Message Boards

Topic : Staying Sick or Exaggerating for the Payoff?

Number of Replies: 60
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 09:06:53 am
Author : dataimport
It's a sad fact that some folks enjoy the attention received during a time of recuperation from illness. But perhaps it really isn't the boy who cried wolf - and it's hard to tell what's true and what isn't. Sound familiar? Share your stories here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 9, 2005, 5:57 pm CST

Staying Sick or Exaggerating for the Payoff?

Quote From: lswinney

Hi there, this is my first time on the message board so I am new at this, my brothers and sister and I grew up believing that my sister had cancer when she was 11 years old, we all remember my sister going through cemo, and her throwing up and being very sick, just recently my brithers and sister and I found out that she has lied to all of us for 19 years, she has admitted to drugging my sister and taking her to sit doctors offices waiting rooms so she would think she getting tests, she convinced my dad and the church and family and friends. 

My mother has a long history of illnesses her self including cancer ,pancreas problems and more, there is a long history of alchol and mental and physical abuse expecially with my sister and I. 

We now have discovered that she faked several of her own illnesses and may still be doing so. 

This has torn my family apart and since I am the big sister and pretty much raised them since I was 17 they turn to me for help, my brothers dont want to deal with it and my sister wont have anything to do with her, my mother calls me daily and tries to manipulate and controll me to keep me on her side, I actually agreed to work on Thanksgiving so I wouldnt have to deal with her. 

I am disgusted and sick over what my mother has done but of course I still love her and dont know what to do! I cant afford counseling for her or myself and she is a caregiver to an elderly woman and I am very worried she might hurt her for attention, if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate the advice Thanks! 

If you can, find someone else to care for the elderly woman. Chances are counseling will not work for your mother. She would have to be extremely motivated to change and in it is not worth risking someone who may not be able to defend themselves.

