Message Boards

Topic : Meditation and Yoga

Number of Replies: 140
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 09:04:02 am
Author : dataimport
For centuries, meditation and yoga have been used to calm the inner soul as well as strengthen the outer body. Share your experiences and advice.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 21, 2005, 7:41 am CDT

I noticed while speaking with you....

I have to use my whole brain as apposed to 1/10 of it to the normal population of this planet. 

The whole warlock/warrior question has to do with a test I was throwing at you... 

Now to you what is you spin on Angels...What do you know about them?  I cant be answering all these questions.  This I believe will have to be a give and take.  I cannot be providing all information.  Since being on Dr. Phil's boards I think I have also discovered I have some learning disabilities..which I never noticed before.  Not to feel bad for myself or anything just a notice. 

I also notice after I do a spell check I have letters missing and sometimes Capital letters in the middle of a word etc. this kind of embarrasses me..( anyway) 

I am a very complicated person.  I am not sure you really want to get to know me really.  I have land mines all around me.  I just don't want you to get blown up.  I am just warning you.  So maybe you should just get out now while you can okay! 

I am sure you are nice and all and I am nice I think a person of your caliber needs someone more versed.  Like you said you can have anything in this world...Everything at your fingertips.  I don't want anything. So what do we really have here? 

Two people who crossed on a message board who you taught me how NOT to curse  Thank you...and maybe I taught you maybe to be a little more sensitive to others....I really don't want to blow you up....Maybe YOU should go get Dr. Phil's books...They are Great... 

I bought one for everyone in my immediate Family except my Brother James who lives out In California who is a Professor at CAL STATE (North ridge)  I wish I did for him but he has moved.. 

He used to be the CHAIRMAN of THEATER out there but I don't know what happened...He still teaches though...He also does something in Washington D.C. For the Committee of the Endowment of The Arts? Checks theater's around the world??? 

I am feeling sad now I have to go........I am going to get a massage for an hour with nice ASIAN people.  Peace. 

August 21, 2005, 8:04 am CDT

I think you are getting it now,

Quote From: labelfree

I have to use my whole brain as apposed to 1/10 of it to the normal population of this planet. 

The whole warlock/warrior question has to do with a test I was throwing at you... 

Now to you what is you spin on Angels...What do you know about them?  I cant be answering all these questions.  This I believe will have to be a give and take.  I cannot be providing all information.  Since being on Dr. Phil's boards I think I have also discovered I have some learning disabilities..which I never noticed before.  Not to feel bad for myself or anything just a notice. 

I also notice after I do a spell check I have letters missing and sometimes Capital letters in the middle of a word etc. this kind of embarrasses me..( anyway) 

I am a very complicated person.  I am not sure you really want to get to know me really.  I have land mines all around me.  I just don't want you to get blown up.  I am just warning you.  So maybe you should just get out now while you can okay! 

I am sure you are nice and all and I am nice I think a person of your caliber needs someone more versed.  Like you said you can have anything in this world...Everything at your fingertips.  I don't want anything. So what do we really have here? 

Two people who crossed on a message board who you taught me how NOT to curse  Thank you...and maybe I taught you maybe to be a little more sensitive to others....I really don't want to blow you up....Maybe YOU should go get Dr. Phil's books...They are Great... 

I bought one for everyone in my immediate Family except my Brother James who lives out In California who is a Professor at CAL STATE (North ridge)  I wish I did for him but he has moved.. 

He used to be the CHAIRMAN of THEATER out there but I don't know what happened...He still teaches though...He also does something in Washington D.C. For the Committee of the Endowment of The Arts? Checks theater's around the world??? 

I am feeling sad now I have to go........I am going to get a massage for an hour with nice ASIAN people.  Peace. 

See, you threw those questions at me as a "test". I don't see it as a test at all. I really don't know what your trying to find out here. I'm trying to get you to see that we have different perceptions of the world due to our different experiences and what we took from our experiences.
Angels are something referred to in the Jewish and Christian histories and religious writings as messengers of God. I cannot pass your "test" because I'm positive our perceptions on the "Big Picture" are different. But that does not bother me because I'm comfortable with my beliefs and perceptions. If you perceive me as evil because I can't answer your questions to your satisfaction, then so be it. It's a free country and thank goodness we can all come to our own conclusions!
But in the spirit of open mindedness and learning new things, I'm still interested in what you were talking about with those 5 questions.

August 21, 2005, 1:54 pm CDT

Thats great...I am into learning

Quote From: ritehere

See, you threw those questions at me as a "test". I don't see it as a test at all. I really don't know what your trying to find out here. I'm trying to get you to see that we have different perceptions of the world due to our different experiences and what we took from our experiences.
Angels are something referred to in the Jewish and Christian histories and religious writings as messengers of God. I cannot pass your "test" because I'm positive our perceptions on the "Big Picture" are different. But that does not bother me because I'm comfortable with my beliefs and perceptions. If you perceive me as evil because I can't answer your questions to your satisfaction, then so be it. It's a free country and thank goodness we can all come to our own conclusions!
But in the spirit of open mindedness and learning new things, I'm still interested in what you were talking about with those 5 questions.

new things too.  I also know what I have seen.  This is not a I know more than you in this dept I win your stupid....I think you have me all wrong.  This is more like something REALLY bad happened in 1996 and I am really careful who i speak with and how deep I get with who about what. 

