Message Boards

Topic : 07/12 What Happened Next?

Number of Replies: 44
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 05, 2007, 02:41:06 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Have you ever wondered what happens with Dr. Phil guests when the show is over? Get a sneak peak at some of the most controversial guests when the lights go down and the audience goes home. First up, Mary accused her daughter, Audrey, and son-in-law, Matt, of living in filth and neglecting their children. If you thought what you saw on the show was heated, you don't want to miss the backstage fireworks! Next, Kevin's wife, Shannon, accused him of being an angry bully who terrorized the family. After watching his behavior on home video, did he decide to make a change or stick to his scary behavior? Then, Aubrey turned in her sister, Elise for being an out-of-control, binge-drinker. She often left her 8-year-old son home with her mother while she went out to party. Did she go to rehab like she promised Dr. Phil? And, Terry wanted Dr. Phil to help her partner, Chris, get over his extremely jealous and paranoid ways. Was Chris able to tame the green-eyed monster, or is he still snooping on Terry? Finally, find out if two wives signed postnuptial agreements, if grandparents battling their ex-daughter-in-law were able to see their granddaughter and if an anorexic bride-to-be finally walked down the aisle. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 14, 2007, 1:46 pm CDT

Life coach's name?

I watched a show where a life coach helped a young man gain control of his life. I really need some help with my 23 year old daughter. I do not know the life coach's name. I would like to purhase one of her books that she wrote, but cannot remember her name. Thanks, Marie

July 14, 2007, 3:47 pm CDT

Life Coach

Quote From: yomsmariep

I watched a show where a life coach helped a young man gain control of his life. I really need some help with my 23 year old daughter. I do not know the life coach's name. I would like to purhase one of her books that she wrote, but cannot remember her name. Thanks, Marie
The Life Coach we had on the show was Dorothy  Breninger, you can find out more about her and her book on the right side of the following page under  SPECIAL THANKS:

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/879

July 15, 2007, 12:40 pm CDT

Definitely Bizarre!!

Quote From: wsantelope

OK. THIS is strange.

I believe your estranged husband (Bobby) is the man responsible for one of the strangest experiences of my entire life.

About 12-14 years ago when I was single I believe I met this man through a singles connection for horse-people. 

He was an outdoor guide / outfitter in the northwestern US.  (I'm leaving identifiying information out here).

I was a professional rodeo athlete.

We saw each other's profiles, exchanged pleasantries and then fell in love through the mail.....at least I thought we were in love....this was before email was real big.

We decided we needed to meet as we were talking about the possibilities of a life together.
We decided that I would drive the two solid days across the country to meet him and that he would pay 1/2 of my gas and expenses to come.

I was excited and drove to the beautiful mountains of the northwest and when I got to his place he wasn't home (But a roomate / ranchmate was and he showed me around and said this man would be along in awhile) ... which I thought was strange.

I remember this weekend as if it were yesterday.

When he finally showed up I joked with him and said that he took so long that I had fallen in love with his roomate.  I was being real cute about it but I guess he didn't think it was funny.
After this I think he said only 7-10 WORDS to me in the two and a half days I was there.

We went packing on horseback to a hunting camp with a couple of horses and mules .... silence the whole time.  I got scared in the night because I heard a large "Varmit" in the food tent they had me sleeping in as he slept in a tent with the guys (And I'm not a wimp either - been camping my whole life).  He did NOTHING to comfort me, acknowledge me or anything.
The next morning I demanded that he pack me out of that wilderness and told him that I was leaving.
We rode the several hours home in silence the entire way and I told him I had never felt so decieved in all my life to which he said.....nothing. To top it off he was very reluctant to give me the gas money that he had promised me before i came and at the time I didn't have any funds to spare. He refused to pay for the lodging completely.

I didn't back down....he paid up and I left shaking my head.
It was so illogical that I had to just not think about it as it would never make sense.
I recognize that face as if it were YESTERDAY.

I'm GLAD you're getting out of this situation as this was, as I said, one of the strangest experiences of my life. What a strange man.

How strange your marriage must have been.

I feel like if someone drives across the country to meet you .... if you decided you weren't interested upon meeting them you could still be decent enough to show them a good time.

I'm reasonably attractive and had only said one sentence when he stopped talking so I hardly thing things could have changed so much between the letters and the face to face meeting.

It still makes no sense.

I just wanted you to know you're not alone.
(BTW, I'm very happily married ... going on 10 years. Thank GOODNESS Bobby didn't talk to me that weekend or I could be the one in your shoes getting divorced!)

Wierd.
Best of luck for your future!

Your wisecrack (taken badly) may have saved you years of misery!

Lucky for you!!

BTW, best of luck to you, Darlene, as you move forward.

maryann

July 30, 2007, 10:56 pm CDT

What happened to...

Gosh, what was his name? The guy who SWORE he had exposed himself to so many millions of women, over a lot of years time. He was on the show, for the simple reason HE SAID...so that others could get help. HE swore he was cured and could move on with his life. He's the guy who sat next to women on the bus, and flashed them...then swore they enjoyed it and some of them took it further by having an encounter with him. Then his VERY YOUNG girlfriend was on the show, not knowing what the heck she was in for, and had no clue about this guy's history.

What happened to him? Or do we just have to hop on the next city bus to find out? Yikes!

Hallie

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next Page | Last Page