December 20, 2005, 7:37 am CST

MY MOM IS DRIVEING ME CRAZY SHE HAS A RARE BLOOD DISORDER

MY MOM IS A GOOD WOMAN. BUT SHE HAS THIS BLOOD DISORDER. MYLODISPLACIA. IT IS A FORM OF CANCER BUT NOT CANCER. SHE HAS ALWAYS COMPLAIND OF THIS OR THAT OVER THE YEARS. I'M CONCERNED ABOUT HER SHE IS DEPRESSED. SHE IS ON DRUGS TO HELP. SHE TRIES TO RUN MY LIFE. I'M 41YEARS OLD. SHE GIVES ME ADVICE I DON'T ASK FOR. SHE WORRIES ABOUT MY BILLS AND MY LIFE AND IT IS NONE OF HER CONCERN. I HAVE A BROTHER THAT IS BI POLAR FROM DRINKING AND DRUGS. HE DOES NOT STAY ON HIS MEDS. HE IS 47 YEARS OLD HE LIVES IN HER HOUSE. SHE HAS AN APARTMENT SHE LIVES IN SO SHE CAN BE CLOSER TO THE HOSPITAL. HE HAS NOT HAD A JOB IN OVER 6 MONTHS. HE CAN WORK DOING ANYTHING. I WORK IN A NURSING HOME AS A NURSES AID. HE CAN WORK AT BURGER KING. BUT NO HE WANT S TO PARTY AND LIVE LIFE FOR HIM AND HE IS A VERY NEEDY PERSON. HE NEEDS TO BE PUT OUT IN THE STREETS TO FEND FOR HIM SELF. BUT MY MOM WILL NOT SEE OR DO THAT. I LOVE HIM  FOR WHO HE IS. BUT NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE FOR HIM. I TELL MY MOM TO MAKE IT SIMPLE JUST LET HIM GO. I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR HIM AT ALL. HE HAS MADE HIS BED HE NEEDS TO LIE IN IT. HE WILL NOT GET HELP. I WANT MOM TO GO AND TALK TO A THERIPIST. SHE SAYS I DON'T NEED HELP AT 76 YEARS OLD THEY WILL TELL ME WHAT I ALREADY KNOW. BUT I'M THE ONE THAT SPEAKS MY MIND AND SAYS THE TRUTH AND SHE SAYS I NEED HELP. NOT HER. THAT SHE IS NOT CRAZY. I TOLD HER IT WOULD GIVE HER BETTER RESOURSES AND WHAT TO DO WITH HER LIFE. HOW TO BETTER COPE WITH HER BLOOD DISORDER. AND PROBS WITH MY BROTHER. THEY COULD HELP HER WITH HOW TO DEAL WITH MY FAMILY. SHE GETS SO MAD AT ME. SHE FOUND OUT HOW MUCH I OWED ON MY CREDIT CARD BILLS. I JUST FREAKED OUT. I WAS YELLING TO HER VERY HARD. I TOLD HER IT WAS NONE OF HER BUSSINESS. THEN SHE PUT MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT FOR THE CELL BILL SHE IS ON WITH ME. I HAD JUST COME BACK FROM VACATION SHE SAID I CAN'T BELEAVE YOU HAVE NO MONEY. I HAD JUST PAID MY MORGAGE. I SAID YOU ARE NOT THE ONE THAT PAYS MY BILLS. STAY OUT OF MY PROBS. SHE JUST THROWS THINGS BACK IN MY FACE. SHE SAYS SOME HATEFULL THINGS TO ME AND TURNS AROUND AND SAYS I TREAT HER LIKE A DOG AND THAT I NEED HELP. I WENT AND TALKED TO A COUNSLER AND SHE SAYS IT IS HER NOT ME. I JUST DON'T TELL HER THINGS THEN SHE GETS ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE. BUT YOU KNOW SHE WAS ALWAYS SO POSITVE. MY BROTHER IS NEEDY. I'M INDEPENDANT. SHE HATES THAT I'M THAT WAY. I HAVE MY DRIVERS LISANCE KNOW I WORKED 3 YEARS TO GET IT. I'M LOOKING FOR A CAR KNOW. SHE WAS SCARED AND STILL IS BECAUSE SHE DID NOT WANT ME TO GET IT. SHE THINKS ONCE I GET MY CAR I WILL NOT NEED HER ANYMORE. SHE ALWAYS SAYS WHEN I DIE YOU WILL THINK ABOUT WHAT I SAID ABOUT THE ADVICE I GAVE YOU. SHE IS ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT DIEING. WE ALL DIE IN OWER TIME. WHAT SHOULD I DO. SHE MAKES ME GET TENSED UP AND I GET MIGRAINS. I'M A VERY HAPPY UBEAT PERSON AND LOVE MY LIFE IT IS RICH AND FULL EXCEPT A GOOD MAN TO LOVE. BUT THAT WILL COME SOONER OR LATER. SMILES SUZY Q

December 24, 2005, 4:39 pm CST

Seasons of Love

Hey You know what song I really like that brings hope and sometimes even realization of how near sighted we are, but in the end all is good. The song Seasons of Love by the cast of RENT. Its something that can lift you up. It tells you how precious each moment is and life is too short to dwell on the past or let fear control us. How do you measure one's life? How many days or mintues? Or how much he/she has accomplsihed? The way that they died? Measure his/her life in Love! 

Merry Christmas everybody!! 

Jenny 

December 25, 2005, 6:33 pm CST

Mther n law always needing surgery for something is driving me cray.

My mother n law is nuts. I have never in all my life met a person who wanted to be sick or in pain like this women. From cancer three different places to back surgery to ankle brace, she will find anything to wine about, it drives my husband nuts. We try to avoid her at all costs, so self centered it is sick. You will not hear Hi, how are you its instantly I have the worst headache, I have been so sick I puked all night and now I have to get all these test....... It drives us nuts. I wish she'd give it up,I think the doctors get so sick of hearing her calling all the time they do the tests and surgery's to shut her up for a while. 

January 6, 2006, 8:56 pm CST

hmm..

Quote From: loriann3

My mother n law is nuts. I have never in all my life met a person who wanted to be sick or in pain like this women. From cancer three different places to back surgery to ankle brace, she will find anything to wine about, it drives my husband nuts. We try to avoid her at all costs, so self centered it is sick. You will not hear Hi, how are you its instantly I have the worst headache, I have been so sick I puked all night and now I have to get all these test....... It drives us nuts. I wish she'd give it up,I think the doctors get so sick of hearing her calling all the time they do the tests and surgery's to shut her up for a while. 

