Message Boards

Topic : Meditation and Yoga

Number of Replies: 140
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 09:04:02 am
Author : dataimport
For centuries, meditation and yoga have been used to calm the inner soul as well as strengthen the outer body. Share your experiences and advice.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 18, 2007, 5:57 am CDT

PMS Fatigue

Just wondering if anyone knows of a yoga pose that could help with PMS fatigue, every month the first few days, I have no energy at all. All I want to do is nap.

Thanks

Laurie

October 12, 2007, 10:45 am CDT

Yoga & Meditation

I'm trying to find some type of book that describes how to meditate with or without the yoga involvment.  I have tried meditation several times, but can't seem to get all the thoughts out of my head to find my quiet place.  Any suggestions?

November 19, 2007, 8:03 am CST

You Have To Learn From A Real Teacher

Quote From: foundagain

I'm trying to find some type of book that describes how to meditate with or without the yoga involvment.  I have tried meditation several times, but can't seem to get all the thoughts out of my head to find my quiet place.  Any suggestions?
I've often tried to do meditation myself from books, but it never seems to work. But somehow, when I actually went to a teacher (for example, a teacher of Kriya Yoga) and was initiated formally, I was able to successfully do the meditation.

I myself do Kriya Yoga - you can search for it on the web if you want. Just find a teacher near you and get instructed - then you'll be able to meditate succesfully.

Best Wishes,

Noah

November 19, 2007, 8:06 am CST

Not All Kinds Of Meditation Are Valid

I've meditated for about 10 years now, and have found many forms of meditation that simply aren't valid. Here are the kinds of meditation that ARE valid:

Kriya Yoga
IAM technique
Tibetan Buddhist Meditation

You have to be fomally initiated for it to work - don't ask me why, it just somehow works that way. I think it's the fact that you need to have a skilled teacher to teach you. Anyway, good luck with it!

Best Wishes,

Noah

January 17, 2008, 9:07 pm CST

Meditation and Yoga

Quote From: nancyll

I have had Firobromyalgia for 5 years and have explored many traditional and alternate ways to work with this condition.  I am very temped to purchase this CD you are referring to, but am having an extremely difficult time in believing one day of listening to a CD would prevent any further flares, if this is truly the condition you have.  Sounds like another "miracle cure".  I hope that you are in no way connected with financially benefiting from promoting this CD.  If so, shame on you, as there are many individuals taking advantage of people who are suffering and willing to try almost anything to relieve their pain and looking for hope.

I honestly am not in any way connected with this CD.  It can be purchased online at www.healthjourneys.com  Type in Fibromyalgia and you will see the following CD offered, it's called Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue by Belleruth Naparstek, she's a psychotherapist who works with PTSD and victims of 911, the Gulf War, etc.   I'm sure there are other companies and other CDs but I can't vouch for any of them because I haven't tried any others.

This is not a miracle cure, it is something that helps the immune system and allows one to help heal from within.  Using the CD I breath in deep healing breaths and send the oxygen to the painful areas, then visualize the pain being scooped up and exhaled.  What can I say ... it works for me.  Hopefully there are others here who if they don't purchase the CD will at least try the method I just described.  I use visualization to help control various ailments and so far it's worked.  This energy thing is amazing!.

You could have blown me away with a feather when the pain of the Fibro went away after just listening to it once.  Every once in a while (like once a year or so) I have flare-ups and so I sit and listen to the CD.  I would imagine that if I used the CD on a regular basis then there would not be any flare-ups.

January 20, 2008, 10:28 am CST

You Expertize Needed!!

Please research and do at least a report on the VERY controversial new Disease that thousand of people are afflicted with.  Suicidal, Depressed and hopeless, about because they can't get HELP! Please HELP THEM. 

Research:  MORGELLON"S  Disease

They are just told they are Mental!   I know it's real, I'm a caretaker of someone afflicted with it.  Now the CDC has finally ask for a study, at KIASER, there in Northern Calif. 

February 26, 2008, 6:59 pm CST

I have your answer!

Quote From: daniel

I need some information on where to get that meditation CD for pain.  I have RSD and i am in constant pain in my left leg.  I want to learn to meditate, I seen to be tense from the pain I am in and the horrible pain meds I am on.  Thanks!!!!

I have been using the following meditation CD and it's awesome!  Healing Circle; Guided meditation for healing and relaxation.

check out: www.healthjourneys.com get Lynne Newman, M.P.S.  She is a Professional Counselor and Reiki Master in Middletown, New York specializing in women's issues and helps in using energy healing and guided imagery.

You will definitely like her.  Remember, to cover yourself with a blanket when mediating because your body temperture will drop!

Good luck!

Kari

Haltom City, TX

May 8, 2008, 2:29 pm CDT

Loving meditation

Finally at the age of 41 I am able to meditate. It was only after I started studying Healing Touch I could sit more than five minutes with a clear mind. In fact, I meditate for about an hour a night. Usually I use aromatherapy or guided imagery. Other times I prefer a more "pure" approach with no stimuli. It has brought some really powerful spiritual experiences in my life.

January 26, 2009, 5:08 am CST

I Wish Dr. Phil would have people who know what they are doing on the shop

I wish Dr. Phil would have professional people especially when it comes to Meditation and Sprit.  I am a Metaphysical P.hd with a Doctorial in Divinity.  Being a Hindu/Budha for 5 years I just wish he would have more people on that know what they are talking about

This is a religion on a fade

February 25, 2009, 9:06 am CST

Oco Mom

Ok Dr. Phil.  Personally you should let the State or County Agencies deal with Oco Mom.

Please don't let this be another Circus Performance by you or Nancy Grace?

The Grandparents and relatives are the ones that suffer in all this?

Let's not even imagine about the babies.  You should bless her and let her
deal with her own mistake.

Let in Hindu let the enemy of the mind go, do not follow it.
Let love and honor only enter thy temple.
peace to you
nm

First | Prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next Page | Last Page