Message Boards

Topic : 07/11 What’s Up, Doc?

Number of Replies: 486
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 05, 2007, 02:34:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Have you ever wanted to talk to your doctor about pressing medical concerns, but were too afraid to speak up? Today, four physicians with four different specialties return to bust medical myths and teach you things you never knew about your body. First up, 45-year-old Pamela has a paralyzing fear of physicians. She was diagnosed with a terminal lung disease six years ago and hasn't set foot in a doctor's office since. Find out what happens when Dr. Phil creates a makeshift exam room backstage! Then, Denise and her husband, Steve, have been trying to get pregnant for three years. Steve says he’s tired of sex being a business deal, but Denise desperately wants a baby. Should she keep trying to conceive or just move on with her life? And, having four kids wreaked havoc on Casey's body, and now she wants cosmetic surgery. Her husband, Jonathan, says a tummy tuck is too expensive, and thinks Casey can get in shape by doing more sit-ups. See Dr. Phil’s surprise for her! Plus, a couple who say their 9- and 15-year-old sons are still not potty trained! Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 8, 2007, 9:32 am CDT

07/11 What’s Up, Doc?

Quote From: steve_malachi

Well I must say I am so shocked that a 9 and 15 yr old is NOT Potty Tranied.

I have a 2 and a half year old son and he gose to the potty everday.

I have just been in hosipatal and need help to go to the toliet and I hatted it.

I really hope that Dr.Phil can help this mother with her children,I feel she NEEDS help........

Everyone is different!

July 8, 2007, 9:34 am CDT

07/11 What’s Up, Doc?

Quote From: cougar39

I am curious to see this episode.  I cannot believe those boys are not potty trained.  That doesn't even sound logical.  9 & 15...come on.
Everyone is different! unless you thought everyone started walking at the same age and talking at the same age.  Lets give these parents and children a break until we find out whats going on.

July 8, 2007, 9:37 am CDT

What is normal.

Quote From: dbtrains

boy am I curious about this one.  How can kids that old really not use the toilet?  What can you do about something that socially mal-adjusted?   do they wet themselves or soil themselves wear adult diapers do they just not clean themselves?  do they go out in public?

What do the parents do?  Are they normal people?

I think you should learn to choose your words more strategically  for what does it mean to be NORMAL.  I've said it before and I'll say it again EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT!

July 8, 2007, 9:44 am CDT

07/11 What’s Up, Doc?

Quote From: kaykwilts

To see a 9 and 15 year old who are not potty trained.  Even a mentally challenged person is capable of being potty trained. 
It's not fair of you to compare these two children to children who have any type of  mental handicap.  It's like your saying that there  must be something horribly wrong with these kids because they are incapable of going to the bathroom or must have a lower IQ then those who may be mentally challenged(which people with mental handicaps come with all different kinds of strengths and weaknesses).  BE NICE!

July 8, 2007, 9:47 am CDT

07/11 What’s Up, Doc?

Quote From: kendra1820

I don't feel sorry for the parents. It is their fault that these children are like this. These boys have been abused in some form. Either physical or mental. How awful for these children.

Do you know that for fact(that the kids have been mentally or physically abused).  How do you know its the parents fault?  Have you seen the show?

July 8, 2007, 9:49 am CDT

07/11 What’s Up, Doc?

Quote From: mrsparker

No potty training the kids WHAT????? the kids will need Dr Phil for a long time.  Thank God Dr. Phil is still young enough to give these kids the years of help they will need.  I dont understand why the kids don't do it they are old enough to know to use the restroom.  Don't they go to school??  Other kids are really mean don't they get teased?  This is WAY WRONG!
I don't think its a matter of not potty training them but rather maybe they simply cannot feel it coming.  I know after I gave birth to me 1st daughter I couldn't tell my bladder was full so it would just gush out all at once so how do you know they don't have some type of medical problem?

July 8, 2007, 10:51 am CDT

Too many doctors, too many different opinions

Dear Dr. Phil, I don't know how many times I wrote a letter and here I am again. I'm 36 years old with 2 beautiful daughters. I have a chronic back pains. Couple years ago the Dr.s finelly decide to sent me to get MRI after visits,medications and x-rays wasn't enoughed. MRI show

that I have 3 buldging disc on L3/4/5. The pain from my lower back and all the way down to my legs was very cripling. On top of getting the news of  the x-rays of my sacliac joint shows

a degenerative arthritis was even more frustrating. I can't feel my foot and I have hard time walking. Fatigue, numbness and tingling and pain. Driving was very difficult not only I fall as

sleep but too many times I almost hit other vehicles because I can't feel if I'm pushing the gas pedals hard enoughed. And  my doctor at that time I don't feel she was supportived at all. She won't take me off work even after I told her I can't move my neck. So my Chiroprac

tor took me off work caused she knows I'm struggling. My Doctor she sent my disability papers back to me she said she won't fill them out. So I decided to change doctors which is my husbands doctor but at the same office. After 7 years of pain, medications, therapy, dr's

appointments, Neurologist, Rheumatologist, Pain management Dr., orthopaedic now referred to a surgeon and gone to see a second opinion dr. I feel like back to square one.

I am diagnosed with fibromyalgia which kind of make since as far as the muscle pains. Dr.