I assure you it was not a blizzard or a mental issue either.  This was something until you make a stand and declare who you are in this world to me I will not share with you.  Believer and follower of Jesus or do you choose alternate learning.  I accept whichever you believe just before I continue talking to you I must ask you to declare. 

There are more than One kind of Angel by the way... 

I do NOT "perceive" you as anything...now where are your filters? 

But in the spirit of my open mindedness and learning very many new things,  You do interest me..So before anything else the above question WILL be answered or we will not PROCEED you can bank on that one....You will have to get access denied until that question iss answered and nothing short of that WILL be acceptable.... 

August 22, 2005, 11:32 am CDT

Fair enough,

new things too.  I also know what I have seen.  This is not a I know more than you in this dept I win your stupid....I think you have me all wrong.  This is more like something REALLY bad happened in 1996 and I am really careful who i speak with and how deep I get with who about what. 

I assure you it was not a blizzard or a mental issue either.  This was something until you make a stand and declare who you are in this world to me I will not share with you.  Believer and follower of Jesus or do you choose alternate learning.  I accept whichever you believe just before I continue talking to you I must ask you to declare. 

There are more than One kind of Angel by the way... 

I do NOT "perceive" you as anything...now where are your filters? 

But in the spirit of my open mindedness and learning very many new things,  You do interest me..So before anything else the above question WILL be answered or we will not PROCEED you can bank on that one....You will have to get access denied until that question iss answered and nothing short of that WILL be acceptable.... 

I think I understand what you're getting at.
I have always considered myself a seeker. I seek truth. I wholeheartedly believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ. I do not believe everything that others have written about him. I believe to know the mind of Jesus is to study what he lived and taught. I had something happen to me in 1999 that changed my life forever also. It was something wondrous and special, but something that I know is not unique to me. Others have had this experience too, and I now understand so many things I did not before. However, I realize that my experience can be perceived in different ways, so I am cautious also in talking about it to others.
I was assured that it's OK to question, and that I am loved just as I am. That's why I'm comfortable with myself and my beliefs and my questioning.

August 22, 2005, 1:31 pm CDT

Okay....Thank you..

I think I understand what you're getting at.
I have always considered myself a seeker. I seek truth. I wholeheartedly believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ. I do not believe everything that others have written about him. I believe to know the mind of Jesus is to study what he lived and taught. I had something happen to me in 1999 that changed my life forever also. It was something wondrous and special, but something that I know is not unique to me. Others have had this experience too, and I now understand so many things I did not before. However, I realize that my experience can be perceived in different ways, so I am cautious also in talking about it to others.
I was assured that it's OK to question, and that I am loved just as I am. That's why I'm comfortable with myself and my beliefs and my questioning.

I am very happy you seek the truth..so do I. I also believe 100 percent in the LORDS teachings.  My life changing event happened in 1996.  I was not capable at that time of crasping everything that happened to me.  Sometimes people really try and practice and want but when your "tricked" into something well that is quite a different story. 

The things I have seen and the places I have been well some may say wondrous and special  and I also know others have viewed this too...However cautious....is an understatement. 

I have figured out the BIG picture and without that paper (it is meaningless) because no one will take me seriously!  I only want 2 things in life.  One no one can give me and one I figured out kind of cocka mamie but Eccentric Genious like....Masterpeice Like...If you are connected like you said you are I could only wish you could help me on that one! 

Anyway I just got home and I am glad now we truly do understand each other.  I think we now don't even have to type to each other if you get what I mean and I think you do but we will until a later time... 

I have to go for now and be a STEPFORD wife to a husband who has a no clue as to my brain or what is in it.   

August 22, 2005, 2:00 pm CDT

Whoa now!

I am very happy you seek the truth..so do I. I also believe 100 percent in the LORDS teachings.  My life changing event happened in 1996.  I was not capable at that time of crasping everything that happened to me.  Sometimes people really try and practice and want but when your "tricked" into something well that is quite a different story. 

The things I have seen and the places I have been well some may say wondrous and special  and I also know others have viewed this too...However cautious....is an understatement. 

I have figured out the BIG picture and without that paper (it is meaningless) because no one will take me seriously!  I only want 2 things in life.  One no one can give me and one I figured out kind of cocka mamie but Eccentric Genious like....Masterpeice Like...If you are connected like you said you are I could only wish you could help me on that one! 

Anyway I just got home and I am glad now we truly do understand each other.  I think we now don't even have to type to each other if you get what I mean and I think you do but we will until a later time... 

I have to go for now and be a STEPFORD wife to a husband who has a no clue as to my brain or what is in it.   

