Message Boards

Topic : Living with Chronic Pain

Number of Replies: 7290
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 09:06:20 am
Author : dataimport
Do you or someone you love suffer from chronic pain? Share support with others here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 16, 2008, 8:09 am CST

Living with Chronic Pain

Quote From: dianah

Good Morning Everyone

Were are starting to warm up here.. The wind chill this morning is only -18..... Air temp is -7.....

My sleep study went well last night.. I guess I hit the deep sleep mark and at 1 AM the Gal came in and put the sleep mask on me.. It was hard for a while, just different, but I was back to sleep in no time. She said the good news was that I did not need a high amount of air....

The Glue in my hair is the only down fall.. Will wash it out here after I have coffee with all of you.... She told me I could take a shower and I was like, No Thanks.. Going out with wet hair and a cold car was not my idea of a good time.....

Today my Dad has been gone 10 years.. Last Month on the 16th I put myself into a anxiety attack thinking it was the "date".. it was funny after my Mom told me.. "Diana, this is Nov, your Dad passed away in Dec"... now that was a good one on my part....

So today I feel calm about it.. I'm Okay with it...

Lashy...Wonderful you posted and remember, you don't have to thank friends... We Love You and just know you are not alone...... HUG HUG HUG....

Becky... Great to see you this morning...

Yes, we are in the deep cold here.. Yesterday we hit -25 and there was no school due to the cold.. Today the buses are running two hrs late....

I just got a call from the gal I clean for today and their water pipes froze and I guess it's a huge mess around the house... and they live in in a reg home also.. So I have the day off... Yeah......

Too funny about you and Chicago.. the thing about there is that they have the humidity along with the cold and it's a "bone chilling cold" when you add the humidity.. The good thing with us, we are a dry cold.....

I had jury duty yesterday and during lunch break, I ran to the feed store and bought another 150 pounds of cubes for the horses.. I'm now up to over 100.00 bucks.. but that's okay.... When I pull up, oh, they just talk and talk to me.... poor babies.. had ice hanging off their eye lashes and whiskers yesterday...

We still have at least two more loads to make over to Mom's.. but waiting for her to get things put up, so there is room for more "stuff".... Bless her heart... this is a good thing for her and the new home is so Nice and warm for her...

The kitchen in this place is just AWESOME.... I love it.....

Becky, take care and sending you... HUG HUG HUG......

Carol.... "Yahoo- Yippy-Skippy" and the good news..... Oh, I bet you are breathing and sleeping much easier now....

I so agree with Becky, second opinions are a Good Thing to do... And she speaks from "experience"... I remember when she was having surgery for her breast cancer. Oh Man.. she's one tough lady. And she is also very smart on checking things out and re-checking her options.....

Did you experience any problems with the "big storm" in your area??? I was thinking of you while I was watching the news.....

How is the neighbors Mother doing???

When will your trip to Boston take place???

I am so "happy" for You and Hubby... I know this has been so tough on you and the waiting games are the worst..... Sending you... HUGS HUGS HUGS

Okay...  As I was trying to head out the door last night, had a toilet over flow.. so need to get that mess cleaned up and going to work on the house today, since I am "off"......

I will also spend two hrs over at Moms and help her get the "high" parts of the kitchen cleaned...

I'm thinking meat-loaf for dinner. have not made that in years and sounds good....

Prof should be in Happy land this morning. I hope things went her way, for once and they were able to just clean things up and leave the shoulder parts in there.....

Let's all take a minute and send her our "hope and thoughts" for a speedy recovery ...................................

