Message Boards

Topic : Meditation and Yoga

Number of Replies: 140
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 09:04:02 am
Author : dataimport
For centuries, meditation and yoga have been used to calm the inner soul as well as strengthen the outer body. Share your experiences and advice.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 29, 2005, 6:07 am CDT

How To Listen to GOD

Page 97                   < 1/4 of last paragraph>

The pressures in our lives begin to dissipate when we are secluded,silent,and still before the LORD.  God pulls the plug in the pressurre tanks of our lives,  and our anxieties begin to drain.  When we first begin to meditate,  our frustration levels are usually at full,  but the longer we sit focusing upon Him,  the emptier the reservoirs of tension become.  Biblical meditation causessomething to happen to our our spirirts,  in our souls and our emotional beings,  even in our human bodies.  

BY CHARLES STANLEY

Thomas Nelson Publishers

Nashville

A Division of Thomas Nelson Inc.

www.Thomas Nelson.com

August 2, 2005, 5:46 am CDT

Dont forget to Breath.....

Get quite and breath because when you quite your mind and take deep breath's and sit alot of awareness comes..It just comes......TRUST and respect the process.....

August 3, 2005, 2:03 am CDT

GOD....Help that

Depression board please.....

August 10, 2005, 7:11 am CDT

Getting past "impermanence"

I've been thinking about my own question, meditating on it while on my treadmill. Impermanence is nothing more than the truth that everything changes. Throughout our lives, nothing stays the same. We all grow old and die, nobody has ever escaped that. For some of us, me included, I have always fought this, trying to make things a certain way, and not let them change. When something bad happens, or when I'm working on a project, I always want the world to stop till I'm ready to go on. It just doesn't work that way. This is the concept of impermanence, the great truth I've been struggling with.
I've  come to the conclusion that  this is why meditation is so important. The one unchangeable aspect of ourselves can be our guiding principles, and ethics. If there's anybody out there with some input, I'd love to hear it.

August 17, 2005, 9:04 pm CDT

The only thing ....

Quote From: ritehere

I've been thinking about my own question, meditating on it while on my treadmill. Impermanence is nothing more than the truth that everything changes. Throughout our lives, nothing stays the same. We all grow old and die, nobody has ever escaped that. For some of us, me included, I have always fought this, trying to make things a certain way, and not let them change. When something bad happens, or when I'm working on a project, I always want the world to stop till I'm ready to go on. It just doesn't work that way. This is the concept of impermanence, the great truth I've been struggling with.
I've  come to the conclusion that  this is why meditation is so important. The one unchangeable aspect of ourselves can be our guiding principles, and ethics. If there's anybody out there with some input, I'd love to hear it.
which is constant in life is change..an ever ebbing and flowing. input ended because talking to you actually hurts my brain....with all due respect.  You were not nice to me before that is why I left this board.

August 18, 2005, 9:15 am CDT

I was not "nice"??

Quote From: labelfree

which is constant in life is change..an ever ebbing and flowing. input ended because talking to you actually hurts my brain....with all due respect.  You were not nice to me before that is why I left this board.
I promise not to use profanity with you out of the basic respect I have for all others, I expect the same from you. You have several chances to edit your responses to people, I urge you to make use of them.
You see, your actions "label" you, no matter what you call yourself. 
I don't know you, just as you don't know me, so please don't make projections or  assumptions about me and my beliefs, and I will extend the same courtesy to you.

August 18, 2005, 9:22 am CDT

Time to take a deep breath folks....

Time to remind everyone that behind every screenname is another human being with feelings, let's try and keep this a positive and supportive forum for everyone. Typed words can very easily be misinterpreted, and often times things are just taken the wrong way. The support, advice, and personal experiences you all share here is amazing, let's not spoil it with unnecessary negative feelings towards one another. 

Thanks

August 18, 2005, 9:29 am CDT

Point taken

Quote From: DrPhilBoard1

Time to remind everyone that behind every screenname is another human being with feelings, let's try and keep this a positive and supportive forum for everyone. Typed words can very easily be misinterpreted, and often times things are just taken the wrong way. The support, advice, and personal experiences you all share here is amazing, let's not spoil it with unnecessary negative feelings towards one another. 

Thanks

August 18, 2005, 8:18 pm CDT

Well ....

I promise not to use profanity with you out of the basic respect I have for all others, I expect the same from you. You have several chances to edit your responses to people, I urge you to make use of them.
You see, your actions "label" you, no matter what you call yourself. 
I don't know you, just as you don't know me, so please don't make projections or  assumptions about me and my beliefs, and I will extend the same courtesy to you.

When you represent yourself with a picture of the oldest witch site in the world a portal of such well it kind of disturbs me. Sorry I cant be PC when it comes to JC he is my main man and for meditation well I will practice what I preach...I will not judge or I will be judge never mind  access denied...Bye 

Talking to you makes my brain mold together in a way not to many people get me to operate and well this is Access denied....projections....your right,assume  true...I know them as facts...your correct again I can not assume to know your beliefs...or you  ..Your just putting pictures up and looking or seekinging Razzle dazzle reactions...since your pictures change so often your not quite comfortable with the icon yet or whatever that is really your issues not mine anyway.. 

Your lack of actions "label" you...Your "expert" ramblings all over randomly without really finding one place to call a home is truly sad...Why are you fragmented?  Treadmill problems? 

Okay then bye....Maybe you can come up with another snotty remark tommorow..Courtesy? 

That is your uptight way of being bound up for not like DR PHIL SAYS GETTING REAL GETTING SMART GETTING GOING>>>>LETS GO>>>>Your so in front of me your behind me...yes I do KNOW!   P.S. Dont play the word game with me either picking every single word apart that would just pis* me off.. 

August 18, 2005, 8:22 pm CDT

That is so funny .....

Dr. Phil responding to his own staff....

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last