Wow,,that was very rude. Your mother in law is definetley not "NUTS". Im 15 and people dont just want to be sick or in pain for the fun of it. I started wanting to get sick and die, and get cancer, and hurt myself at he age of 13. Its not fun. I know other people who feel the same way i do. And we do it all for a reason. Now of course they might not be all the same reason y. But i dont reallyy know y i do it, i mostly like hurting myself or wanting to die or get cancer, because of depression. I guess i wanted attention. I would tell ppl and put it my name TOMOROW IM GONNA GET CANCER and id be all happy, and thinking that saying that maybe it will come true. I want to get sick, i want to be hurt because.. i dont knoe maybe because ive been depressed all my life and am getting better now, butt since thts all i know of my life, i dont want to let it go. Wow though that was really harsh about your mother in law. And she wants that let her think that just say its ok,,, or just  ask her if somethings bugging her. Saying rude stuff about her like that will never make her stop.

February 4, 2006, 10:19 pm CST

Coping with a parent with possible munchausen

Hello my name is Emily and i am 30 yrs old with 3 children.  I am writing about my mother and hoping to get some advice on her situation and how to cope with it. 

All my life my mother has been sick with "something" Her illnesses always seem to coincide with a big event happening with someone else or to someone else that she knows.  I have been told this has been going on since before i was born, but my first memory of it is when i was  11 years old. My mother sat me down and told me she was dying of cancer. From then on my world was turned upside down every time she had a "relapse" of some sort.. I do remember going to dr appointments with her many times and to the hospital for tests alot.  My mother is a sick woman, she DOES have some medical problems. I have been in and out of hospitals and emergency rooms with her for years. But i believe she may be causing her symptoms to be worse by adjusting her medications etc.  She is on blood thinners for her heart, but she only takes them when she wants, or she takes too much, or i caught her last month buying 2 VERY large bottles of aspirin which you cannot mix with blood thinners.  This has caused her to have many other medical problems.  She will never allow anyone to go to her dr appts with her and if we do go with her, we are not alowed to go into the room to hear what is being said.   

I have even started keepign records of every time she tells me of a new illness she has.  It seems about every week to 2 weeks she has a new medical problem.  She has lost so many friends because of this and so have i.  I believed so much of her illnesses for so long that i would become angry with anyone who questioned them.  But it has seriously affected my life as well.  When i got married, she told everyone that helped with my wedding planning that she was dying and might not make it to my wedding.  The whole wedding became about her and how sick she was.  On my wedding day instead of people comign up to me and my husbnad to congratulate us, they would ask what the prognosis was for my mother. That was 7 years ago and she is still here.  During the birth of my last child, my mother attended  as she always does, but she had a friend  come along to help care for HER.  while i was layign in bed breathing through a painful contraction, the woman came over to me and whispered in my ear, "dont worry, im takign good care of your mom, she will be okay."  I was stunned because i didnt know there was anything worng with her!  And of course there really wasnt. And a beautiful event that was supposed to be about me my husband and my baby, became about her.  These are just a couple of examples of many instances.  She also lies a great deal about very trivial things and seems to almost believe her own lies. It could be somethign so simple but she will continue to lie even when she has been caught and confronted.   

The main problem is, shes my mom and i love her.  I have my own problems and issues and my therapist told me at one point that my mother has caused many of my issues and that i shoud stay away from her as she is bad for me and brings me down and the way she treats me is unhealthy.  But i cant, i love her and i am an only child and i feel i need her.  I have 3 children who adore her, but my 7 yr old is starting to notice that grandma  always has something wrong with her and my 2 yr old pretends to lean over and hold him stomach, fake coughs sometimes and mimics her behaviors.  SHe thinks its cute.  It scares me.  But again, she is all i have.  And i am not a perfect but i wouldnt want anyone to abandon me because of my faults.  I want to address this with her, but she gets very angry. if i act like i dont care about her ilnesses she gets angry and verbally abusive.  I am basically scared of her and scared that she will disown me, (which she does from time to time).  So i do my best to keep on her good side. I like going over and having dinner with my parents and taking the kids over to see them, i dont want to lose that.  But i want to go through a month without a BIG sickness or hospital visit. 