Sending all My Love and Hope for today... Love Dianah

HI Dianah,

Thank you for your good thoughts. I am still not relaxed about my husbands condition and I don't think I will be until he has been up in Boston and they have done the wide margin surgery and the lymph nodes come back clear. It is great news that all of the tests that his doctor did came back negative and if after these other tests are done it will be then that I can relax. I think the reality of the situation is hitting my husband now because going to Dana-Faber is making it more real to him. We are both not sleeping all that well but better than we were. No, we didn't get hit by that storm but my nephew hasn't had electricity for five days now and I guess it is a mess up there. Even with a wood burning stove the house is only 50degrees and he has three young children so they are at his wife's mothers house for now. My neighbors sister lives in NH and she was already on overload about her mom who isn't doing all that well(she isn't eating) and is now in a nursing home and they fear she may die if she doesn't start to eat and unfortunately she also lost her electricity and her home had a power surge when it attempted to come back on and ALL of the electrical things that were plugged in got destroyed...all the tv,computer,microwave,toaster,treadmill etc etc. so now she will have to replace all of that along with the worry of being fearful that her mom isn't going to make it...feel so badly for them..How has the weather been on your hands? Must be painful. Glad that your sleep test came back showing that the sleep apnea must be at a low level so that is good news. Will keep you posted on when my husband goes to Boston. Wish they would call just so that we have things in the works... I am keeping Prof. in my prayers I hope she makes out ok..take care.

~Carol~      

December 16, 2008, 8:32 am CST

Lashy

Quote From: lashawnna

I just wanted to tell everyone how I've appreciated all of the prayers and thoughts during this most difficult time in my life. I really don't know where I am in my life at this point. I'm just hanging on from second to second. I'm lost without my better-half, and I can't seem to bring myself to say good-bye. I should have had funeral arrangements made some days ago but I just can't do it.

I am sooooooo hurt, paining inside and it kills me everyday to know that my husband is never coming home again.

Dianah, Prof, Morgan, and Pickles thank you from the bottom of my heart, you guys have been amazing friend.

I love you all,

Lashy

I just can't imagine your pain in losing your husband...just know that God is with you...and I'll keep you in my prayers...Can you ask family help in planning the funeral?  It is a time to say goodbye and have some closure...and it is a time for you to grieve the loss of somebody so dear...yes, things will be difficult...but you can get through it...lean on your family and friends...pray a lot...you'll get through it...as bleak as it seems right now...

Hugs and prayers,

Becky

December 16, 2008, 9:00 am CST

howdy-ho neighbor

Good Morning Everyone

Were are starting to warm up here.. The wind chill this morning is only -18..... Air temp is -7.....

My sleep study went well last night.. I guess I hit the deep sleep mark and at 1 AM the Gal came in and put the sleep mask on me.. It was hard for a while, just different, but I was back to sleep in no time. She said the good news was that I did not need a high amount of air....

The Glue in my hair is the only down fall.. Will wash it out here after I have coffee with all of you.... She told me I could take a shower and I was like, No Thanks.. Going out with wet hair and a cold car was not my idea of a good time.....

Today my Dad has been gone 10 years.. Last Month on the 16th I put myself into a anxiety attack thinking it was the "date".. it was funny after my Mom told me.. "Diana, this is Nov, your Dad passed away in Dec"... now that was a good one on my part....

So today I feel calm about it.. I'm Okay with it...

Lashy...Wonderful you posted and remember, you don't have to thank friends... We Love You and just know you are not alone...... HUG HUG HUG....

Becky... Great to see you this morning...

Yes, we are in the deep cold here.. Yesterday we hit -25 and there was no school due to the cold.. Today the buses are running two hrs late....

I just got a call from the gal I clean for today and their water pipes froze and I guess it's a huge mess around the house... and they live in in a reg home also.. So I have the day off... Yeah......

Too funny about you and Chicago.. the thing about there is that they have the humidity along with the cold and it's a "bone chilling cold" when you add the humidity.. The good thing with us, we are a dry cold.....

I had jury duty yesterday and during lunch break, I ran to the feed store and bought another 150 pounds of cubes for the horses.. I'm now up to over 100.00 bucks.. but that's okay.... When I pull up, oh, they just talk and talk to me.... poor babies.. had ice hanging off their eye lashes and whiskers yesterday...

We still have at least two more loads to make over to Mom's.. but waiting for her to get things put up, so there is room for more "stuff".... Bless her heart... this is a good thing for her and the new home is so Nice and warm for her...