Phil, can a sprain muscle thats not healed and injured over and over caused this problem I have now? Cause there's not part in my muscle that doesn't hurt. And my Doctor now is so

worried about my abnormal liver test, so i go every month to get blood test hoping that it just

the medications I'm taking and it might be from a nerve in my back causing it. So I went to see the Gastroenterologist the other day so his sending me to get more blood test and get x-ray for my intestine and after that I have to make an appointment to his office to get some

kind of rectal test. Is that neccesary Dr. Phil.So what's next. This Doctor's I feel that they just

need to listen to my concerns rather than thinking I'm just whinin. Like I really want to spend

every penny I don't have to see a doctor and pay for medicine. For a couple of years I went part time so I spend 1 paycheck for medications only and the other for my car, do this doctor's think I enjoy going to they're office or what. I have not live a normal life since this

pain started Dr. Phil. I used to be able to bend backwards and pick up a toothpick and touch

ed my heel. I was very active person. I cook, clean the house, clean the pool, mow the grass,

iron, get up at 5:00 in the morning to dig weeds, care for my daughter, work fulltime, do laun

dry, rake leaves, climb trees, climb mountain, gardening everything you could think of I do.

Now I'll be darn if I can make to work and work without taking pain killers and the rest of me

dications. I feel like I lived through the medications. When my Rheumatologist prescribed me

with tylenol 3 I was am able to get up and clean a little bit, cook, laundry but nothing big. My car gets dirty who cares, right? I do. Dr. Phil should I go get the surgery even 3 doctor's already told me I probably will get releif but not better because of fibromylgia. I can't take it any more. What should I do? Please tell me. I can't affored to lose my job, I'm already losing my house, I'm not looking to lose anything else. I'm all my childrens got.

July 8, 2007, 3:17 pm CDT

Simma down now, Rebecca.

Quote From: rebalacia

Good job and thank you for not being judge mental.  Some people I tell ya.  I think it's very important for people to look at things from all angles.  I've recently joined up a couple of days ago and I'm already sick of what this world has to say about other people they know nothing about.  Their opinion or not, some people are just plain rude!  By the way I couldn't agree more with what you had to say it sounds as though you are very educated in this area.  I guess we'll have to wait and see the show. 

Rebecca

P.s. I'm sure this family didn't come on TV to nationally embarrass themselves so I think everyone should keep any negative comments to themselves until after the show.

You'd better gird your loins, Rebecca we tend to tell it like we see it on these boards. Like you say, "Everyone is different." That means everyone has a different opinion. It may not be one you agree with, but that's just the way it is. Personally I'm thinking maybe the 2 boys are just messy in the bathroom. Maybe they can't aim straight ? Maybe they don't raise the lid? Maybe they make a mess and don't clean it up? Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see. Meanwhile try to chill, all of our opinions are not sweet and kind, but we are entitled to them. Dontcha think?

July 8, 2007, 4:28 pm CDT

MY OPINION

Quote From: housewife52

You'd better gird your loins, Rebecca we tend to tell it like we see it on these boards. Like you say, "Everyone is different." That means everyone has a different opinion. It may not be one you agree with, but that's just the way it is. Personally I'm thinking maybe the 2 boys are just messy in the bathroom. Maybe they can't aim straight ? Maybe they don't raise the lid? Maybe they make a mess and don't clean it up? Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see. Meanwhile try to chill, all of our opinions are not sweet and kind, but we are entitled to them. Dontcha think?

I have  certain issues with those who seem to think they know better when they really don't. Your right everyone is entitled to their opinion and my opinion is that people should be kind until they know what the situation is,  all the facts..... not just make assumptions from a quick blurb on the outline of the show.  When credit is due I will give it.  I tend to be empathetic to those who deserve it and I will not pass judgment on someone unless judgment need be passed. So thats My opinion and I'm as entitled to it as anyone else.  Apparently I view the world in a different way.  There is always an explanation in these shows as to why someone has gone astray.  There are certainly people that come on the show that deserve to be judged and not in a nice way either.  I for one since starting the Addictions and community service worker program at college have had to do some work on myself and the way I look at the world.  I think there is something to be learned from those who appear on the show and from what Dr.Phil has to say.  When I said some people can just be plain rude I am speaking about the select few that have made personal attacks on people that  have shared their personal stories and passed horrible judgment on them.  In my defense I was in no way shape or form offended by what you had to say to me but rather I appreciate it as I sense it comes from a peaceful place.  I will forever think like this.  I just think that a select few need to do a bit a self reflection before so eagerly attacking someone else.  Take into account Jeremy who was accused of molesting his young 3 year old daughter.... I do believe he did it and he is definitely one of those people that I defiantly would of had a good time with getting some things off my chest.  Also this is a Whats up Doc show so I can't imagine it would be a problem like missing the toilet and not cleaning it up or the fact that they don't know how to go to the bathroom.  please lets not insult these boys intelligence.  I am a very compassionate person everything I say comes from the heart and deep down within(as I'm sure others do the same as well).  I think the world could use more people who are full of action and not just words.  Also I am a kinesthetic learner so there is a lot of feeling behind my reactions.  In order to understand how I respond perhaps one should goggle Kinesthetic learners.  Anyway I do appreciate your feed back.  However I will say what I need to say as you and many others will and know that I will not say negative things about those who do not deserve it.  I hope no one gets offended by this as I do not feel like going through some type of word war on the boards, Also if you do get offended thats your problem because people can only offend you if you let them offend you.  On that note I haven't been offended by what people have had to say I simply feel a different way!  Besides aren't there enough bad things going on out there in the world, why bring them in here IF there is no cause.

July 8, 2007, 4:37 pm CDT

I swear I knew you were from Canada

Quote From: housewife52

I swear I knew you were from Canada........... You were the only one to ever really respond to me in a very gentle way..... almost as though you were talking to me like you were my mom or a friend.  It's weird the way you talk is different from the rest of reactions I've had.  After I responded to what you Had to say I checked your profile and low and behold your were from Canada.  So peace MA SISTA FROM ANOTHER MISTA.  Anyway I'm not just saying Canadians are nice I'm not that DUH what I'm saying is the way it was presented to me was different from those who were American. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last