Im sorry this is so long, this is the first time ive said this to anyone but my husband.  If there is anyone with any thoughts, or help, or know of any support groups for family members with this type of situation that would be a huge help to me. 

thank you so much for listening, 

emily 

February 8, 2006, 6:02 am CST

Kristie

Quote From: fyte4acure

I had a good talk with the relative.  I told her how I felt, and did not get all upset at her and allowed her to vent.  Although I do have to bite my lip from saying harsh things because I get frustrated with the way she does things, I must remember that I love her, and that telling her I am really concerned with her, and hope she gets better is what she truly needs.  I suppose some need the extra love and attention when they aren't getting it elsewheres, or maybe they are depressed.  She told me she is depressed, without my even asking.  She felt good to vent to me, even though it was hard to bite my lip.  But I am glad I could be there for her.  I just wish I could help her by listening to her, and it's hard to when exaggeration comes into play.  I did tell her that I truly feel the meds are making her into someone else, and she agreed which was a surprise to me.  She thanks me for my concern, and she knows why I'm upset.  It was nice to use this site as a sound board.  After I wrote this posting I thought more and more about the options I had and it came clear to me that I should just try to talk to her.  Luckily she wasn't defensive this time, and luckily I bit my lip and listened. 

Posting to myself since no one responded... but might be reading this... 

Kristie : ) 

Hi!  I know exactly what type of person you are talking about.  Back in high school, my best friend was like that.  She went on to get married and have 2 children after high school and her whining just got worse and worse.  I happened to mention it to my Mom and she gave me some great advice that I still use today if I encounter someone like that.  The advice was that whenever my friend started whining about having this illness or that pain, etc., I should just simply say "I sure am glad that I don't have that!" and leave it at that.  It worked!  It only took a couple of times of saying that to her and she completely stopped whining to me.  I have tried it on other people I have encountered as well and it works every time.  Thanks Mom for that truly useful advice! 

-Robin 

February 8, 2006, 6:14 am CST

"sick" Mom

Quote From: emmiew

Hello my name is Emily and i am 30 yrs old with 3 children.  I am writing about my mother and hoping to get some advice on her situation and how to cope with it. 

All my life my mother has been sick with "something" Her illnesses always seem to coincide with a big event happening with someone else or to someone else that she knows.  I have been told this has been going on since before i was born, but my first memory of it is when i was  11 years old. My mother sat me down and told me she was dying of cancer. From then on my world was turned upside down every time she had a "relapse" of some sort.. I do remember going to dr appointments with her many times and to the hospital for tests alot.  My mother is a sick woman, she DOES have some medical problems. I have been in and out of hospitals and emergency rooms with her for years. But i believe she may be causing her symptoms to be worse by adjusting her medications etc.  She is on blood thinners for her heart, but she only takes them when she wants, or she takes too much, or i caught her last month buying 2 VERY large bottles of aspirin which you cannot mix with blood thinners.  This has caused her to have many other medical problems.  She will never allow anyone to go to her dr appts with her and if we do go with her, we are not alowed to go into the room to hear what is being said.   

I have even started keepign records of every time she tells me of a new illness she has.  It seems about every week to 2 weeks she has a new medical problem.  She has lost so many friends because of this and so have i.  I believed so much of her illnesses for so long that i would become angry with anyone who questioned them.  But it has seriously affected my life as well.  When i got married, she told everyone that helped with my wedding planning that she was dying and might not make it to my wedding.  The whole wedding became about her and how sick she was.  On my wedding day instead of people comign up to me and my husbnad to congratulate us, they would ask what the prognosis was for my mother. That was 7 years ago and she is still here.  During the birth of my last child, my mother attended  as she always does, but she had a friend  come along to help care for HER.  while i was layign in bed breathing through a painful contraction, the woman came over to me and whispered in my ear, "dont worry, im takign good care of your mom, she will be okay."  I was stunned because i didnt know there was anything worng with her!  And of course there really wasnt. And a beautiful event that was supposed to be about me my husband and my baby, became about her.  These are just a couple of examples of many instances.  She also lies a great deal about very trivial things and seems to almost believe her own lies. It could be somethign so simple but she will continue to lie even when she has been caught and confronted.   

The main problem is, shes my mom and i love her.  I have my own problems and issues and my therapist told me at one point that my mother has caused many of my issues and that i shoud stay away from her as she is bad for me and brings me down and the way she treats me is unhealthy.  But i cant, i love her and i am an only child and i feel i need her.  I have 3 children who adore her, but my 7 yr old is starting to notice that grandma  always has something wrong with her and my 2 yr old pretends to lean over and hold him stomach, fake coughs sometimes and mimics her behaviors.  SHe thinks its cute.  It scares me.  But again, she is all i have.  And i am not a perfect but i wouldnt want anyone to abandon me because of my faults.  I want to address this with her, but she gets very angry. if i act like i dont care about her ilnesses she gets angry and verbally abusive.  I am basically scared of her and scared that she will disown me, (which she does from time to time).  So i do my best to keep on her good side. I like going over and having dinner with my parents and taking the kids over to see them, i dont want to lose that.  But i want to go through a month without a BIG sickness or hospital visit. 