The kitchen in this place is just AWESOME.... I love it.....

Becky, take care and sending you... HUG HUG HUG......

Carol.... "Yahoo- Yippy-Skippy" and the good news..... Oh, I bet you are breathing and sleeping much easier now....

I so agree with Becky, second opinions are a Good Thing to do... And she speaks from "experience"... I remember when she was having surgery for her breast cancer. Oh Man.. she's one tough lady. And she is also very smart on checking things out and re-checking her options.....

Did you experience any problems with the "big storm" in your area??? I was thinking of you while I was watching the news.....

How is the neighbors Mother doing???

When will your trip to Boston take place???

I am so "happy" for You and Hubby... I know this has been so tough on you and the waiting games are the worst..... Sending you... HUGS HUGS HUGS

Okay...  As I was trying to head out the door last night, had a toilet over flow.. so need to get that mess cleaned up and going to work on the house today, since I am "off"......

I will also spend two hrs over at Moms and help her get the "high" parts of the kitchen cleaned...

I'm thinking meat-loaf for dinner. have not made that in years and sounds good....

Prof should be in Happy land this morning. I hope things went her way, for once and they were able to just clean things up and leave the shoulder parts in there.....

Let's all take a minute and send her our "hope and thoughts" for a speedy recovery ...................................

Sending all My Love and Hope for today... Love Dianah

Hi Dianah...I know what you mean about the goo in the hair after a sleep study...but the good news is...it washes out easily...I'm surprised that the sleep center doesn't have a hair dryer for people to use.

So...please give us more info on your sleep apnea...do you already have a CPAP machine?  If not, are you getting one? 

I LOVE my CPAP machine...I sleep so much better...there are several types of masks...I use the one that covers mouth and nose...because I am a mouth-breather when my sinuses give me trouble...I love the moist, warm air...my asthma has much improved since getting the CPAP, plus, colds don't last as long...probably because of the moist air...the other nice thing about my CPAP is that John is...um...gassy at night...and with the CPAP machine covering my mouth and nose, I don't have to smell it!!  I have nice, filtered air...I do take Temazepam to help me sleep...and I think that helps with tolerating something on my face...but I have the straps on the mask correctly adjusted, so it is comfortable and not bothersome at all...and I feel much better in the morning than without it...When I went to Cub Scout camp over the summer, I took my machine with me, and ran an extension cord out to my tent!!  Funny thing...two other people at camp did the same thing!!  We were all camped in close proximity to the plug-ins!!

John uses a CPAP machine too...and that is another reason I sleep better...because without his CPAP, John's snoring could wake the hybernating bears in the mountains!!  If he falls asleep on the couch, his snoring wakes me up, so I can wake him to get to bed to use his CPAP...without it, HE is a grouchy bear the next day!!

Plus, sleep apnea is dangerous for the heart...the frequent and sudden stopping of breathing, followed by the gasp for air, is bad for the heart...and untreated sleep apnea causes a higher risk of heart attack...just some incentive for anybody objecting to using their CPAP machines...I have a friend with congestive heart failure who doesn't use her CPAP because the mask leaves "marks" on her face in the morning...I say better to wake up with "marks" on my face than not to wake up at all......and the marks go away within an hour...it just really concerns me when people don't do what they have paid their doctors to tell them to do...why go at all??

Meat Loaf sounds delicious...the culinary kid is cooking us sauer kraut and pork...if he gets his behind out of bed, that is....sleeping beauty thinks he can sleep away the day....time for the squirt bottle again...the same squirt bottle that I use to train the kitten away from things she ought not do....

Carol...when is your husband's surgery?  It is good to ask lots of questions...and make sure that all of your questions are answered.  Before my mastectomy, I did a lot of research on breast cancer, and found out what my options were for treatment...that is how I discovered that the tamoxifen chemotherapy wouldn't get along with my heart arrhythmia....and doctors appreciate their patients and families educating themselves ahead of time...it makes the conversations so much more useful and meaningful...write a list of questions before you go to see the doctor with your husband...and don't leave until you are satisfied that your questions have been answered....I bring a list to every doctor's appointment...and I tell the doc at the beginning of the visit that I have a list...and I check off items on my list as they are addressed....the American Cancer Society has a really good website, which is informative on all types of cancer...the fact that your husband's cancer is rare gives you even more reasons to ask lots of questions...you have a right to have those questions answered....that is why you are paying the doctor....

