Message Boards

Topic : 09/06 The Ex Factor

Number of Replies: 127
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 31, 2007, 10:21:47 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What do you do when your ex is still in the picture and wreaking havoc? Louise says she broke up with Mike two months ago because he choked her, threw chairs at her, and even threatened to throw their infant son over a fence. Mike says anger just runs in the family, and he wants Louise to take him back but another ex of Mike’s has a warning for Louise. Shannon says she wants to expose Mike for the cruel man he really is. Mike says Shannon is a liar and an unfit mother. When Dr. Phil digs deeper into the story, you won’t believe the claims Shannon makes. Plus, what did Mike confess to Louise that has Dr. Phil concerned for the children? As allegations of abuse, threats and theft fly, Dr. Phil tries to make sense of these strained relationships. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 6, 2007, 12:40 pm CDT

Ticked off!!

I'm watching the show right now and my blood is BOILING!!! What a sick, twisted situation!!! Why in the WORLD is the little girl living with this abusive monster?!?  I hope someone from their local CYF watched this show and went to Mike's and got that little girl out of there!!!! I'm so upset right now I'm shaking!!!

September 6, 2007, 1:02 pm CDT

Ex Factor

Please protect those children from that abusive man and if the mother's are not being truthful perhaps those children would be better off in foster care.  I know you will protect the children at all costs as the parents reminded me of my high school days as well.  How sad for the innocent victims in this.

September 6, 2007, 1:22 pm CDT

09/06 The Ex Factor

Quote From: barnesashley

first of all that man needs to go to jail. he has a problem!!! Those GIRLS need to leave and grow up because they have children 
 They should've grown up (and gotten married to better men) before they had children. Why do these two, and so many other, gals not only get involved with abusive men, but have children by them? What's the payoff? It's sexual, I'll bet.

September 6, 2007, 1:24 pm CDT

women under a man's control

I was upset by the way the audience was laughing at the lady on your show today. If any of them have ever experienced being in an uncontrollable situation, I'm sure their reaction would have been very different.
Obviously, she didn't want to sleep with him to see her child. She clearly needs help and saying go to the police and have them get her doesn't work. I called the police in my town when my child wasn't returned according my custody agreement. They told me they don't handle custody issues and to call a lawyer. Not everyone can afford a lawyer. If they do then there is always the fear of having to deal with the anger of an abusive person and have the children hearing things no child should ever hear. It's a no win situation.

I am happy at the end Dr. Phil offered them help. I wish he didn't say  to the mother, go get her, because most of time it is never that simple.

I wish both women well and sincerely hope they can find a person who loves and respects like I have.

Thank you, Amy in CT

September 6, 2007, 1:25 pm CDT

Whats with all the advertisements?Good show

I was very into today's show as I have been a party to a similar childish demeaning and mututally unhappy control based relationship. I could have guesed exactly what was going to happen when the show started. Dr Phil steps in and offers councilling and a case study to save the day. (That sure has done all the other troubled families out here in the world alot of good).

The biggest problem with this family was they were so young and troubled and the task of being parents was too much. The young feller was scared and asking for help out of his troubles withthese girls and being a father before he was really ready. I think his anger problems were actually because he was insecure about things and the only way he could feel in control was to bully the women and the kids. Its not that he wanted to do that just that was the only way he knew to do it. Insecure people like to be controlling  pricks.

I am sure the majority of the time he tried to do good things for the kids and thier mothers and feels like they and the world have ganged up on him.

I wonder what the kids will think of their father and mothers when they grow up and how well they will get on.

This show was good but I couldnt concentrate on it very well cause seems like there were more ads then there was show. Oprah must be needing to send some more money to those schools in Africa or something cause both shows are overrunning with ads this season. i wonder what percent of the time slot is show and what percent is ads.

September 6, 2007, 1:29 pm CDT

09/06 The Ex Factor

What a lot of childish nonesense! They all need to grow up big time. This guy is a control freak who plays those girls like a puppet. ALL OF THEM need to lose those kids and get a life! This is sickening!

September 6, 2007, 1:37 pm CDT

Ex Factor Show

I always enjoy Dr. Phil's shows, but today, I just wanted to reach through the television and shake the guests!  These young people have a lot of maturing to do and need to take some time to gain insight into their impulses.  In the meantime, the children are in middle of the mess.  All of them clearly have issues of self-esteem or low ego strength. 

Dr. Phil, I would like to encourage a show where you highlight postive relationships between former relationships.  I have three children from two dads and we all have very amiable and boundary oriented interactions, including with their new spouses.  It can happen and my children are much better for it. 

September 6, 2007, 1:39 pm CDT

A bunch of liars

Dr. Phil,

What a show you had today.  I was watching your show and don't believe a single one of them.  I think you were being snowballed by a couple of people who wanted their five minutes of fame.  They tell you one thing and then tell you somthing different because they could not remember the first lie they told.

September 6, 2007, 1:40 pm CDT

A bunch of liars

Dr. Phil,

What a show you had today.  I was watching your show and don't believe a single one of them.  I think you were being snowballed by a couple of people who wanted their five minutes of fame.  They tell you one thing and then tell you somthing different because they could not remember the first lie they told.

September 6, 2007, 1:59 pm CDT

Why doesn't she want her daughter back

This is the question that is nagging in my mind.  Dr. Phil asked shannon why she didn't seek to gain custody, even feeling that her ex is the reason her for broken nose and blackened eyes?  He admitted to it.

At the very end, she is still saying she wants visitation so her other daughter can get to know the one in this animals custody.  WHY, is she still not seeking custody?  /boggle

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last