Im sorry this is so long, this is the first time ive said this to anyone but my husband.  If there is anyone with any thoughts, or help, or know of any support groups for family members with this type of situation that would be a huge help to me. 

thank you so much for listening, 

emily 

Is it possible to make an appointment with her Doctor (for you, not her) and just tell him what is going on?  I realize he can't talk about her health with you, but I would sure think he would listen if you were the one to do the talking and let him know what she is up to.  Maybe then, her Doctor will be prepared for her on her next visit and let him confront her.  Just an idea.  I wish you all the luck in the world.  I know that dealing with people like that is very stressful. 

February 14, 2006, 10:56 am CST

Chronically, clinically and documented

Quote From: emuposs

Hi all,  

Im a lady in Australia currently suffering from Vestibular Neuronitis.  I have been off work since feb 2004.  I have manage to get back to work in August 2005 but now Im back with issues of ill health and viability of continueing work.   

Vestibular Neuronitis is where you have constant vertigo.  You move slower to minimise the spinning, sometimes you fall over, you sometimes have brain fog and unable to think quickly.  All though we look normal our inside world is a spinning mess!!!   Its not something you die from but it does disrupt our lives.  Im worried I will get the sack from too many miss days at work.  Its hard to go catch the bus when your world is spinning and you feel like your drunk 24/7.  I should state I don't drink alcohol and I don't take drugs.   There is not much the doctors can do for it and apparently your own body gets used to it or something.   

I had a friend who loved being in hospital gaining attention and doing stupid things to get herself in hospital.   Thankfully she has stopped this, but I think it stems from something missing in her own life that she feels/felt the need to do it.   

Im just here to let you know that going through a chronic illness and that from the outsider we all look normal.  Doesn't mean something is not happening.    

My spinning life is hell.   Work, income, friends, family are all an issue.   

Take Care 

Blessed Be 

Emuposs.  

Hello out there , first let me tell you, I was healthy and productive , happy and a shop a -hollic until, my first documented infection, this was just a simple nail puncture. I love working in the garden on my days off from 2 jobs and three teenagers and three grandchildren. I love life still do, still try to do normal things like shop and paint and will try to dance.  

After the infections, before I got the nail infection that spinned off into my body, I got bite by a Lyme in fected tick, I have seen the best in other state, I have a positive Lyme titer every time other than when they have me on IV anitboitic. I have fevers on and off, chills , pain and swellling in the joints, my ANA is high a blood test 160 -200, along with Sediamentation Rate over 10 times the normal level 105, check with you favorite physician. I have Lymphempia rare from Chemo CD3 CD4 CD8, that was only to protect me from developing because I had high multi-pre cancerous growths in my breast both of them, and they recommended removing them, that was an easy choice not, I just wanted to suffer for the attention. Having had JRA and  now RA . the MRI not me, show such bad decaying that I am in need of replacement of both knees, it has been painful for years, but my immune system would not allow for surgery, and anti- inflammatories and steroid caused more problems.  My MRI shows my should is seperated, and frayed and torn at the rotator cuff, have you ever experieinced any of these pains. I have had so many operation, feared for my life, and very alone, know one can save you if something goes wrong, avoiding them could have for sure meant my life. I live with a port in my chest, that is painful, a cavity that an implant failed, and scar tisuue that feel like my chest has been riped open again.  

I lay in bed at night praying for relief, and reminding me that I am not alone. I live alone though I have family. I have had sevral life threatening surgeries, and each time, I came home too a emty house. Do you know what a drain is, well I had 6 of them hanging from the tissue in my chest. I had too call someone to empty them, I could not reach the two under my arm pits.  

Do you know what it is like to have arthritis pain, stop talking them , you are judging. It is usually coming from someone that has a problem with self, that is you have a disorder known as the ME syndrome. You probably forget that person is the one, that got up in the middle of the night to care for you, when you were puking, and sick. They picked you up when you were hurt, every break a bone, it hurt, who was loving and caring too you.  