For Prof...hopeful thoughts...air hugs...and prayers....

Well...off to the laundry mountain...half of our laundry is finished...now for the other half, and the kids' laundry....Becky

December 18, 2008, 6:01 am CST

Dec 18th Hello....

Good Morning

Still a heat-wave going on here, it's 10 above this morning and we hit 24 above yesterday.. Yahoo.........

I tried to get up yesterday at 5:30, my normal time and I could not get up.. re-set the alarm twice and got up at 8:30 and could not figure out why I was so sick.. Duh, forgot my evening meds and it's was kicking me hard.... So, got my meds in me and about 2 hrs came to life...

I just took yesterday off and hubby and I ran to Buffalo Wy and took his 4-wheeler over to the Dr.. I broke it last week.... it's stuck in R.... So then I spent the afternoon with a friend who manages a Motel over there and we went to a Pottery Store and it was the neatest building.. it's an old train station and half is this womens Pottery Store and teaching room with a row of wheels and the cooker thing and it' was so awesome in there.... and the other half is her home....

Then found a new little place that does home-made baked goods and also breads and canollies and sandwiches.. we got two pc of turtle cheesecake and one pc of carrot cake for my Hubby... Oh, this place was too cute.... and Yummy was the word....

Had lunch at this cute little gift store and in the back is the sandwich shop.. oh, we had chicken salad and it was the best I've ever had...

This town sits at the base of the Big Horn Mnt's and it's just a doll town.. I love it there.....

Also, it was a needed day for both of us......

I Have to Work today.. no getting around it... but I feel much better today....

Oh, my 87 yr old Grandma I take care of is in the hospital.. she woke up Tue and felt "drunk".. so they are thinking an inner ear viral infection.. So I hung up with daughter and ordered flowers....

I told Daughter I bet she was out with one of her boyfriends the night before.. ha ha ha ha......

BECKY.... Oh, Thank YOu for the good news on the cpap machine... I might need you to hold my hand for a few days on this....

I have to wait for the results to go to my Dr and then she will write a scrip for it.. But I have to go threw INS first.. So that means at least a month........ I'm guessing they will want a copy of the results.......

They put me on a nose mask and sent that home with me... so will see what I really need... But I can't wait to get hooked up on this.. I have heard it makes a HUGE difference and I NEED something here....

I never remember feeling so tired and NO ENERGY....

Let me share this with you.. I have bought one thing for Ch and that was last month at a Ch Open House we went to at Spring Creak Gifts and Flowers.. and it was a really cool hunting clock with a seceret hiding compartment for hubby....

I have not even put up my little tree or anything and I don't see it happening this year.. I have not done one card and like I said... Have not even thought about shopping.....

The good thing, the kids are getting gift cert for Cables and Daughter in-laws birthday, I'm getting her a gift cert also.. it's on the 30th of Dec... and I think that's as far as I'm going....

Good luck on the laundry.. I have spent two days working on it here... Uggggg.....

It's GREAT to see you on the board....... HUG HUG HUG...

Carol.. I am so glad you did not get hit by that storm.. Oh.. I so feel for everyone who did....

We have a generate and it will run two things... So the furnace is one and the other can be a fee one for anything we want to run.... but it scares me ....

You note to Lashy was so nice and I know she will be so touched by your thoughts.... I've tried to call her a few times and keep missing her.. So I am guessing she's out and about and getting things done.. Bless her heart......

It's so wonderful that you and hubby can lean on each other.. Do you know when you go to Boston yet??

