Message Boards

Topic : 07/12 What Happened Next?

Number of Replies: 44
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 05, 2007, 02:41:06 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Have you ever wondered what happens with Dr. Phil guests when the show is over? Get a sneak peak at some of the most controversial guests when the lights go down and the audience goes home. First up, Mary accused her daughter, Audrey, and son-in-law, Matt, of living in filth and neglecting their children. If you thought what you saw on the show was heated, you don't want to miss the backstage fireworks! Next, Kevin's wife, Shannon, accused him of being an angry bully who terrorized the family. After watching his behavior on home video, did he decide to make a change or stick to his scary behavior? Then, Aubrey turned in her sister, Elise for being an out-of-control, binge-drinker. She often left her 8-year-old son home with her mother while she went out to party. Did she go to rehab like she promised Dr. Phil? And, Terry wanted Dr. Phil to help her partner, Chris, get over his extremely jealous and paranoid ways. Was Chris able to tame the green-eyed monster, or is he still snooping on Terry? Finally, find out if two wives signed postnuptial agreements, if grandparents battling their ex-daughter-in-law were able to see their granddaughter and if an anorexic bride-to-be finally walked down the aisle. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 8, 2007, 3:25 pm CDT

Me too.

Quote From: kaykwilts

I think the woman's name was Jennifer. Can't remember the name of the controlling obsessive husband but Dr. Phil did several epiosodes .  I'd like to know if the man is in jail and if Jennifer ever went through with divorcing that pathetic man.
But I don't think this is one of the follow-ups. He was in jail at the end of the last of thier shows. I hope there IS a follow-up of this show some day.

July 10, 2007, 7:11 pm CDT

I'm curious, too

Even though Jennifer & Jeffrey (the "Obsessive Love" couple) won't be featured, this update show should be very interesting. I'm intrigued by whether the marriages where the husbands demanded a post-nup agreement  are still together...are we taking bets?

July 12, 2007, 7:09 am CDT

I am so curious

What happened to the family from California, he was a Dr and worked 24/7.  She shopped everyday and spent all the money and cut herself in secret.  They had 3 children, 1 daughter and 2 sons.  I know it has been over a year but they are on my mind from time to time.  I would love to hear what happened next!

Thanks

Pat

July 12, 2007, 8:20 am CDT

Huh?! What?

"When Michele walked off the stage, I was not surprised, because Michele will walk out if she doesn’t like what she hears," Cindy said backstage. "She knows that there are others out there who know the truth about her life. She reworks her life so that she can live with it."

"She was not telling the truth. It was just more rhetoric on her part denying that there was anything wrong with her lifestyle and the way that she was raising the children," Randy added. "She could not defend herself anymore, so she chose to walk off."

Cindy & Randy, get a hold of yourselves. She was telling more of the truth than you guys ever were (plus she had proof), & she had a good reason why she walked off the stage, as I would have, too! Plus I'm glad that she kept her child away from you! People like you are very manipulative, & make me so sick.

July 12, 2007, 9:51 am CDT

No grandparents rights law, please!!!

Quote From: samm1431

Does anyone ever stop to consider what the children in these situations want?  Who gives a damn that the parent and grandparents don't get along, maybe they never will, but children still need the unconditional love of their grandparents.  Whether their mother likes grandma and grandpa should not be the focal point.  I am very upset about the subject of grandparent rights.  In the state of Georgia, where I am from, grandparents do not have any rights to their grandchildren.  I think at the very least they should get supervised visitation, if not one weekend a month. 

My nephew ended his life in March because his wife left him for another nephew of mine.  Now my brother is not allowed to see his grandchildren.  They are the only link to a son that he lost because of this woman.  She holds them over our heads, uses them as pawns, dangles them like a carrot, and toys with our emotions by keeping them away from a very loving family that wants to spend time with them and show them that they are precious and loved.  I do not understand the logic that women use in cases like this and it makes me sick that they care so little for their children that they would use them as a source of vindictive pleasure.