It takes time from your life, it takes emotion, it takes a loving heart. Maybe you so not like the feelings that are generated from her complaining. In most cases, most no one wants too suffer, no one wants to complain, it is humilating, it is like begging.  

Just maybe if you checked in on her, brought her flowers, or send a card telling her you are praying for her, you love her and you stop judging her, you may find she might be frighten. Pain is a signal in the body that something is wrong.  

Not to say all are terminal, but buddy do you know as a Cancer Advocate how many, complained, were judged by their family and friends and spouses and are dead from the underlying problem, and all the test and hospitalizations did not find it.  

I lost two very close friends, both were being brushed of as hypocondrac, they had cancer both, rare forms.  

It is better to love and be compassionate, I have a friend she is mildly special needs, she is a teacher aid, she was living in abusive situation with her family. She was suffering chest pains, she was convienced, she was dying of cancer or heart failure. Short story, I got her to move out of that situation, it was the stress, the muscles in her chest tighten up so much, she suffers real chest pains, they are real. The resolved with the change or resolution to the issues, it happens now every time she is put up against a wall. I am training her to leave the situation, bring in a mediator or do not go back, deal with the situation in a different way if you can.  

Love, kindness, and recalling your needs in the past, she is human she has the same. Offered to go and listen to her doctor, they do not just cut some one open for nothing, they have peer review and the HMO watch very closely. Stop now, before you make her depressed, you can do that and not even mean too. Judge not less you want too be judged later. When I am looking find maybe I am on a medication that is working now, or remission, or just striving to live , before life passes me by, like the rest of the world. Do that mean I am not chronically ill, "I wish".  

We have dream and asperations too.  

Say a pray for you and her and I will too.  

Extreme 206 

February 16, 2006, 11:34 pm CST

Mental reasons for loss of Jobs

Quote From: frinster

My problem is that I lost my job last year in March because I was mentally unable to do my job anymore. I worked there 8 years and the last two years I was written up three times for not following proper procedures and my annual evals took a big hit, which meant my salary did too. But not just work was affected. Every aspect of my life was. I am fighting the bipolar monster along with hallucinations, insomnia, poor memory and many other things not the least of which is OCD and panic disorder which really play havoc with my day. Now I applied for SSI last July and of course I was denied, so I have appealed and my doctor advised me to 'dress it up' a little, meaning the applications. I did NOT lie, but may have exaggerated some. Was that so wrong? I don't know what else to do. I cannot work at all right now. I think I will again someday, in the near future, but right now I have days where just brushing my teeth is such an overwhelming task, I just can't do it.

My heart goes out to anyone of you that lost-ed your job do too mental illness. I worked in one of the largest Mental Hospital's. I think they do a tremendous job. I saw patient with so many disorders, especially OCD severe.  

Many time, I was the person that they need to help them walk through the crisis. Many small things are crisis ,if you do not know how to bring them to orderly completion.  

Many times, walked a patient through a crisis, we would write a list and the first thing that needed to be done was completed, it was by priority and it help to bring control . 

May times if the patient had to come and sit in the office and my boss was our at a meeting. I think organizing each task,.  Finish the first one, before moving too the next one. Though I was not a clinician, I guess from working there long enough and getting told you will get uses to each one and their needs. I did ,we had professionals, and the normal Joe. 

My heart goes out to you, it is not your fault, but you do need to stay in a program to develop skills , this will help you with medications and your daily routine. The more normal the person life is, and the less complicated the projects to live a normal life the better.  

I dealt with OCD in my married life , it is in passing that I think, if the house was a mess, I felt like loss ends everywhere. Organization is a feeling of being in control.  

Most people get denied on SSI the first time, get a good attorney, so your will not be on your fourth hearing in the future.  

Maybe once you are in a program and your life is in order, you could try too work again. Even on SSI you are allowed to make up to $800.00 without penalties and it may even be a little bit more.  

There are many walking the earth with OCD, that have it and know , and those that have it, and do not know they have it.    Some are professional, attorney's, Doctors, RN , the number one student in an Ivy League college.   I have seem so many get well, when they take their medication right and stay in therapy.  I think temporary agencies are great for people that are ill and need some form of income. It is not a life contract, you work when you can, and do your best.  

God bless. Hope you do well in the future , follow a good program at a hospital  

extreme206 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last