Opps, phone is ringing.... HUG HUG HUG

All my Love and Hope for today... Love Diana

December 18, 2008, 8:35 am CST

insurance and CPAP

Good Morning

Still a heat-wave going on here, it's 10 above this morning and we hit 24 above yesterday.. Yahoo.........

I tried to get up yesterday at 5:30, my normal time and I could not get up.. re-set the alarm twice and got up at 8:30 and could not figure out why I was so sick.. Duh, forgot my evening meds and it's was kicking me hard.... So, got my meds in me and about 2 hrs came to life...

I just took yesterday off and hubby and I ran to Buffalo Wy and took his 4-wheeler over to the Dr.. I broke it last week.... it's stuck in R.... So then I spent the afternoon with a friend who manages a Motel over there and we went to a Pottery Store and it was the neatest building.. it's an old train station and half is this womens Pottery Store and teaching room with a row of wheels and the cooker thing and it' was so awesome in there.... and the other half is her home....

Then found a new little place that does home-made baked goods and also breads and canollies and sandwiches.. we got two pc of turtle cheesecake and one pc of carrot cake for my Hubby... Oh, this place was too cute.... and Yummy was the word....

Had lunch at this cute little gift store and in the back is the sandwich shop.. oh, we had chicken salad and it was the best I've ever had...

This town sits at the base of the Big Horn Mnt's and it's just a doll town.. I love it there.....

Also, it was a needed day for both of us......

I Have to Work today.. no getting around it... but I feel much better today....

Oh, my 87 yr old Grandma I take care of is in the hospital.. she woke up Tue and felt "drunk".. so they are thinking an inner ear viral infection.. So I hung up with daughter and ordered flowers....

I told Daughter I bet she was out with one of her boyfriends the night before.. ha ha ha ha......

BECKY.... Oh, Thank YOu for the good news on the cpap machine... I might need you to hold my hand for a few days on this....

I have to wait for the results to go to my Dr and then she will write a scrip for it.. But I have to go threw INS first.. So that means at least a month........ I'm guessing they will want a copy of the results.......

They put me on a nose mask and sent that home with me... so will see what I really need... But I can't wait to get hooked up on this.. I have heard it makes a HUGE difference and I NEED something here....

I never remember feeling so tired and NO ENERGY....

Let me share this with you.. I have bought one thing for Ch and that was last month at a Ch Open House we went to at Spring Creak Gifts and Flowers.. and it was a really cool hunting clock with a seceret hiding compartment for hubby....

I have not even put up my little tree or anything and I don't see it happening this year.. I have not done one card and like I said... Have not even thought about shopping.....

The good thing, the kids are getting gift cert for Cables and Daughter in-laws birthday, I'm getting her a gift cert also.. it's on the 30th of Dec... and I think that's as far as I'm going....

Good luck on the laundry.. I have spent two days working on it here... Uggggg.....

It's GREAT to see you on the board....... HUG HUG HUG...

Carol.. I am so glad you did not get hit by that storm.. Oh.. I so feel for everyone who did....

We have a generate and it will run two things... So the furnace is one and the other can be a fee one for anything we want to run.... but it scares me ....

You note to Lashy was so nice and I know she will be so touched by your thoughts.... I've tried to call her a few times and keep missing her.. So I am guessing she's out and about and getting things done.. Bless her heart......

It's so wonderful that you and hubby can lean on each other.. Do you know when you go to Boston yet??

Opps, phone is ringing.... HUG HUG HUG

All my Love and Hope for today... Love Diana

Usually, the doctor's office can get insurance approval pretty quickly by phone...the insurance company usually makes you rent the machine for a few months to make sure that it is going to work for you...then, at some point, they come back and pay for you to purchase the machine, due to long-term needs...and with our doc, the rental applied toward purchase...be sure that your insurance covers at the place where you will be getting your machine...our insurance only pays 60% to get it through the doctor, but 80% if purchased through the medical supply store...

Anyway...still trying to get oldest son out of bed...he needs to be at work early...well 10:00...that's early for him...but we need to leave at 9:00, which is in 30 minutes...and he still needs a shower and breakfast!!  Time for the water bottle to squirt him....good grief!!