As long as the grandparents are loving to the grandchildren, the parent should put aside their personal feelings toward the ex in-laws.  They probably didn't get along while they were "in" the family anyway.  Put the kids first !!!  Isn't that what being a parent is about !!!

Good luck to the grandparents and their grandchildren, you are missing out on a great relationship.

Our children are BLESSED with two sets of WONDERFUL grandparents. My husband and I have been married (happily) for almost 19 years and our children spend much time with their grandparents.

With that said, I do NOT SUPPORT "grandparent's rights." It is the right of the mother and father to decide who will and who will not spend time with THEIR children. By making it mandatory for kids to see their grandparents, the rights of parents would be infringed upon. Who gives anyone, but the parents, the right to decide who spends time with their children?!!!

We want (and deserve) to be the ones to decide which people we feel are good influences on our children. And if our parents turned out to be lousy role models, it's OUR DECISION  (and should always be) whether or not they get to see our children.

Hopefully no decent parents EVER stop the contact between their children and their grandparents when the grandparents love and care for children. Sadly, there are always exceptions (especially in cases of divorce...when parents get selfish and forget about what is best for the kids). However, that is NO REASON to make a blanket (legal) policy of grandparents having "rights" to see grandchildren.

July 12, 2007, 12:05 pm CDT

toxic boundaries

Mary did exactly the right thing when confronted by her daughter. She backed off. I wonder if any of the issues that concerned her (filthy house, neglected children) have been addressed. I hope that the therapist who told Audrey to cut Mary out of their lives because she was "toxic" has a handle on all of the issues that needed to be addressed. I have a serious problem with a therapist who calls someone they have never met "toxic". Is that a medical diagnosis? Was it the intention that the toxic statement be used as a weapon against the mother? Well, it was. Are all of Audrey and Matt's problems now solved now that toxic Mary has gone away? I doubt it.

Anyone who is called toxic by another person (even by way of a therapist) should take a break from the relationship, to protect themselves, to evaluate and to force/allow the other person (s) to have to deal with their own problems. This goes for the word "boundary" (another therapist favorite) too. If someone is ranting at you that they have to set a boundary with you, set your own quiet boundary. Put your emotional armor on, dig deep and evaluate yourself and your feelings and let the other person solve their own problems.

I hope that Mary finds a good life away from Audrey and Matt's disfunction. My heart aches for the children involved. 

July 12, 2007, 2:26 pm CDT

07/12 What Happened Next?

was glad that some of your guests were doing better. was really wondering what happen to the couple who were morman and were losing their home . the wife was expecting and had an affair which produced a child that she gave up for adoption but wasnt willing to ley go.also she had given a son to his father as he was mean to her youngest vchild by her preent husband. i worried about this family especially the children

July 12, 2007, 2:26 pm CDT

What ever happened to Rochelle and John

I watch your show almost every day but have not  heard what happened to one of your first guest you tried to help.  Are they still married.  Did Rochelle ever change.  Just wondering.  I really enjoy the what  happened to the guests stories.  Keep it up.

Thanks,

July 12, 2007, 2:58 pm CDT

What has happened to the young girl and baby boy?

Dr. Phil,
   I am not recalling the young girls name. I want to say Christina she had a baby boy.  She was going to give him up and you helped her find parents who wanted to adopt.  But she chose to keep him.  She had a sister.  Who was very upset over her getting pregnant.  The mom and dad frought all the time.... I am sure you know who I am trying to recall.....  It has been a while and I would like to know if she is making a good mother or is her mom raising the baby. and if the mom and dad stayed together.   And what has happened to the little sister.
I have known girls who did choose to give their babies up and they are glad and somewhat sad... Just the not knowing what they look like and how they are doing or if they will want to find them when they get 18...  I know as a mother that it would be a one of the HARDEST decision ever made.

Just wondering in Tennessee

July 12, 2007, 3:50 pm CDT

Post Nuptial Agreements

So glad those women weren't bullied by their husbands to sign those agreements.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last