance money and when they get that from tests they repeat, then the hell with us. I'm not alone in these feelings. We seniors are being scammed by the medical profession. Incidentally, I'm a Ph.D. and retired teacher, and not totally stupid. I resent being treated as such by the medical profession.

July 7, 2007, 8:19 am CDT

Not potty trained

Quote From: mrsparker

No potty training the kids WHAT????? the kids will need Dr Phil for a long time.  Thank God Dr. Phil is still young enough to give these kids the years of help they will need.  I dont understand why the kids don't do it they are old enough to know to use the restroom.  Don't they go to school??  Other kids are really mean don't they get teased?  This is WAY WRONG!
Yuck!  We always assumed those really stinky kids (in high school special education classes) - fewer than one every five years - were just dirty or had poor hygiene.  We never guessed this could be the cause.  If those kids don't have a documented physical problem and past help, those parents are among the most abusive I've ever heard of.

July 7, 2007, 10:16 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doc Doctor Is Phil Up What? Now I have seen but never like this before. Oh well. See you tomorrow Afternoon. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------

July 7, 2007, 11:14 am CDT

Relax and take your mind off gettinbg pregnant

Please tell the couple who are trying so hard to have a baby they need to relax, quit thinking about getting pregnant, and enjoy themselves.

When we were first married 48 years ago, we wanted to have children right away and since it didn't happen immediately, we began to stress about it and do whatever the medical community knew to do back in those days.  It did indeed sort of become a job.  We lived on a farm.  One of the ewes had twin lambs and wouldn't "own" one.  I began feeding it with a bottle, which had to be done on a regular schedule day and night.  Getting pregnant kind of went to the bottom of the list, as this sweet fluffy little orphan was depending on me for it's life.     The lamb gradually began to thrive and one morning as I was bending over to feed it, I noticed I was very nauseated.   This continued to get worse and lo and behold I found out I was pregnant.  My husband thinks feeding the lamb brought  out my maternal instinct.  I think just forgetting about trying so hard was what did the trick.  PS  The lamb lived on to have lambs of it's own.

July 7, 2007, 11:58 am CDT

Wow!

Are these parents saying thier sons can't aim straight or what? I can't really believe that they are not potty trained at thier ages. Do they not raise the lid and make a huge mess and then walk off and leave it?
I really feel for the infertile couple. To want a baby and not be able to get pregnant is so sad. I can also see where it could cause a strain on a marriage. I hope the lady with the lung disease gets over her fear of doctors. I can talk to my doctor about anything I choose. I'm lucky, so far in my life I have not had any surgery ( except a root canal) And no major health problems have come up yet. I'd like to think I'll be able to handle anything that may happen in the future. I'll bet DrP is going to provide a surgeon for the lady who feels that she needs some work done. Sit-ups don't always solve the problem.

July 7, 2007, 3:26 pm CDT

Potty training

Quote From: housewife52

Are these parents saying thier sons can't aim straight or what? I can't really believe that they are not potty trained at thier ages. Do they not raise the lid and make a huge mess and then walk off and leave it?
I really feel for the infertile couple. To want a baby and not be able to get pregnant is so sad. I can also see where it could cause a strain on a marriage. I hope the lady with the lung disease gets over her fear of doctors. I can talk to my doctor about anything I choose. I'm lucky, so far in my life I have not had any surgery ( except a root canal) And no major health problems have come up yet. I'd like to think I'll be able to handle anything that may happen in the future. I'll bet DrP is going to provide a surgeon for the lady who feels that she needs some work done. Sit-ups don't always solve the problem.
I don't feel sorry for the parents. It is their fault that these children are like this. These boys have been abused in some form. Either physical or mental. How awful for these children.

July 7, 2007, 3:54 pm CDT

This should be interesting

To see a 9 and 15 year old who are not potty trained.  Even a mentally challenged person is capable of being potty trained. 

July 7, 2007, 6:05 pm CDT

What is up doc

Quote From: umiami50

I'm 79, a former athlete, and have many health problems. The worst right now is osteoarthritis that settled in my shoulders, hip, and knee. MRI and X-rays showed cartelege is gone in those joints. I am in excruciating pain all the time. 2 doctors said they can't do anything for me, to go home and take Tylenol which I was warned, after the mastectomy, never to take, or Aleve, which is dangerous. No OTC pain relievers work and they won't give me a prescription. I can't walk for exercise, or ride my bike. Running is out and has been for 2 years. I have gained a lot of weight from lack of exercise which doesn't help. I went from 160 to 250. I can't find any way to reduce weight. I know if I could lose, I'd feel better. But doctors have been no help at all. I have multiple health problems: prolapsed mitral valve, arrythmia, advanced macular degeneration, gerd, sleep apnea, osteoporosis, implants in both eyes, mastectomy, and 2 melanoma surgeries. Doctors either refuse to discuss my health problems and some don't seem to know what to do. I think all they want is my insurance money and when they get that from tests they repeat, then the hell with us. I'm not alone in these feelings. We seniors are being scammed by the medical profession. Incidentally, I'm a Ph.D. and retired teacher, and not totally stupid. I resent being treated as such by the medical profession.

I am sorry to hear that you are having so much problems.  I am not sure what sport you played, as some of your symptoms would come about through playing sport.  I would find my own solution, go the natural way.  The body will be able to reverse some of the problems.  My suggestion is drinking Apple Cider Vinegar in water and lots of water, that will make your body alkaline, and also help you to reduce your weight.  If I was in your position I would take glyconutrients, that would give your body the ability to restore itself and cartilege has been know to come back.  The body is a miracle.  Then I would weightlift and swim.  I would start slow and slowly make it harder.  That is what I would do.

Maria

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last