I'm not sure what conclusions you came to by what I wrote. I think you are reading too much into it.
I'm just another human being slogging through my life with as much dignity and grace as I can muster.
I'm nowhere near figuring out the "big picture" and not even sure that any of us is capable of that. My main mantra is "I don't know." I never said I was connected, what did you mean by that?
And lastly, I still don't understand you. Evidentally my seeker answer pleased you, but I don't know why. It is the truth though, it is the way I have classified my spiritual self all of my life.

August 22, 2005, 4:06 pm CDT

Well....

I'm not sure what conclusions you came to by what I wrote. I think you are reading too much into it.
I'm just another human being slogging through my life with as much dignity and grace as I can muster.
I'm nowhere near figuring out the "big picture" and not even sure that any of us is capable of that. My main mantra is "I don't know." I never said I was connected, what did you mean by that?
And lastly, I still don't understand you. Evidentally my seeker answer pleased you, but I don't know why. It is the truth though, it is the way I have classified my spiritual self all of my life.

I do know...I am NOT reading too much into anything...I am slogging too and believe me don't worry...whooooo there boy I don't need anything from you..You seem to be having a mini stroke there...Breath..  

I am an actual giver....You must be used to being around sharks...I am not a taker...I told you I already figured it all out.  

Its just a matter of implementation.  

My mantra is Conceive,Believe Achieve...ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE  How big are your dreams?  

I will not reiterate what you said...it truly does not matter.  When I say something rest assure I mean it.  Like I am the type of person  If I say Ill call you I will...Or I got your back I do...I guess I am a person who is rare.. (I am not referring to you here)  Personally I truly have a big distaste for surface showoff types.  Fake people tick me off.  I did use a different word than I changed it thanks to you.  

And lastly as I said before I am a VERY complicated person.  A mere 5-10 messages between us will not even begin to scratch the whys of who I am.  I am multi level...You may think you can get me or even to think you could possible grasp where it is I am coming from but I assure you my astral dream weaving friend you truly have no clue....  

Not that I am trying to be so evasive or anything like that I truly am not....Why would I allow you in?  

What could you possibly offer me that my own mind has not already seen or even conceived?  

Sorry I am not giving you access denied but really time for you to step up to the Who the Heck are you and why should I care plate......  

Start spilling........  

August 22, 2005, 5:37 pm CDT

Look,

I do know...I am NOT reading too much into anything...I am slogging too and believe me don't worry...whooooo there boy I don't need anything from you..You seem to be having a mini stroke there...Breath..  

I am an actual giver....You must be used to being around sharks...I am not a taker...I told you I already figured it all out.  

Its just a matter of implementation.  

My mantra is Conceive,Believe Achieve...ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE  How big are your dreams?  

I will not reiterate what you said...it truly does not matter.  When I say something rest assure I mean it.  Like I am the type of person  If I say Ill call you I will...Or I got your back I do...I guess I am a person who is rare.. (I am not referring to you here)  Personally I truly have a big distaste for surface showoff types.  Fake people tick me off.  I did use a different word than I changed it thanks to you.  

And lastly as I said before I am a VERY complicated person.  A mere 5-10 messages between us will not even begin to scratch the whys of who I am.  I am multi level...You may think you can get me or even to think you could possible grasp where it is I am coming from but I assure you my astral dream weaving friend you truly have no clue....  

Not that I am trying to be so evasive or anything like that I truly am not....Why would I allow you in?  

What could you possibly offer me that my own mind has not already seen or even conceived?  

Sorry I am not giving you access denied but really time for you to step up to the Who the Heck are you and why should I care plate......  

Start spilling........  

How bout we agree to disagree. You stay "complicated" and I will continue to try for clarity on my own.  Happy trails and hope you have success in whatever it is you're aiming at.

August 22, 2005, 6:46 pm CDT

I have been trying to say goodbye to you

How bout we agree to disagree. You stay "complicated" and I will continue to try for clarity on my own.  Happy trails and hope you have success in whatever it is you're aiming at.
for weeks do you feel better now that you said it first...Okay then Happy trails to you Bye bye

August 22, 2005, 7:42 pm CDT

More than I expected under this topic :)

Hello everyone!  

I really enjoyed reading the previous spiritual conversation.  I only wish to clarify one aspect. Male witches are called exactly that; there are female and male witches. Warlock is a very negative term that some people like to call themselves for shock value and has no place in the religious aspect of things.  To call a male witch a warlock would be an insult, I would hate for you to be judged for a very harmless misunderstanding :)  

I have adventured upon this topic in search of a way to calm my mind.  I would really like to attempt to use meditation and/or yoga. I have been told to get up early and use that time as my special time for meditation away from the kids, but I'm not a morning person. I am afraid i will fall back to sleep while meditation. Anyone with toddlers able to give me some pointers about how to find peaceful times in the day to try  meditation or yoga.    

Hope everyone is well and talk to you all soon. Blessed Be. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last