The word here is cold...and major snow coming....10.1 F right now...probably warmer than you...our friend's water pipes froze and broke...so we let them use our bathroom last night....the plumber is coming today....plus, there are frozen and broken pipes at the Scout Hall...a plumber is coming today to see how bad the damage is...the Lions Club owns the building, and they don't have a lot of money for repairs...the Scouts might just need to do a special fund-raiser to help pay for the repairs....

Anyway...have a good day...stay warm!!

I wonder how Prof is doing...hopefully OK...

Becky

December 19, 2008, 3:36 am CST

Up-date on Prof

Good Morning

Had an e-mail from Hank on how Prof is doing.

They did take out the shoulder replacement and put in a spacer that is loaded with antibiotics. This needs to stay in for 3 months.  Her condition is "good". However the Pain is HIGH.

Today they are going to X-ray her hip and see if this is infected also. 

I am crossing my fingers and toes that there will be NO infection in her hip.. It's just to the point for her that enough is enough....

At this point and time, she has no shoulders at all, both sides.  Adding anymore is not good...

So lets send her our thoughts-prayers and hope..........................................

Love Dianah

December 19, 2008, 3:56 am CST

Two days in a row... Yahoo....

Quote From: mustbecrazy

Usually, the doctor's office can get insurance approval pretty quickly by phone...the insurance company usually makes you rent the machine for a few months to make sure that it is going to work for you...then, at some point, they come back and pay for you to purchase the machine, due to long-term needs...and with our doc, the rental applied toward purchase...be sure that your insurance covers at the place where you will be getting your machine...our insurance only pays 60% to get it through the doctor, but 80% if purchased through the medical supply store...

Anyway...still trying to get oldest son out of bed...he needs to be at work early...well 10:00...that's early for him...but we need to leave at 9:00, which is in 30 minutes...and he still needs a shower and breakfast!!  Time for the water bottle to squirt him....good grief!!

The word here is cold...and major snow coming....10.1 F right now...probably warmer than you...our friend's water pipes froze and broke...so we let them use our bathroom last night....the plumber is coming today....plus, there are frozen and broken pipes at the Scout Hall...a plumber is coming today to see how bad the damage is...the Lions Club owns the building, and they don't have a lot of money for repairs...the Scouts might just need to do a special fund-raiser to help pay for the repairs....

Anyway...have a good day...stay warm!!

I wonder how Prof is doing...hopefully OK...

Becky

Hi there Becky

I was so glad to see you this morning.

I woke up at 3:30 with Hubby and just could not go back to sleep. So I know "nap" will be happening later on this afternoon..

I don't know how he does this shift work and long hours. Uggggg......

Again, Thank You for the info.. I will be sure to check out a few of the medical places and see which one has the best "price"....

I know when she woke me up and put the mask on, she asked if I wanted to read or watch TV and I was like no.. I'm going back to sleep and that's just what I did.. I know it took me a while to go back to sleep, I had to "talk" myself into this was okay and that I could breath... but I went right back to sleep and slept until she woke me up at 5....

So I "think" I will be okay once I get it.. I sleep so HARD, that I think this will be okay and I know I need something to Help me here.. I am so tired all the time...

I have to laugh... I was thinking it's a good thing hubby and I have been together so long, or I would be freaking out about how I "look" while I'm sleeping... So glad old age is okay with both of us... HA HA HA...

Sounds like Son is a Night Owl not a day Owl... My midd step-son was the same way.. he always pushed the time in the morning.. first it was school and then work.. Use to Drive Me Crazy!!!!!!

I heard yesteday that you were getting the snow and also OR was too.. Some guy was sledding down his drive way and hit a car.. Paul Harvey said he WAS 60 yrs old....

I don't remember hearing about so many "houses" and "buildings" freezing up like I have this past week and half...

We live in a dbl wide trailer and for the last 19 yrs we have never ever had a pipe freeze, until last week...

The good thing, we got it going in about half an hr... We just turned the heat on full blast and opened all the cupboards and closed the doors and let it get warm and wham.. had water again....

