Message Boards

Topic : Giving and Receiving Support

Number of Replies: 845
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 09:08:39 am
Author : dataimport
What is the best way to support those you love who are coping with depression or grieving a loss? Post your tips and share support with others.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 12, 2009, 6:32 pm CST

i feel alone even i am not alone

hi everybody, i am having the hardest time in my life, i am soooooooooooooo lonely even i have a really loving and caring fiance and a really caring father and mother.my problem is that i donot talk with anybody, i have alot of unsolved issues and i keep everything inside me. i donot have a real outlet for my feelings. i used to have a friend which was my confidant, but she moved out of our town, we now talk for just few minutes on the phone so i donot have the time to open up and talk freely.

i really find it really scary and difficult to go out of the house. i stay at home for 2 or 3 days without going out or even seeing the street from a window. i am sooo depressed and i want to go out but i cannot. i donot go out except if it is very necessary.mom told me that we can go out together but i donot want to go out with her or with anybody because i donot wanna talk to anybody. i donot have close friends. i donot contact my relatives so they stopped calling me. i did all of that by myself.

i really want to have friends and communicate with my family, i really want to talk and stop being lonely but i donot know how to start. please i need your support to get out of my shell

January 19, 2009, 11:46 pm CST

Giving and receiving support

Quote From: rambo5

hi everybody, i am having the hardest time in my life, i am soooooooooooooo lonely even i have a really loving and caring fiance and a really caring father and mother.my problem is that i donot talk with anybody, i have alot of unsolved issues and i keep everything inside me. i donot have a real outlet for my feelings. i used to have a friend which was my confidant, but she moved out of our town, we now talk for just few minutes on the phone so i donot have the time to open up and talk freely.

i really find it really scary and difficult to go out of the house. i stay at home for 2 or 3 days without going out or even seeing the street from a window. i am sooo depressed and i want to go out but i cannot. i donot go out except if it is very necessary.mom told me that we can go out together but i donot want to go out with her or with anybody because i donot wanna talk to anybody. i donot have close friends. i donot contact my relatives so they stopped calling me. i did all of that by myself.

i really want to have friends and communicate with my family, i really want to talk and stop being lonely but i donot know how to start. please i need your support to get out of my shell

I was just reading my letter I wrote to my father after he died, the last quote before yours, and noticed there was another quote written. I was surprised because I thought this message board was suppose to be ceasing to give way for the new and upcoming message boards. Anyway, because of this, I read your quote. Funny name, "quote" for such a personal reflection on what a person is needing to express in a moment of time. Nevertheless, it is really not that important what it is called.

I read your letter and found myself wanting to respond to you just because sometimes your inspired. I feel for you, and if you knew my story, you would know why. At  this point in my life, I once again feel free from so many things that held me back. Doesn't mean I don't have things to work on, because we will always have something we can and should be working on.

So............with you, what is it that you believe you need? How did you come to have a fiance when you struggle with leaving the house? How do you feel about your unsolved issues and how they influence your relationship with you fiance? I'm not saying its a bad thing to have unsolved issues, because frankly we all do at some level. I personally believe that if we are consciously working on them, that is what matters and it will reflect in our heart to ourselves and others whether its real or not. It is always are fear that holds us back. What is yours. I know experientially, keeping my eyes on the big picture keeps me away from fear. Respond and I will respond to you.

Catherine

February 6, 2009, 3:30 pm CST

Lose of a spouse

I recently lost my spouse. He died in a very tragic accident. I didn't even get to say goodbye. I have lost other people in my life, but none compare  to loosing my spouse.

February 13, 2009, 9:02 am CST

Lost

Like many people I thought I had a pretty good life. Loving husband beautiful children, nice house.  Then, my world was rocked.  My husband was diagnosed with Stage 3 Colon cancer.  Luckily we made it through and he is doing better.  It was a year long journey that I wouldn't wish on anyone and I support anyone who is a cancer survivor, it is a tough battle on the patient and their family.  So after that I thought ok speed bump and started going along happy and thankful.  Then slam-my oldest child came to me and told me that she had been molested by a family member.   I was shocked, I of course didn't doubt her story because she was my child and I know she wouldn't have made an accusation if it wasn't true. Plus, I could see the pain in her eyes. I'll never forget that look.  So, I confronted the family member and he admitted that it happened and went into counseling.  My child is in therapy and is doing as well as she can for now.  I have not spoken with the family member since I was told about the molestation.  We were once very close.  He has reached out to me, but I cannot bring myself to speak with him.  The rest of the family has turned their backs on us.  Why, your guess is as good as mine. Fear maybe. I don't know.  I tried therapy but I don't think I had the right fit for me.  I wasn't looking for a quick fix or anything I just needed to talk to someone who could help me deal with my feelings, and that didn't happen.  If anyone has any words of wisdom for me I would be grateful.

March 19, 2009, 10:22 am CDT

lost my mom recently

i recently at the end of febuary got a phone call from my mom b.f. in mexico . he called to tell us that she died .but he didn't know from what . and now i am trying to get answers but i don;t know where to start looking . does anyone have any advice for me . i am a mom myself of three beautiful girls who never got to see their grandma cause my mom has been gone for 5 years and this was the first time we heard anything for him about her.

First | Prev | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | Next Page | Last Page