Message Boards

Topic : Meditation and Yoga

Number of Replies: 140
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 09:04:02 am
Author : dataimport
For centuries, meditation and yoga have been used to calm the inner soul as well as strengthen the outer body. Share your experiences and advice.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 30, 2005, 7:34 pm CDT

By the way,

For anybody interested, my latest icon is Eilean Donan Castle, Scotland. Ancient seat of Clan McRae and one of the most photographed sites. I had a most interesting conversation with a highland lad in full regalia there once.

September 14, 2005, 6:37 pm CDT

Book is on the way :)

Quote From: ritehere

A book that helped me tremendously was Dr Phil's SELF MATTERS. It can be a very difficult book to get through, even scary. But if you're willing to REALLY get to the nitty gritty and turn your life around, it can be indispensable. There are some wonderful people on the Authentic Self board that can help you get through it if you have any questions along the way.
I'm branching out into the world and will not be posting much in the foreseeable future. I need to get a job after many years of raising my children. I was fortunate that my husband made enough money to enable me to stay home with them. My youngest will be going off to college next year, and I need to help pay for that so we don't run up debt. In addition to that, I'll be taking on some volunteer work in the community. I've learned alot on these boards, posting to help others has helped me even more, I think. But it's time to move into the real world and relate to others face to face.
I'll be back from time to time to see how it goes on this board. I'm hoping others post, as I see so many good applications for meditation in life.
Good luck, and make time for yourself. After all, who else will?

Thank you so much for your guidance and tips. I have ordered Self Matters and just waiting for it to arrive. I feel that i really do need to search inside to find my authentic self.  I feel like I do have all i have ever wanted in life but apparently i have missed something or I would be thoroughly satsified.  Therefore I am going to read the book and figure out the missing link, hopefully.  I'm so happy to hear your baby is going off to college.  You should be very proud of yourself as a mother, i know I would be.  Good luck on returning to the workforce. Take care and can't wait for an update :) 

Blessed Be. 

September 28, 2005, 2:22 pm CDT

Nice pic!

Quote From: ritehere

For anybody interested, my latest icon is Eilean Donan Castle, Scotland. Ancient seat of Clan McRae and one of the most photographed sites. I had a most interesting conversation with a highland lad in full regalia there once.

This pic is so pretty!   

Yours truly, 

Kristie : ) 

fyte4acure 

September 29, 2005, 6:31 pm CDT

Thank you,

Quote From: fyte4acure

This pic is so pretty!   

Yours truly, 

fyte4acure 

I like to post pictures of places I've been. Some people like to read things into it, but they are just places I've visited.

September 29, 2005, 6:32 pm CDT

Moonrain1

Have you got the book yet? I'm glad to hear that you are serious about "awakening". Still not working. I haven't worked outside the home for 18 years, and it seems the combination of getting behind in computer skills and my age is making it more difficult. I spent some time feeling sorry for myself, then gave myself the mental kick I deserved.
It's been an eventful month, I hope you don't have loved ones that were caught in Katrina or Rita. I have relatives in Houston, but all are OK.
Have you been practicing mindfullness or making time to meditate? They are really two sides of the same coin.
Be Well.

September 30, 2005, 5:29 pm CDT

couldnt believe what I found here

wow I came here to learn about yoga and meditation.but seems to be a battle field here instead and nothing I read has anything to do with meditation or finding peace in anyway. 

I wish you all the best and hope you will begin to seek what this board stands for instead of your personal war you seem to have going on here. 

I will look else where for the positive about yoga and meditation cause it cant be found here. 

I will not be returning here again 

October 7, 2005, 9:38 am CDT

Missed the train!

Quote From: mfoxy1

wow I came here to learn about yoga and meditation.but seems to be a battle field here instead and nothing I read has anything to do with meditation or finding peace in anyway. 

I wish you all the best and hope you will begin to seek what this board stands for instead of your personal war you seem to have going on here. 

I will look else where for the positive about yoga and meditation cause it cant be found here. 

I will not be returning here again 

I must have missed the train.  I think any venting is good.  I come in too late to see any fights.  Darn. 

Does anyone have any good ideas of meditation for those of us with painful illnesses?  I listen to music, but I would like to hear more ideas!  Anyone? 

Yours truly, 

fyte4acure 

October 7, 2005, 2:58 pm CDT

HELLO EVERYONE.....

I am a newbie to the board. I want to learn about yoga. I  have arthritis and i think that the exercise will help me. 

AngelMary 

October 8, 2005, 9:29 am CDT

Look into hypnotherapy.

Quote From: fyte4acure

I must have missed the train.  I think any venting is good.  I come in too late to see any fights.  Darn. 

Does anyone have any good ideas of meditation for those of us with painful illnesses?  I listen to music, but I would like to hear more ideas!  Anyone? 

Yours truly, 

fyte4acure 

Be aware though, there are many charletans out there. There are also many who mean well, but are not very effective. The caring couple that helped me also work with a team of oncologists helping their patients deal with pain and other issues. Check with your doctor, or ask questions of other doctors. If they endorse an individual, this is probably a good person to start with.

October 11, 2005, 2:39 pm CDT

Yoga - YMCA

Quote From: angelmary

I am a newbie to the board. I want to learn about yoga. I  have arthritis and i think that the exercise will help me. 

AngelMary 

Dear Angel, 

Go to your local YMCA, ask for a scholarship if you cannot afford one.  They have Yoga classes "for cheap" for members.  If you mention in your scholarship about having arthritis, they can hook you up to certain classes that will benefit your pain. 

I don't know a whole lot about Yoga, but I do know some of the moves, like the one where my butt goes up in the air and my feet are behind my head with my legs being straight.  It helps me to stretch my back. 

fyte4acure 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last