But the houses that are freezing up is amazing... and a huge mess and expense also....

My weather bug is calling for 30 to 40 below wind chills starting this afternoon at 5.... So here we go again...

And the down side is my Grandma I take care of, got home late yesterday afternoon and wants me to keep an extra eye on her... Driving in 30 to 40 below wind chills is not a good idea... So I guess the phone is going to have be the "check in" over the weekend...

It's just not safe to get out and try to drive in this deep cold.....

I guess our kids get out of school early today for Ch break.. Two weeks......

When do your kids get out for ch break?????

Wonderful to see you this morning.....

You have a safe and good day also

HUG HUG HUG... Love Diana

December 19, 2008, 4:05 am CST

Carol, are you out there????

HI there My Dear Friend

You have been quiet the last few days, so thought I better check up on you....

Heatwave this morning.. it's 33 above, but will not last long here. Calling for another deep freeze starting late this afternoon.. We will have 30 to 40 below wind chill. again..... This is just crazy for us..

Our Cold usually hits in Jan.. not Dec......

I HAVE to hit the feed store again today.. that's a must... with the cold coming in again, I want the horses tummy's nice and full and for them to have plenty to eat over the weekend...

And if the cold hits late today, I will not be driving at all over the weekend.. it's just not safe to be out in it..

Ohhhh... I need to do too many things today.. I need to get one house cleaned before the kids get out early and need to check on my 87 yr old Grandma I take care of and guessing I will need to go to the store and need to hit the bank and feed store and grocery store myself.......

Nothing to it..... ha ha ha......

I hope you have a good Friday .....

HUG HUG HUG... Love Diana

December 19, 2008, 4:09 am CST

BECKY AND CAROL..... IMPORTAIN....

HEY..... from what Prof was telling "us".. the board will be ending the first of the year....

SO... I wanted to pass along my e-mail address to both of you.. I dont want to loose you two.........

Wish I was "smart" and could do a site like this, so we could keep going... but, no luck on my end.....

SO.. if you want, here is my address.....

dharden@collinscom.net

collins is with two L's.......

Diana

December 19, 2008, 9:41 am CST

Living with Chronic Pain

HEY..... from what Prof was telling "us".. the board will be ending the first of the year....

SO... I wanted to pass along my e-mail address to both of you.. I dont want to loose you two.........

Wish I was "smart" and could do a site like this, so we could keep going... but, no luck on my end.....

SO.. if you want, here is my address.....

dharden@collinscom.net

collins is with two L's.......

Diana

Hi Diana,

Thank you for thinking of me and giving me your e-mail address. Mine is Carol0520@aol.com and Becky I would like to hear from you also. I have been waiting for Dana Faber to give us a call with a date to go in but so far we haven't heard from them. They had said that the doctor would need to get all of the info from my husbands doctor and then go over it before they would make an apt. they said possibly on Christmas Eve day. Not exactly the memory I want to have associated with Christmas but I will just be grateful when he has gone in there and gotten their thoughts on things. Talked to my favorite uncle this morning because I had sent him a picture I had taken of him and his granddaughter and great-granddaughter at his daughter Christmas get together and he called to thank me and I told him about my husband and he was giving me some things to be aware of because his wife had gone through a similar thing with melanoma. She didn't make it but she was old and frail and had many health issues so I am not thinking that the same thing will happen to my husband. He told me he would pray for us and he is very fond of my husband so I know he felt badly but he is family and should know what is going on...been thinking of Prof. will have to check the new site here if this place is not in service when she is able to right. I pray that she did ok and is on the road to health. We are getting a big snowstorm very shortly and more to come on Sunday...not looking forward to that. Love the beauty of the snow but not the slippery roads...will check in with you tomorrow...again thank you Diana for thinking of me....you make me laugh and we all need to laugh more and cry less if possible...take care. ~Carol~

First | Prev | 720 | 721 | 722 | 723 | 724 | 725 | 726 | 727 | 728 | Next | Last