Message Boards

Topic : 07/12 What Happened Next?

Number of Replies: 44
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 05, 2007, 02:41:06 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Have you ever wondered what happens with Dr. Phil guests when the show is over? Get a sneak peak at some of the most controversial guests when the lights go down and the audience goes home. First up, Mary accused her daughter, Audrey, and son-in-law, Matt, of living in filth and neglecting their children. If you thought what you saw on the show was heated, you don't want to miss the backstage fireworks! Next, Kevin's wife, Shannon, accused him of being an angry bully who terrorized the family. After watching his behavior on home video, did he decide to make a change or stick to his scary behavior? Then, Aubrey turned in her sister, Elise for being an out-of-control, binge-drinker. She often left her 8-year-old son home with her mother while she went out to party. Did she go to rehab like she promised Dr. Phil? And, Terry wanted Dr. Phil to help her partner, Chris, get over his extremely jealous and paranoid ways. Was Chris able to tame the green-eyed monster, or is he still snooping on Terry? Finally, find out if two wives signed postnuptial agreements, if grandparents battling their ex-daughter-in-law were able to see their granddaughter and if an anorexic bride-to-be finally walked down the aisle. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 7, 2007, 10:20 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Happened Next Phil What? Well I had better see this one on Thursday July 12th, 2007. See you tomorrow Afternoon. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------

July 7, 2007, 12:01 pm CDT

I am giddyly looking forward to seeing this show.

This is so exciting! What a
wonderful show to look forward to!

July 7, 2007, 3:51 pm CDT

I want to see what happened to the obsessive husband

I think the woman's name was Jennifer. Can't remember the name of the controlling obsessive husband but Dr. Phil did several epiosodes .  I'd like to know if the man is in jail and if Jennifer ever went through with divorcing that pathetic man.

July 7, 2007, 4:04 pm CDT

Whatever happened to...........

Jeffrey?  I'm dying to know what became of this poor guy !!!!!!!!!!

July 7, 2007, 5:07 pm CDT

Awaiting the Outcome of Grandparent Rights...

Does anyone ever stop to consider what the children in these situations want?  Who gives a damn that the parent and grandparents don't get along, maybe they never will, but children still need the unconditional love of their grandparents.  Whether their mother likes grandma and grandpa should not be the focal point.  I am very upset about the subject of grandparent rights.  In the state of Georgia, where I am from, grandparents do not have any rights to their grandchildren.  I think at the very least they should get supervised visitation, if not one weekend a month. 

My nephew ended his life in March because his wife left him for another nephew of mine.  Now my brother is not allowed to see his grandchildren.  They are the only link to a son that he lost because of this woman.  She holds them over our heads, uses them as pawns, dangles them like a carrot, and toys with our emotions by keeping them away from a very loving family that wants to spend time with them and show them that they are precious and loved.  I do not understand the logic that women use in cases like this and it makes me sick that they care so little for their children that they would use them as a source of vindictive pleasure.

As long as the grandparents are loving to the grandchildren, the parent should put aside their personal feelings toward the ex in-laws.  They probably didn't get along while they were "in" the family anyway.  Put the kids first !!!  Isn't that what being a parent is about !!!

Good luck to the grandparents and their grandchildren, you are missing out on a great relationship.

July 7, 2007, 9:37 pm CDT

07/12 What Happened Next?

Quote From: samm1431

Does anyone ever stop to consider what the children in these situations want?  Who gives a damn that the parent and grandparents don't get along, maybe they never will, but children still need the unconditional love of their grandparents.  Whether their mother likes grandma and grandpa should not be the focal point.  I am very upset about the subject of grandparent rights.  In the state of Georgia, where I am from, grandparents do not have any rights to their grandchildren.  I think at the very least they should get supervised visitation, if not one weekend a month. 

My nephew ended his life in March because his wife left him for another nephew of mine.  Now my brother is not allowed to see his grandchildren.  They are the only link to a son that he lost because of this woman.  She holds them over our heads, uses them as pawns, dangles them like a carrot, and toys with our emotions by keeping them away from a very loving family that wants to spend time with them and show them that they are precious and loved.  I do not understand the logic that women use in cases like this and it makes me sick that they care so little for their children that they would use them as a source of vindictive pleasure.

As long as the grandparents are loving to the grandchildren, the parent should put aside their personal feelings toward the ex in-laws.  They probably didn't get along while they were "in" the family anyway.  Put the kids first !!!  Isn't that what being a parent is about !!!

Good luck to the grandparents and their grandchildren, you are missing out on a great relationship.

I absolutely agree with you.  Thank God your brother has you supporting him.  Tell him to never give up.

July 8, 2007, 1:03 am CDT

upset with dr. phil

If Chris and Terry are the couple where the husband was out of control with spying on his wife then I am curious to see an update.  I thought Dr. Phil was being so one sided in regards to the wife.  Did he not see the wife would push him into staying jealous.  She went to her mom's house to escape from him and then went out that very night.  She then posted pictures taken at the party she attended that night on her my-space account of her with other men.  She knows her husband if insanely jealous, yet she is smiling and taking pictures with men the very night she runs away from her him...come on now.  Dr. Phil I was really upset you didn't call her on her own issues.  She clearly didn't seem like she could be trusted.

By the way if this is not the couple I am thinking about...never mind.

July 8, 2007, 8:29 am CDT

TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR HOW TO TREAT OTHERS

In general, we don't learn much about healthy communication skills and interaction techniques in school or in our culture.  The only way we learn how to communicate and interact in relationships as adults is by what we see in our homes as we are growing up. 

HOW TO TREAT OTHERS (including family members): 

1.  Be kind, think kind thoughts, and use kind words

2.  Be gentle

3.  Take turns, be fair and share

4.  Be polite

5.  Care about others

6.  Be helpful

7.  Listen attentively  

8.  Respect the thoughts and feelings of others

9.  Give encouragement 

10. Cooperate with others

10a. Set healthy boundaries and be a worthy confidant

How to get posters for your family:

www.teachchildren.com/0768213932.html  

If you grew up in a family where you had to yell to be heard or acknowledged, while your partner grew up in a family where emotional outbursts were ignored or not tolerated, your divergent communication and interaction styles are going to get in the way of your long-term healthy bonding (with your partner and others). 

Hope it helps!

July 8, 2007, 8:51 am CDT

REPEATED INFIDELITY - MALE AND FEMALE

If you are with in a relationship with someone, you expect the relationship to grow and deepen over time; you expect a heart connection to be made and maintained.  You operate your life based on this expectation.  When your partner in the relationship does not or cannot make an emotional connection, the relationship becomes very painful.  Some of my favorite books that provide a great introduction and insight into personality types most capable of repeated infidelity are:

Why is it Always About You?  The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss  AND Emotional Blackmail:  When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation and Guilt to Manipulate You by Susan Forward  

Malignant Self Love:  Narcissism Revisited by Sam Vaknin MAYBE The Professional Bachelors Dating Guide:  How to Exploit Her Inner Psycho by Dr Brett Tate

Get Me Out of Here:  My Recovery From Borderline Personality Disorder by Rachel Reiland OR Girl Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen OR The Angry Heart:  Overcoming Borderline and Addictive Disorders by Joseph Santoro and Ronald Cohen

Healthy Boundaries Workbook: Using Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills to Set and Maintain Better Boundaries by Deborah Deiboldt Legge

Healing Anxiety and Depression (7 types of anxiety and depression) by Daniel Amen and Lisa Routh OR Getting Help:  The Complete and Authoritative Guide to Self-Assessment and Treatment of Mental Health Problems by Jeffrey Wood

How to Journal for Therapy:

http://arar.essortment.com/therapyjournali_repu.htm

There are relationships, marriages and families that are so destructive the only option is for a person to get out.  Get out with the little bit of sanity you may have remaining.  Make a promise to yourself to leave.  Leave so you can begin a life of healing and recovery.  Leave so you can learn to live a peaceful, joyful, supportive, and fulfilling life.

Hope it helps!

July 8, 2007, 11:35 am CDT

07/12 What Happened Next?

I seriously hope that Michelle got her eight year old child away from Cindy & Randy. They are so manipulative, from what I remember from two months ago.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last